2013 Nissan Altima Consumer Review: Used to love Nissan, now I'm n

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Review

Used to love Nissan, now I'm not so sure
By soulemanrx on

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've been a Nissan guy my whole life, have owned 4 of them. This 2013 2.5 SL Altima was great for about the first 1,000 miles. Since then the issues are starting to pile up and get on my nerves. No fixes, not even any acknowledgement from corporate. 1) CVT rattle between 1,500-1,700 rpm. Fixed with a new tensioner and belt. Went away for 500-700 miles and vibration came back. Gets worse with more mileage put on the vehicle. 2) Whistling from driver's side mirror. 3) E brake light comes randomnly. Dealer can't fix. 4) Heated seats don't really have a high and low. High heats the seat pan, low the seat back. They are both HOT!!!

Comfort wise the car is top notch. It's very enjoyable on the Highway and I have been getting really great mpg. 32-40 plus on the highway, depends on speed. 60-75mph. Navigation works well, Google send to car is awesome, bluetooth audio streaming is fantastic.

Actually getting acknowledgment that there is an issue would be a start. There is nothing more annoying than driving a car around town at 35-45mph and having it sound like a 25 year old car waiting for the engine to fall out. Everytime I have a $500+ payment come out of my checking account I shake my head. 6 months and counting and still no word from Nissan about any of the above issues. Toyota has also had their issues lately, but at least they own up to them (eventually) and issue recalls to get them fixed. Nissan is great until you have to go looking for customer service. Once you venture down that road, forget about it. BTW, only 6,000 miles on this vehicle.
By atglass2
on 03/12/13 18:07 PM (PDT)

Have you opend a case with Nissan Customer Care and the Better Business Bureau Auto Line? [non-permissible content removed].