Still Happy With My Altima
By caliguy1 on
2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
I've had my Altima since the first of February, 2013. It's now 8 months and 11,500 miles later and the car is great! My Altima is fully loaded except for the "remote start". I test drove the new Honda Accord, VW Passat, Kia Optima and Toyata Camry. For me the Altima had the most quiet and smooth ride with a bit of sports car feel...thanks to the 3.5 V6. I felt at ease in the seats and overall driving position. The V6 has plenty of get up and go, but if you're wanting fuel economy stick with the 4 cyl. For me, the CVT was to noisey with the 4 cyl. engine.
Favorite Features
I like the leather seats, the Bose stereo and the overall layout of the dash board. Everything is within easy reach and easy on the eyes. I like that the navigation screen is built into the dash and not a pop-up screen (which look like after market purchases to me). It's comfy and roomy and gets me to where I need to go in great comfort.
Suggested Improvements
I've noticed more noise from the CVT at start up and the shocks/struts transmit too much noise for being a new car. On the road and stereo playing, I don't notice the sounds from the suspension. Also, the low profile tires needed to be rotated at 10k miles, which means they aren't going to last much longer. I'm told the rear wing is standard on the SL, and it's something I'd prefer not to have. I don't think it adds anything to the car.