2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
The Altima is a nice car that boasts excellent interior styling and comfort.
The 2.5L engine has great acceleration but the drivetrain is also quite noisy, even at moderate throttle. The drivetrain also exhibits a pronounced rumble/growl at low throttle from a standing start as the CVT seeks to keep the engine RPMs very low for maximum MPG.
The cabin is quiet while crusing, but a high-pitched whine can be heard at idle and low speed driving.
The AC compressor stays on even while heating; the manual gives a procedure to turn it off, but it doesn't work, so the compressor is working all the time.
Highway MPG is very good, but EPA city MPG can only be achieved with very careful driving.
1) Strong engine.
2) Very good braking.
3) Great sound system on SV model.
4) Quiet cabin on freeway.
5) Excellent interior fit, finish, and quality.
6) Legible instrument cluster.
7) Plenty of standard technology features.
8) Sporty exterior styling.
9) Roomy cabin.
10) Highway MPG.
1) Reprogram CVT so the engine isn't bogged down at low speeds.
2) Rework front end so car tracks straight at highway speeds.
3) Turn AC compressor off automatically when heating.
4) Lighten up steering and reduce sensitivity.
5) Make windshield wiper cover all of driver's left side. Right now 4 inches are left unswept (dangerous).
6) Reduce drivetrain noise at all throttle positions.
7) Make interior trunk release larger so it's easier to see/feel.
8) Reduce size of panic button on remote and recess it so false presses are avoided.
9) Provide seat tilt and lumbar adjustment on cloth seats.
† Edmunds.com received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Third-Party Automotive Website Evaluation Study℠. Results based on responses from 3,381 responses, measuring 14 companies and measures third-party automotive website usefulness among new and used vehicle shoppers. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed from January 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.