2013 Nissan Altima Consumer Review: Rumble noise in engine/transmi

2013 Nissan Altima - Consumer Review

2.5 SV Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic)

Rumble noise in engine/transmission above 20MPH
By sadnissanowner on

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After my retirement, I drove for a local Nissan dealership, as a dealer trade driver. I was very impressed with the 2012 Altima, so I purchased a new 2013 Altima. This was a big mistake! Mistakely, I assumed that the engine and transmission would perform the same or even better than the 2012. How wrong I was! I love the car and everything it offers, but this rumbling noise from about 20mph onward is driving me nuts. I must trun up the radio to drown out the noise. I drove the 2012 Altimas for thousand of miles while doing my job, with complete satisfaction in the vehicle. Please don't make the mistake as I, and purchase this vehicle. I hope someone comes out with a class action suit
By sadnissanowner
on 07/13/13 04:43 AM (PDT)

Here is an update about the CVT shutter in my 2013 Altima. Next Wednesday, the dealership is to repace the alternator, thinking that is where the shutter noise is originating. The noise is still with the car after almost a year and with no satisfaction from Nissan. (I do not believe the problem is in the alternator.) I have had two belt tensioners replaced and the shutter noise is gone for about 1,500 miles, but then comes back. Please folks, don't buy a Nissan, I wished I never did!!

By bradhenson
on 01/25/14 08:22 AM (PST)

I'm right there with you. Horrible car. I'll never buy another Nissan. Pure junk. 1500 miles and I hate it worse after every drive. Transmission is nothing but rattling, vibrating, noisy trouble. Buyers beware. You may get a good one, but you may end up with an expensive boat anchor... If I could afford to I'd take it to Nissan HQ and set it on fire...