Good!
By steve_bz on
2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
I have a 2013, 3.5S. I got it because it was on end of year special and I expect excellent things from Nissan. Normally, I go for smaller and sportier. This one is very sporty, lots of get up and go. The sound of the engine is actually throaty, with a growl, surprising. Not loud, but it sounds good. It handles pretty well but the stock tires are just ok in winter conditions, found out just today. The seats are comfy and with this version the stereo/high tech is minimal but still what I need. The configurable display is actually pretty techy but I guess I'm saying the S version stereo is minimal. Dunno if it is ok to say, but for 21K this was a steal of a deal. Had to buy at Xmas though.
Favorite Features
Comforatble seats, plenty of power. At 2K I'm getting 21city/29hwy. We'll see if it improves. The drivers seat is crazy comfy and the other seats have a lot of room. This has the feel of a really big car, but it is mid size. Nissan squeezed the engine compartment, made the interior and trunk roomy. Stomp on this and it gets up and goes! Bluetooth is flawless though I wish it didn't cash the last MP3 played on the screen. I couldn't beat this at the Nissan close out price. Below inventory price...below the used Edmunds price for this model by 1K.
Suggested Improvements
CVT does not have what I've seen in previous reviews but it 'stumbles' after a slow down, say go from 45 to 30 quickly roll for a bit and accelerate and you get an odd shudder from the trans I think, sometimes. Wheels are alloy but kinda cheesy. The bulbous exterior indicator lights are my least favorite feature. The sleek profile indicator lights of previous years are much cooler. I think there is Renault influence in the body design, the front end swoop. Not sure why they did this other than all the Japanese sedans are trying to incorporate this body look feature. "everybody's doing it"
By mred72
on 02/27/14 07:39 AM (PST)

You indeed got a great deal because they are flooding the used car market. Nissan dealers and private dealers can't get rid of them because some are Lemon Law buy backs and others got fed up with the transmission and a host of other electrical problems. Good luck with yours. Couldn't wait to get rid of mine, and so I did.

By flybynight
on 04/05/14 18:54 PM (PDT)

Seems like the 2014 owner reviews are looking better. I purchased a 2014 Altima 2.5S a couple months ago, and so far I haven't had any problems with it. The more I drive it, the better I like it. It's very responsive when comparing it to my "98" Altima. Average mph is around 28. That's mostly city miles with some expressway driving. I've only driven it a couple thousand miles, so the jury's still out, especially on the CVT Transmission, but so far, I'm very pleased.