2nd review after more miles. Still Junk and getting worse...
By bradhenson on
2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
The 2013 will probably go down in history books of how NOT to build and market a car. The transmission still isn't working right (2 dealer trips as of today, and still won't admit to hearing a clattering noise coming from transmission billed as being unusually smooth), but lets make some impressive titanium paddle shifters that don't turn with the wheel (stupid). That will take their minds off all of the clattering and squeeling under the hood. I honestly hope someone steals this car for (crappy) parts. It's pretty on the inside and outside, but it has the character of worn out old truck. Pathetic. Really
Favorite Features
It's pretty when it's parked. Perfect car for someone with a DWI. They can look and imagine how great it will be when they get to drive again, then it will drive them to drink once they have to drive it... Makes me curse every time I get behind the wheel. Really. Ask my wife... My favorite... Every day that passes is one less day I'll have to own it. As soon as I can devise a strategy, this sucker will be gone, and it will be a joyous day. Hallelujah, Hallelujah!!!
Suggested Improvements
I only have 700 characters, but maybe Seppuku for everyone involved with bringing this car to former loyal customers turned mortal enemies. IT IS THAT BAD. Don't buy unless you like cursing. I call it a "piece of sh..." every time I drive it. I may have to increase my blood pressure meds or get rid of it. I really do hate this car and all involved with it. They know of all of the problems and keep on telling the poor suckers (me) how great they are. Don't believe it. Ask an expert... A real expert. Someone who has had to suffer through this heap on a daily basis.
By bradhenson
on 02/11/14 16:37 PM (PST)

Thanks, bighair2... I am. I'd camp out at the dealership if it wasn't so far away. I've had it to the dealership twice and got Nissan Care involved last time. Pathetic joke that they "care"... If you hear "unable to reproduce problem" from Nissan, grab your ankles. I'm at the point where if they'd admit there was a problem I'd pay for it just to be able to drive it with any peace of mind. They know there's a problem, they're just cutting their losses. God, I hate Nissan Motor Company. How do they sleep at night?

By oneway2013
on 03/23/14 06:40 AM (PDT)

I've been a Toyota buyer for years, but with poor results in the car and services; I've decided to try out a Nissan Altima! First problem, the caliper system; had to be changed. After the repairs, they still have the "ringing sound". The dealer states that its normal to sound like so. Second, as one hits the gas pedal, one hears a roaring sound in the engine compartment; the dealer states that the problem can't be found! Third, the service is poor; even though one has the appointment at a certain time, still it takes an additional hour or so to be attended. In conclusion, I'm very mad in all, the car and service of Nissan. If only I can turn in the car and get my money back. I will surely not recommend to anyone to but this model or any model from Nissan....

By bradhenson
on 02/22/14 08:16 AM (PST)

I didn't have to go that far. Posted a horrible review on dealerrater.com. They called me within 48 hours and offered to trade. Figured I'd get a raw deal, but I got all of my money back and an insanely good deal on a new Juke. Loved our first one, so all is good. Taking that heap of garbage back today. Owning it has been the worst, most stressful time of my life. Can't wait to give them the keys...

By bighair2
on 02/07/14 19:57 PM (PST)

We went to the BBB and worked with an arbitrator, best advice keep all receipts and correspondence. We were awarded our money back under the lemon law. I was also told to go to the new to get a different car or your money back.