I knew better than to buy the first year of a redesign
By 2013neveragain on
2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
I know better than to buy the first model year of a complete redesign... Immediately after purchase I had the windshield trim replaced because it would not hold secure and was flapping at highway speeds. Then with about 2K miles on it the car left me stranded at Wal-Mart. Nissan roadside took two hours to get a tow truck to me. Turns out it was a known ignition system recall that the dealer failed to update before I purchased the car. The radio has been replaced already for having issues such as dropping the blue tooth link with any connected phone, flashing on and off and so on. It took 3 weeks to get a replacement radio in. Dash trim on the side of the radio has been replaced...........
Favorite Features
The alternator has been replaced and was causing a lot of vibration under the hood at low speeds. The spare tire was 30 lbs under pressure and that was addressed under a recall. The transmission has been reprogrammed under a recall. The interior has squeaks, the power steering pump whines and is VERY irritating. The dealer said it is a known issue with no fix. There is wind noise. I need to take it in for the pwr window now. Oh and the 38 hwy MPG listed is based on 97 octane gas. Read the fine print on the EPA web site for that car. Even the sales person did not know that. Overall very disappointing with Nissan quality and representation for this car. Never again.
Suggested Improvements
Own up to the issues. Fix the issues! Protect the brand, fix the steering pump issue and do a recall on the alternator. Be clear with customers on the basis for the MPG rating.