PROBLEM CAR
By jagger2 on
2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
Please do your research before you purchase this vehicle. I have been a loyal Nissan customer for nearly 20 years and have owned several Nissan vehicles. Didn't think twice about what could possibly go wrong with a brand new Altima. Basically relied on my experience which was my huge mistake. The vehicle just had too many defects. First the whining noise and shortly after, brakes made a loud slapping noise, the fuel slosh, screen goes blank and not to mention the rubber burning smell. Addressed all of these with Nissan and even filed a complaint with BBB and MD General Attorney. Nissan did absolutely nothing other than write a response stating everything was normal. Do your research first
Favorite Features
Seat comfort and roomy interior
Suggested Improvements
Nissan needs to do a better job with their customer service and stop telling people that the issues that are being brought to their attention are normal. They are not! Clearly, the vehicle has many defects. Fix them.
By trek2
on 05/28/13 09:47 AM (PDT)

Haven't you previously posted a comment on your 2013 Altima, I think this gives a misconception that more people are having problems with this car than there truly are. Personally I love my 2013 Nissan Altima.

By trek2
on 06/12/13 20:40 PM (PDT)

I have a 2.5sv and I just started having problems with the passenger airbag sensor going off, but I see there is a recall for this. Other then that I have had no other problems, but your right I do not have some of the options that your having problems with.

By dynarider
on 06/11/13 08:57 AM (PDT)

Well I am experiencing Many problems with my 2.5sl Trek2, I love the car in general and do not think there are many better options out there by the looks alone, but My transmission has many problems, My steering pump has problems, My BSM will not always light up while another car is there, and my Land detection goes crazy when i am in my lane, and when it rains niether one of these work properly, the lights and sounds almost always stay on. I am having broblems with my breaks, my drivers side mirror and the most important is my Passenger airbag off switch is turning my airbag off while I am sitting in the seat and I weight 180lbs. I have had this repaired by Nissan 3 times and it is still doing it. I am just waiting to sget into an accident so I can suit the hell out of nissan, I have created 2 claims with nissan consumer affairs, I have had my car in the shop 4 seperate times and have had repairs made, and the others they try to say is normal but these copmplaints are not normal and I do not feel safe in this car. I do not know what model you got, but It seams to me the ones with most of the problems are the top line sl's.