Overrated
By trun on
2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
Car looks great from the outside but as soon as you step foot on the inside, it is a piece of crap. I had a 2009 Altima and regret every day that I ever traded it in for a 2013. The back up camera is absolutely atrocious! You can't even see out of it. There is a rattling in the roof that will not stop. The navigation is horrible. My 2009 navigation/camera system was WAY better than this horrible 2013. When I brought it to Nissan with these complaints they said that I needed to check my surroundings anyways and basically admitted this camera was pointless. I am VERY disappointed with this purchase. I will not buy a Nissan again because of the swindling I felt like I had received.
Favorite Features
The exterior is nice looking. That's it.
Suggested Improvements
Backup camera and navigation system!!!!
By dynarider
on 06/11/13 08:42 AM (PDT)

Are you having vibration problems between 1,200-1,800 RPM's? and is your passenger airbag off light staying on? and are you getting a whine from you steering pump? Thanks

By damit_dan
on 07/17/13 20:51 PM (PDT)

I recently test drove one of these while looking for a new car for my wife. I had read the complaints about the passenger airbag & even asked the dealer about it. They told me that the airbag system does an initial check when you start the car. If there isn't any weight at all in the seat, then it will automatically turn the airbag off without illuminating the dashboard light, but if you put something that weighs 30-90 lbs in the seat then it will disarm the airbag & will light up the warning light. I thought he was full of BS, myself, so I looked up the owner's manual for the car online. It says nearly the same except that it doesn't specify an weight categories for the on/off of the light. Here is the URL to the manual on nissan's website: https://owners.nissanusa.com/content/techpub/ManualsAndGuides/Altima/2013/2013-Altima-owner-manual.pdf Reference to pages 1-36 & 1-47 for the best info that I found about their system. Do I agree with this method of doing the airbag warning? No, not at all. Personally, I believe the interior of a car should be as Layman's as possible to prevent confusion such as this. I am not trying to advocate for the car as we haven't decided to get this or the Camry. I am just sharing the info & experience I had with the airbag light. Now, what I have found to be a problem for me was while test driving the car, I attempted to test the ABS. The tires actually locked up & left skid-marks!!! Not much of an ABS system if you ask me, but I will go back & look at the car again. Any info that can be shared about the ABS system would be appreciated, especially since the ABS or Brake light came on while this was going on.