now it is great
By carpersonvu on
2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
I bought the car in August 2012----I had the vibration at 20 and 40 MPH as reported by a number of people. I worked with cosumer realtions at Nissan---the lady I got was FANTASTIC---after dealing with the dealer who did not know what to do and said it was the CVT, she got a design engineer to drive my car and he told me it was the belt tensioner---the early ones did not have a stong enough spring---they replaced it and the car is now FANTASTIC---it is not the CVT---If you have this problem insist on a new belt tensioner---make sure it is a new one with the new design and you will then love the car as I do.
Favorite Features
seats, style, MPG
Suggested Improvements
see the above, unlink the lane departure warning system with the blind spot detection---they should not be the same system
By sdginz13
on 02/18/13 13:43 PM (PST)

You must have the magic touch. I have the same car with the same issue and I cant even get someone from Nissan to return my calls, let alone fix my car! Their customer relations staff must either be overwhelmed by complaints on this or the least customer focused group I have ever encountered. I have heard that this belt tensioner is only a temporary fix. Good luck to you with yours.