Nice Car With Nagging Issue
By barry5k on
2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
I liked everything about this car: the looks, the mpg, comfortable seats, price. There is an annoying loud whining noise at low speeds. Been to the dealer three times and opened a case with customer care at Nissan. The specialist's answer was rude at best. He said the sound is normal and I perhaps have sensitive hearing. If this is a normal sound, why does it irritate everyone in the car and why are some Altimas noise free? If I had heard this noise I wouldn't have bought the car. Nissan's response is totally unacceptable!
Favorite Features
Styling, mpg, comfortable seats.
Suggested Improvements
Respect the owner's valid complaints and fix a problem that plagues many new Altimas.
By gigi96
on 02/01/13 22:39 PM (PST)

I have been to the dealer as well regarding the nagging noise. The weather stripping was replaced but I continue to hear the noise. It is EXTREMELY annoying and will be taking it back to the dealer next week. I am glad to see a post on this subject as I thought I was going in sane :)

By parthiv
on 02/02/13 21:20 PM (PST)

Nagging noise would be Radiator Pump. Start your car and open the hood its on Passanger side. That must be the noise you are hearing inside the car when its in steady position while its on. I am going to ask about that too. As its annoying. I bought my car on Jan 19, 2013. Brand New Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 2013. It started some squicking noise after 7 Days and 200 miles. I went to dealer and they checked my car and ordered Belt and Pully to fix the problem. I am going on this monday 2/3/2013 to get it fix. Also Driver side door there is some kind of vibration noise. Just like in OLD car somethings from whole car would Vibrate as its loose. Dealer is helpful but lets see what comes next.