2013 Nissan Altima Consumer Review: Navigation System

2013 Nissan Altima - Consumer Review

Navigation System
By rtinaglia on

2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We've had the 2013 Altima 3.5 SL for about a month. Even after 4 weeks we can't figure out the Bosch Nav system. It is the most UN-intuitive system I've ever used. Nothing is simple, everything requires at least 1, usually 2 more menues to accomplish a task. Don't waste your money on this. My $200 Garmin will remember the deviation from the calculated route, and provide this re-route everytime. Not the Bosch. And, if your lookin g for a smooth ride, pass the Altima, it's stiff and hard over bumps. We made a misteake - don't you.

XM radio is great - I do like the large read-out on the Nav screen. the Google option for using the cell phone also works well in finding POIs.

Improve the ride. Do away with the Bosch Nav system. Add "seat memory", and at the least power to the passenger seat, at $30K you expect these things. The car mats that cost $200 are inferrior to the $40 set at Walmart. My wife doesn't wear high heels, and there is a deep indention at the gas peddle after 4 weeks. Add Running lights as provided for Canadian models. In cars with the tan/cream interrior, DoNot supply cream colored floor matts & carpet.