My 2013 Nissan Altima is not a year old yet and already have problems!!! Do not purchase this vehicle
By nubiancici on
2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
I have tried my best to try to get Nissan to help me with a vibration problem that is occuring in my so called new car. I purchased this car June 1, 2013 and it was brand new. 6 Months later I am having issues. The had to change the left front strut which was causing my car to make a thumbing noise when I was driving slow. My car was perfectly fine till I got it back and then I noticed the vibration in my car that you can feel through the steering wheel. Nissan dealership in Lewisville Texas made me seem as if I was crazy. I strongly advice you to stay away from Nissan Altima until they figure out what is causing their vehicles to vibrate making the ride very uncomfortable.
Favorite Features
The interior of the car is my favorite feature but it means nothing if I dont want to drive it cause I cannot stand this constant annoying vibration that with time will get worse. After researching this on the internet I found that many people complain to nissan about this and they will not do anything to fix this issue. They need to just recall them and build a better Nissan Altima.
Suggested Improvements
Make the car comfortable to ride in. Recall it and fix it. Fix the constant vibration that seems to be caused by the brackets that hold the engine not properly built right. This is a world wide problem and I will do everything in my power to make sure I help people from not buying this product and wasting their money in a vehicle that will constantly vibrate and annoy you. Imagine a tingling sensation running through your body starting from the hands to your feet. I am so dissappointed for not researching this vehicle before purchase. Please do not commit to high payment for a Nissan Altima 2013.
By txgreg61
on 03/10/14 11:40 AM (PDT)

I had what sounds like the same vibration, among other problems. They finally discovered, after a year and a half and multiple service visits, it was coming from the alternator. The new alternator solved the problem.