Made in January 2013
By mickeywoz on
2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
After reading all the negative posts I was hesitant in waiting for my car to arrive in February. So far I have not had any issues with CVT shudder, and the heated seats worked as they should. There is a very slight power steering whine but for me it is not noticeable unless everything is off and you are listening for it at low speeds. I have really enjoyed this car, I have taken it on two long distance trips (have 6,000 miles on it) and the ride was quite and comfortable. The crazy thing is, the car is rated for 31 miles mpg on the highway and I had gotten 33mpg, 35mpg and a whopping 37.5 mpg on three different fillups, the lowest being through the mountains.
Favorite Features
Obviously the highway gas mileage is better then expected, though consumer reports drive rated it at 35mpg on the highway. The seats were very comfortable for the trip. I think having my car made in January has resolved some of the problems others are facing as well as getting the v-6, not sure I would opt for the 4cyl as it was noisy when I tested one. Also the leather seats were good. Also really like the illumination readings and the modes that are available to read, makes it easier to keep your eye on the road. Back passengers say the ride and comfort is good in the rear seats.
Suggested Improvements
The center console does not have a way to shut off the air, so if there are two of you in the front, one of you is going to get cold air on them unless you but it in floor mode. The power steering whine should be taken care of and after taking my trip the rear truck could be a bit larger for suitcases. Also for 30,000 g's a powered passenger seat should be standard. From what I read it appears Nissan is slow in correcting problems but thankfully mine has been trouble free.
By fredbilloie
on 05/20/13 22:09 PM (PDT)

Actually, mickeywoz quoted the V-6 rated Highway MPG. He has the V-6 limited model.

By newaltima1
on 05/09/13 05:58 AM (PDT)

Actually sir, I think that the rated highway mileage is 38 mpg and 31 combined.