1 of 1 people found this review helpful
Love My Nissan!
By greenpuppy on
2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
I was really dead set on a completely different sedan - but the lease cost was astronomical (and the other car's MSRP was actually lower than the Altima), so I started looking elsewhere. Hated almost every other car I test drove (Accord, Sonata, Camry) - but LOVED the Altima! I got the 2.5 SV with no navigation, and it's just amazing. It's so quiet, even at highway speed, I often find myself drifting up to the 70mph range without even noticing because it drives so smoothly. The bluetooth features and ipod connectivity are great (even displays album artwork) and I really like having the two screens (one in instrument panel, one in radio). MPG has been great too!
1. MPG - I have averaged about 34.5 mpg with mixed city and highway.
2. Quiet, refined drive
3. Tech features - XM radio, iPod display, shows Pandora artist/title and lets you thumbs up/down on screen (iPhone only), reads and responds to text messages, etc (All with the base SV, no tech package or nav)
4. Really nice looking vehicle, lots of comments
5. Love the little extras, like automatic headlights, ability to open/lock the doors without taking keys out of my pocket
6. Rear back up camera and remote start standard on SV!
Sorry - not the same person, but I wanted to let you know that I have one of these beautiful little cars and yes, I sure do have that odd whistle at low rpm's.
In fact, I took the car into the dealer today (it is newborn, only a month old) to have it checked.
And guess what?
I am told that is an acceptable noise coming from the electric power steering pump.
Get used to it.
I would never have bought this car if I had known I would be listening to a low whistle during initial acceleration for the next 5 years.
I am pretty darned unhappy with that, but everything else seems okay.
I have a problem with my bluetooth/radio control from the steering wheel which I hope will be fixed today.