Disappointed and Concerned/Buyer Beware
By tsz628 on
2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
I purchased my new 2013 Nissan Altima in January, 2013. I have had the vehicle now for nearly 2 months and 1300 miles. The performance of the vehicle thus far has been very disappointing. A very annoying vibration and lugging of the car upon acceleration at low rpms has been an issue. I just recently took a short trip using all interstates and felt a vibration and howling noise in the car the entire trip at speeds of 65-75mph. I have called the dealership and was told this was typical of a CVT Transmission. That statement is far from the truth. Nissan has a serious problem and needs to find a solution to correct this problem. Without these very annoying issues this can be a great car.
Favorite Features
Exterior styling is great. The fit and finish is very good. The new zero gravity seats are very very comfortable. Cabin space has been improved as well. The ride is very smooth, comfortable with little cabin noise. Bose stereo is acceptable at best.
Suggested Improvements
Fix the isues with the vibration, lugging and howling in the performance of the car and you have a very impressive car. Quality Control did a very poor job of testing this car before sending it to market.