2013 Nissan Altima Consumer Review: Deep Buyer's Remorse

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Review

Deep Buyer's Remorse
By atglass2 on

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my new 2013 Altima in Nov. 2012. I have had the car for 3 months and I have had to take it back to dealership 5 different times for the same lugging noise and vibration issue. They replaced the belt and belt tensioner but the relief from the awful noise and vibration only lasted a short time. I have 2 open cases with Nissan customer care but all I can get out of them is that Nissan is aware of the problem. Now they don't even return my phone calls. The service manager at my dealership told me that their hands are tied, meaning I'm on my own. I have owned many new cars in my lifetime and if I had an issue, it was quickly addressed. This time it has been a nightmare.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats

Suggested Improvements

The CVT in this car is a nightmare. Nissan programmed this transmission to lock up at a very low RPM, thus causing the lugging noise and extreme vibration issue. This was done in order to get the high EPA estimates. Al this vibration is causing other components to rattle loose. With a simple reprogram of the CVT, Nissan could relieve some of the noise and vibration but it would lower the MPG estimates somewhat. In my opinion, Nissan will not be able to remedie this terrible and frustrating issue.