Cvt Problems Nissian says cannot correct. BEWARE
By harryo3 on
2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
Great driving car. Handles well and is quiet inside EXCEPT for transmission noise at low rpms. Do not buy this car until Nissan gets the cvt problem corrected. My 2013 has been in shop 5 times in 5 months. Want to trade in but the cvt noise scares buyers away. Hard to believe Nissan cannot correct the problem or maybe they may think it will be to costly for them. The None return of nissan customers will be felt in future cars made by them.
Favorite Features
Auto start and pushbutton starting. The seats are awesome. Handles very well. Nissan ALMOST had it right.
Suggested Improvements
CVT GRINDIND NOISE> Nissan says that is normal
By mred72
on 03/02/13 14:54 PM (PST)

Agreed. Last Nissan I owned was back in 1990. Sad to see not much has changed in 23 years. Still having their quality issues.

By sadnissanowner
on 06/07/13 01:05 AM (PDT)

Purchased 2013 Altima in August of 2012. Loved the car until vibration in transmission started. I have had car in number of times and a new belt tensioner has been installed twice. Problem reoccurs in about 1,000 miles. Only 6,200 miles now on car since we stored it during the winter. I cannot recommend to anyone to purchase this vehicle until the problem is fixed, and I am beginning to believe that Nissan is incapable of fixing problem. Why can't they fix my CVT problem already?

By radar22
on 04/02/13 16:59 PM (PDT)

Took my car in yesterday to have a new belt and tensioner installed. Was told that this is a temporary fix and the company is working on a permanent fix but has not figured out what to do for sure. At least for the first time we are driving a quiet car!

By mred72
on 03/20/13 18:38 PM (PDT)

atglass2 keep us posted. Unless more people complain, Nissan will do nothing. I'm in the same boat as you.

By atglass2
on 03/12/13 18:18 PM (PDT)

I have owned my Altima for only 3 and a half months and it's been to the service department 5 times for the rattling noise and vibration coming from the engine. I had the belt and tensioner replaced but after 800 mi. the noise and vibration came back. Had to open a case with the Better Business Bureau Auto Line. In arbitration currently to force Nissan to buy my car back. Very frustrating and stressful.