Common Complaints
By fvrsr on
2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
Steering: big problem with "drift"; easy to deal with in the city, but on a long highway trip? No way. Requires constant, irritating correction. Even using your fingers - after 50 highway miles, my forearms feel the fatigue. "Squealing": yes; some think it's the brakes, some think it's the steering. For me, the brakes squeal every morning upon leaving my garage. Door handle: lock popped out just by closing the door. Horn: Must push hard in the middle of the wheel (no more "polite" reminder to the driver in front of you that the light changed). etc., etc., etc. Nissan response/service: Very poor.
Favorite Features
Heavy, luxury feel; sleek appearance; fun electronics.
Suggested Improvements
Best possible improvement? - Honesty regarding consumer problems, and fix them or take the car back. These are not issues that can be discovered during a test drive.
By jesteruno
on 06/01/13 12:00 PM (PDT)

I have the same drifting problem. If its windy forget it. You couldn't drive in a straight line if you tried. I've had mine since Sept. and I cant wait till my house is built so I can get out of this piece of crap.

By bighair2
on 02/07/14 20:24 PM (PST)

I went to the BBB and they agreed with us, this car has a non conforming safety issue and got our money back under the lemon law. We are not going to buy another Nissan!