CAVIAT EMPTOR(let the buyer beware)
By atglass2 on
2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
I have owned my 2013 Altima 2.5 SV for just 1 month and already I have had to take the car back to the dealer 3 times for the same issue. The issue being engine Lugging noise and vibration on light throttle acceleration from a stop at around 1500 RPM. The lugging is caused by the extremely low RPMs of engine. I have filed a complaint with Nissan Customer Care (1 800 647 7261 and was aqssigned a Regional Specialist to handle my case. According to the specialist, Nissan is trying a serpentine belt and tensioner swap. Last week, the belt swap did not alleviate my problem. The issue could be corrected with a CVT reprogram offered to those owners that are sensitive to the noise and vibration.
Favorite Features
Interior comfort, Good mpg
Suggested Improvements
Cvt reprogram to substancially alleviate engine lugging noise and vibration and possible damage to drivetrain.
By sandypines1
on 01/19/13 07:40 AM (PST)

I am having the same problem with my SL. Met with the Nissan customer care representive and he told me that it was a normal function with this transmission. The problem first appeared after they reprogrammed the transmission from a service bulletin in mid August. I have since requested that put it back to the original settings and they said, "it would burn up the transmission and void the warranty".So what can a owner do, short of selling the car.

By parthiv
on 02/01/13 09:55 AM (PST)

I bought my Brand new Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 2013 model on Jan 19, 2013 and After a week I had to take it back to Dealer for engine squealing noise. Hardly 200 miles I have driven. They told me that Belt and Pully has to be replaced. They will take care of it. But my question is what the heck..??? Its brand new car and you guys have this problem. Lets see whats there in future after they replace that for me in coming week. We already have Nissan coupe 2.5 S 2011 without any problem but this one is RIDICULOUS.