Car will not accelerate
By franklin18 on
2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
I bought our car the end of Feb 2013. We loved it, after taking it out that weekend the car gave a BSW code and when pushing the gas the car would just stall and not go. I would have to let off the gas and then push the gas again it would go. After 8 days in the shop we were told it was a wire that was not grounded properly. 5 days later, I would push the gas and the car would stall, I called they had my car another 4 days to be told it was a faulty stop lamp switch. Had the car for 4 more days and now it is back in the shop for the exact same problem. Called Nissan North America and still waiting on a return call from 2 days ago! I love the car, wish it would run properly!
Favorite Features
The body style, and interior of the car look great.
Suggested Improvements
The loud whining noise from the steering pump that I am told is just normal! The fact my car has been in the shop 3 time for the same thing and they can't seem to figure out what is wrong with it. It seem Nissan should have done some more testing on this car before sending it out allowing people to pay 30 grand for it and the car not work properly. Huge safty issue when you pull out in traffic and push the gas and you car wont go!
By cs_108
on 06/07/13 06:34 AM (PDT)

At this point you should check your states lemon laws and involve the state attorney general. If you are in New York state check out this link: http://www.ag.ny.gov/consumer-frauds/new-car-lemon-law-fact-sheet Good Luck!