2013 Nissan Altima Consumer Review: Big Big Big Problem - CVT

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Review

Big Big Big Problem - CVT
By ebch on

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Hello future buyer, If you are willing to go Nissan service center at least once a month, you can buy this car. Please go Nissan forum first and check what are problems of this car. [HTML removed.] My case is RPM suddenly down to 800 RPM at 20-30 mph range, it feel like loosening power. Not always. 800 RPM means car stopped at the road with engine running. Extremely nervous situation because car bounced with bang sound from power train. Nissan have to step up to recall for CVT problem.
By dynarider
on 06/11/13 08:50 AM (PDT)

I am having problems with bad vibrations and grinding noises between 1,200 and 1,800 RPM's, Again during deceleration from 45mph to 10mph. Also when my air is on(not my A/C) I noticed my RPM's jump around and my car vibrates and thats at idle, I have also had the car surge on me in a turn and I lost all power and almost was rear ended by another car. I am also experiencing the airbag off light is coming on while even i sit in the seat and I wiegh 180lbs, and this turns the air bag off while we are driving. and then the whining noise coming from my steering pump, and I have found many loose bolts in the dash and bracket that hold my hood and gas door release from the factory. I do not feel safe in this car at all and I do not recomend it to anyone!