Attractive car but......
By victomofnissan on
2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/12 (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
I purchased an Altima 2.5 SL in the begining of August mainly based on its 27/38 mpg adertisement. The car has very comfortable interior, love the seats and overall interior feel. After driving his car for two weeks, I was getting approx. 15-17 MPG. Took it to the dealer who suggested that I drive this car atleast 1000 miles and then car will deliver better mpg. After driving 1,600 miles (70% highway, 30% city) the most I got is 18. I went back to the dealer who told me to contact Nissan North America. I called them a month ago and registered my complaint. They have assigned my case to a regional specialist and I am still waiting to speak to this person.They have the worst customer service
Favorite Features
Seats.
Suggested Improvements
My Altima 2013 (2.5 SL) does not deliver 27/38. This car delivers only 18 mpg. Nissan should not use false advertisement to sell this car. Nissan should also improve their customer service and train their staff how to return clients' phone calls and voice mails.
By cfoti1
on 10/18/12 10:03 AM (PDT)

any updates? we bought a 2013 altima 2.5s 2 weeks ago and also notice we get around 17 mpg (the highest going to 20) even on the highway, my husband spoke with nissan usa and they claim that the advertised 27/38mpg is not based on nyc mileage (what kinda crap is that?) I thought a highway was a highway regardless if your in ohio or driving to long island...anyway it would be interesting to hear what they tell you. BTW we took the car to the dealership, they tested the car and said everything checks out fine, nothing wrong with the car.

By jmg1977
on 10/10/12 15:04 PM (PDT)

There must be something wrong with your car. I bought one in August and consistently have been getting 30mpg in the city and 39-40 hwy. There is no way driving style could account for your low mileage, they did do a software download right after I bought it, maybe that's what you need.

By victomofnissan
on 10/24/12 15:49 PM (PDT)

Unfortunately, my 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5SL continues to deliver low milage. The average goes up to 18-19 (maximim) once I take to a long drive on Henry Hudson highway for couple of hours. But it goes down as soon as I come back into the city. My city driving is also not just in Manhattan, I drive to Long Island, Queens, get on FDR and westside highway and still the mileage do not improve. Since I got this car, I have not seen 20MPG. Nissan NA. told me that I need to bring it to the dealer for check ups before they can do anything. So, let's see how they resolved this issue. I took my car to the dealer for check up 2 weeks ago and now bringing back for the very same reason (low MPG issue) again next week. If this issue is not resolved, I will contact the corporate customer relations again and see what they say. Ahh! this is going to be a battle with Nissan.

By victomofnissan
on 10/11/12 12:02 PM (PDT)

That's what I think. I think I got a lemon. Two days ago I finally spoke with the regional specialist, Nissan NA. and she asked me to bring the car to the dealer and they will run some tests and then we will take it from there....being bounced around...extremely frustrated. Let's see what happens.