Used 2013 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 228 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

This is the car
By Cody heape

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is a very awesome car! The gas mileage is great. It only takes 30 to fill it up and last me about 2 weeks. On the highway it drive very smoothly and steering isn't to touchy. I even love the looks of the car! The interior is super nice and clean. Was kept up to date. I'd give this all 5 stars but one tire was flat and has a slow leak

Nissan should accept their mistake
By Andy

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought my 2013 Altima SV 2.5L in May of 2013 considering all the features and low price. Within 2-3 months of driving started to hear constant high pitch noise and the other roaring noise from the engine. Overall driving experience sucks considering vibration coming out from the CVT and person on the passenger seat also feels it.
Complained about noise, vibration and CVT feel twice during warranty period and tech said everything is NORMAL(as if I was stupid to complain). At 50000 miles went back as the engine noise became more lauder and frequent. Dealer found issue in the alternator and replaced it-cost to me was $700. It should have replaced while It was under warranty. Engine roaring noise has been fixed but driving experience is still same considering CVT vibrations and high pitch power steering noise. Tech at the dealer says the high pitch noise is normal... Every single car makes it and nothing can be done about it. I mean common guys.... its 22k dollars for [non-permissible content removed] noise..!!

For the price of the car I got damm good features like... moonroof, navigation, bluetooth, backup camera, remote start, keyless entry and climate control but the real feel of driving car sucks big time. Real bad job on the CVT and other engine components. Probably they made so many people fool selling all these feature really cheap covering their huge defect on the engine noise and vibration. I have 1997 nissan altima and I prefer driving that car over 2013. I am a huge fan of nissan.... but considering recent experience I won't just blindly trust the brand anymore.... !!

In Love With My New Altima!
By Djohnson21

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I owned a 2005 Nissan Altima for years with 200,000+ miles on it when someone hit me and totaled it. My immediate choice was another Altima, and I have not been disappointed! I purchased a 2013 Altima 2.5 SV off lease with 40k and I'm in love! Rides great, awesome mpgs (which I need because I commute 500+ miles a week,) and ver comfortable! Very spacious and well laid out interior, and the exterior is definetly an eye catcher! Bluetooth, push to start, remote start, and LED lights under the car that light up when you open the door are new luxuries that I'm in love with! The only complaint I really have is the interior gets dirty quick! I'm a smoker so black interior probably shouldn't have been my choice, but overall I'm very happy with this Altima! I will definitely continue to buy Nissans in the future!

Constant Transmission problems from day 1
By Bill N

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I own a 200- Nissan Altima that I had pretty good luck with that my kids drive so when the time came I bought a brand new 2013 Nissan Altima again with the 3.5 liter engine. Almost from the beginning I would get a shudder in the car around 2000 RPM's when the car downshifted. When you press on the gas it goes away. If you come around a corner at 10-15 miles/hour and step on the gas the car downshifts and will shake all the way down the street until you step on the gas.

The dealer replaced the transmission and it was fine for about 2 months. One day I turned a corner and went up a slight incline and it started again. I took it back to the dealer and they reprogrammed it which did nothing. Each time I bring it in they cannot get it to do it and say there is nothing wrong. After a long day of driving it will do it repeatedly and violently.

The car only has 20,000 miles on it at this point and I don't have time to run 45 minutes away to a dealer every time it is shaking. It is very frustrating that Nissan acts like this is not a systemic issue when on line the complaints are consistent and frequent. I have filled out 3 surveys from Nissan asking to be contacted and never heard back.

I like everything else about this car but if the transmission does not work correctly, the car is junk. After 2 Nissans I will never buy another one. Not sure what the issue is with this company, but making quality cars is no longer a priority.

Awesome gas milage
By charleston_burks@yahoo.com

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

When I purchased the car, I had to go through financing in house which the interest rates were through the roof because of credit history. Paying $444.00 per month plus the insurance through Statefarm (full coverage) $156.00. Before the oil change I was getting about 21-24 mpg city and upward to 36-41 mpg on the highway. After the oil change, it is pretty much the same for city but my highway mpg went up to 45mpg and I'm sure can go beyond that.

I do have a problem with the mpg resetting when turning off and on the vehicle. Does anyone else who owns this make and model have these problems? The headlights aren't nearly as bright as I would like them to be and also the traction in the winter on snow and ice could be improved or maybe I just need to get a new set of tires. All and all, it is a great vehicle.