2013 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews 9

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Car will not accelerate
By franklin18 on 04/05/13 09:58 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought our car the end of Feb 2013. We loved it, after taking it out that weekend the car gave a BSW code and when pushing the gas the car would just stall and not go. I would have to let off the gas and then push the gas again it would go. After 8 days in the shop we were told it was a wire that was not grounded properly. 5 days later, I would push the gas and the car would stall, I called they had my car another 4 days to be told it was a faulty stop lamp switch. Had the car for 4 more days and now it is back in the shop for the exact same problem. Called Nissan North America and still waiting on a return call from 2 days ago! I love the car, wish it would run properly!

pearl white paint discoloration
By franklit on 04/04/13 11:17 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased a 2013 pearl white Nissan Altima about a month ago. When driving the car home from the dealership my husband and I stopped by a restaurant to eat and it was just beginning to get dark outside when my husband noticed a some light and dark stripes on the drivers side door, didn't think much about it until the next when it was light outside and could get a better look and also asked our son to look at the car to make sure he could also see the stripping or like tiger stripes and it's definately visible. We also noticed at local dealerships there were also pearl white altima's with the same discoloration on the doors. So if you are deciding to buy a Pearl White Nissan Altima BE WARE

CVT Sucks!
By alan106 on 04/03/13 13:02 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've been driving my 2013 Altima SV for 6 months. I regret having purchased this car. I should have bought a Camry. The CVT transmission is defective by design. While cruising at highway speeds and attepting to maintain a specific speed, the transmission at about 1800-2000 rpm, will begin to vibrate at a low rumble....which is not only audible but felt. At any speed, engine noise is NOT what you expect in a family sedan. Wind noise, with closed windows, is inexusable. The whine from the power steering is only a problem when you start the car. Once running it's inaudible. On the positive side: the car has great acceleration, breaks,exterior design. The car feels solid and has good gas milage

Read the reviews before buying or leasing
By rboas1 on 04/02/13 07:26 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The 2013 Altima is a science project from Nissan that the consumer is leasing or buying unknowingly being stuck with a car that has major flaws, one being the CVT chattering issue that Nissan claims is normal. It is like having a manual transmission and attempting to start off in 3rd gear, doors that rub against the lower side panels during cold weather (dealer repaired after 2 days in the body shop), whining noise coming from power steering, blind side warning lights that come on within the cabin at random during rainy days. These issues are reported on any site that reviews the 2013 Altima, but the Nissan rep claims it is the first time she has heard of them.

Kudos to Edmunds
By new_style on 03/16/13 17:44 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Using the pricing information and buying advice on Edmunds.com I purchased a 2013 Altima SV with the convenience package/wheel locks/lojack/floor mats for the crazy low price of $23,967 out the door (included taxes and all fees). True Value Price was $24,251 before taxes, Dealer fees, and DMV fees. If there was a photo option I would post it because I couldn't believe it either. I did have to walk out on one of the dealerships that said they could match the price but they dinked around for an hour offering me less equipped cars...so I left. Don't hesitate to leave...stick to your guns. If I had given in on that they would have back peddled on everything else.

What To Expect After You Buy
By paul_ss454 on 03/16/13 06:02 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

To those considering this car, I suggest you do a search on 2013 Altima CVT problems. You’ll find a wealth of detail on what buyers are experiencing. For me, the widely reported vibration problem surfaced near 1000 miles. The dealer keeps insisting that it is a normal for a car with a CVT and refuses to repair. That stance is deceptive because the problem didn’t develop until the car had miles. None of the documentation for the car discloses that this is expected to occur. The repeated response Nissan Customer Care is “work with your dealer to resolve”. The car offers some compelling features. It’s unfortunate this flaw combined with poor customer support makes it a very bad purchase

Buyers Remorse
By cltking on 03/15/13 08:19 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car is pretty amazing! I fell in love with it when I first saw it. When it was time to buy, I narrowed my two choices down to the new Accord and this Altima. I ultimately chose the altima.I regret buying a this car. The CVT engine is the main problem. It shakes and shudders when you accelerate off the line. I did my research and from my understanding., CVTs are suppose to be smooth sailing. They are suppose to hold their RPM steady until you apply a diffrent amount of pressure on to the pedal. When I accelerate, the rpm goes up to about 2000 then it drops down to the 1000's and i feel a shock/shutter. Until nissan fixes this car's engine, DONT BUY THIS CAR! The value of the car willdrop

Beautiful car, fun to drive but noisy!
By maureen16 on 03/14/13 08:40 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I replaced a worn out Ford Freestyle with this beautiful little Nissan Altima. I love everything about my car except for: the noise at low rpm's. Honestly, I have never heard anything like the whistle that comes out of the engine during low acceleration. It is not my computerized variable speed transmission, rather the whistle I am hearing is credited to the new electronic style of power steering pump Nissan opted to put in these cars. And you know what I was told? Get used to it.

Beautiful but with one major flaw
By acoustic58 on 03/13/13 04:42 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought the new 2013 Altima SL. Beautiful inside and out but with one major flaw. The noise level inside the cabin on the 4 cylinder during acceleration is beyond what a new car should be. Nissan promotes this car as quiet which is a long way from reality. I had this car back to the dealer a few times and Nissan also sent out a National Rep. and after replacing a couple parts, on a brand new car, I was told that the noise I am hearing is normal. It's amazing that when the engine drone on acceleration is so loud that I have to turn up the radio to not hear it is considered normal. It's really a shame that Nissan overlooked this problem because it's a beautiful car.

Love My Nissan!
By greenpuppy on 03/11/13 19:24 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I was really dead set on a completely different sedan - but the lease cost was astronomical (and the other car's MSRP was actually lower than the Altima), so I started looking elsewhere. Hated almost every other car I test drove (Accord, Sonata, Camry) - but LOVED the Altima! I got the 2.5 SV with no navigation, and it's just amazing. It's so quiet, even at highway speed, I often find myself drifting up to the 70mph range without even noticing because it drives so smoothly. The bluetooth features and ipod connectivity are great (even displays album artwork) and I really like having the two screens (one in instrument panel, one in radio). MPG has been great too!