2013 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Buyers Remorse
By cltking on 03/15/13 08:19 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car is pretty amazing! I fell in love with it when I first saw it. When it was time to buy, I narrowed my two choices down to the new Accord and this Altima. I ultimately chose the altima.I regret buying a this car. The CVT engine is the main problem. It shakes and shudders when you accelerate off the line. I did my research and from my understanding., CVTs are suppose to be smooth sailing. They are suppose to hold their RPM steady until you apply a diffrent amount of pressure on to the pedal. When I accelerate, the rpm goes up to about 2000 then it drops down to the 1000's and i feel a shock/shutter. Until nissan fixes this car's engine, DONT BUY THIS CAR! The value of the car willdrop

Beautiful car, fun to drive but noisy!
By maureen16 on 03/14/13 08:40 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I replaced a worn out Ford Freestyle with this beautiful little Nissan Altima. I love everything about my car except for: the noise at low rpm's. Honestly, I have never heard anything like the whistle that comes out of the engine during low acceleration. It is not my computerized variable speed transmission, rather the whistle I am hearing is credited to the new electronic style of power steering pump Nissan opted to put in these cars. And you know what I was told? Get used to it.

Beautiful but with one major flaw
By acoustic58 on 03/13/13 04:42 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought the new 2013 Altima SL. Beautiful inside and out but with one major flaw. The noise level inside the cabin on the 4 cylinder during acceleration is beyond what a new car should be. Nissan promotes this car as quiet which is a long way from reality. I had this car back to the dealer a few times and Nissan also sent out a National Rep. and after replacing a couple parts, on a brand new car, I was told that the noise I am hearing is normal. It's amazing that when the engine drone on acceleration is so loud that I have to turn up the radio to not hear it is considered normal. It's really a shame that Nissan overlooked this problem because it's a beautiful car.

Love My Nissan!
By greenpuppy on 03/11/13 19:24 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I was really dead set on a completely different sedan - but the lease cost was astronomical (and the other car's MSRP was actually lower than the Altima), so I started looking elsewhere. Hated almost every other car I test drove (Accord, Sonata, Camry) - but LOVED the Altima! I got the 2.5 SV with no navigation, and it's just amazing. It's so quiet, even at highway speed, I often find myself drifting up to the 70mph range without even noticing because it drives so smoothly. The bluetooth features and ipod connectivity are great (even displays album artwork) and I really like having the two screens (one in instrument panel, one in radio). MPG has been great too!

Used to love Nissan, now I'm not so sure
By soulemanrx on 03/07/13 07:41 AM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've been a Nissan guy my whole life, have owned 4 of them. This 2013 2.5 SL Altima was great for about the first 1,000 miles. Since then the issues are starting to pile up and get on my nerves. No fixes, not even any acknowledgement from corporate. 1) CVT rattle between 1,500-1,700 rpm. Fixed with a new tensioner and belt. Went away for 500-700 miles and vibration came back. Gets worse with more mileage put on the vehicle. 2) Whistling from driver's side mirror. 3) E brake light comes randomnly. Dealer can't fix. 4) Heated seats don't really have a high and low. High heats the seat pan, low the seat back. They are both HOT!!!

It's ok but keep looking.....
By tmw1207 on 03/06/13 15:17 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I leased a 2013 Altima after returning a 2010 Camry...the noisy engine is driving me nuts! It doesn't last the entire time but upon acceration it is noisy and shaky like an old car. I didn't notice as much during the test drive but I really hate this car... I hate it. I now wish I bought out my lease with the quiet, reliable Camry. The acceration on the car is good and the value is good- the design is great, it's a nice machine to look at. The lighting is poor. The driver seat is comfortable after you manuever every which way to make it so... Passenger seat cant be adjusted as much and is horrible. If you can handle the noise go for it...it's not SO BAD but it's a deal breaker for me.

Cvt Problems Nissian says cannot correct. BEWARE
By harryo3 on 03/02/13 05:27 AM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Great driving car. Handles well and is quiet inside EXCEPT for transmission noise at low rpms. Do not buy this car until Nissan gets the cvt problem corrected. My 2013 has been in shop 5 times in 5 months. Want to trade in but the cvt noise scares buyers away. Hard to believe Nissan cannot correct the problem or maybe they may think it will be to costly for them. The None return of nissan customers will be felt in future cars made by them.

3.5 SL; Nav, Tech, LEDs, Mud Guards; no spoiler
By sonaz on 02/28/13 15:36 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Great MPG highway. On a recent trip from D.C. to NJ I got 34.2 round trip. Short, slow(city), and hilly driving is another story. That kind brings MPG way down. The car does have a kind of 'groan' while accelerating or maintaining low-medium speed but I don't find it bothersome. Otherwise it's quiet. The CVT is awesome in Ds mode. Very nice acceleration. I have tehe heated seat issue where you get heat either at bottom cushion or the back but not both at same time. Repair attempt failed. Need to go back with it.

2013 ALTIMA - GREAT MIDSIZED CAR
By mrboston1 on 02/25/13 18:40 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have 2k miles on this vehicle and can say the 2013 Altima is what a mid-sized car should be, solid build, great fuel economy, very comfortable seats, solid on-center steering, very stylish, no-problems with quality, very quiet on the hwy. I have had no humming or noises, the car just drives very smoothly.

On the road in my 2013 Altima 3.5 SL
By caliguy1 on 02/24/13 13:55 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I test drove a 2013 Altima 2.5 last fall and did not like the sound of the CVT transmission with the 4 cyl. engine. I drove a 3.5 SL with the V6 and loved it, but I put off getting one. I recently leased a 3.5 from Mossy Nissan in San Diego and the car is fully loaded!! It's great to drive, comfortable, quiet, smooth with plenty of power when it's needed. Although I only have 550 miles on the car at the moment, I can say I'm impressed with it and think I made a great choice. My first choice was a VW Passat, but the design was blan to me, especially the dashboard area, and VW just couldn't meet the lease terms Nissan offered.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Nissan Altima in VA is:

$157 per month*