Used 2013 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Mileage not what is promised!
By cakid1

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought the car 3 months ago...nice car but very disappointed with the mileage. I am getting a solid 27 mpg with about half of my driving being freeway.

Many nice features in technology

Great car!
By sbjacobs

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/12 (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Third Altima after 4 Infinitis and this is as good, or better, than any of the previous. One year old with only 7000 miles and not one problem! The previous 6 were all V6 and this is my first 4 cylinder and I have no problem with less horsepower. Actually got 41 MPH on a recent trip to Phoenix. Quality of build is excellent, ride and handling are super and my dealer is superb. I see no reason for me to ever consider another brand.

Fit & trim, ride, handling, mileage, comfort and great extras. Love the CRT.

Can't think of any.

What a great car!
By fredg6

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have been driving my 2013 2.5 SL Altima for a couple of months now. I have absolutely no regrets. The car is flawless in both build and performance. Don't believe any bad hype about the CVT you may read on the Internet. It's smooth and responsive. I actually prefer it now to a traditional automatic. The 2.5L in-line 4 cyl engine is powerful enough for 90% of drivers including me. On a recent trip I got 40.9 mpg which is more than Nissan claims! Around town I get the advertised 28 mpg. I love the blind spot warning system, too. It's so good I think ALL cars should have it! Why can't GM build a car like this???????? (The Altima is built in Tennessee.)

Blind Spot Warning System Tire pressure warning and filling feature The seats - just wonderful. Nav system works great Bose audio system is great Style and overall design - eye catching Excellent fit and finish all around Great Mileage Love the hybrid electric/traditional power steering

A little more rear head room Independent on/off switch for lane departure warning Power front passenger seat

A very bad choice.
By terryboots

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We purchased a 2013 Altima the month they were released. The good: Great ride, great seats, excellent climate control, fuel economy, generally good controls. The bad: Transmission failed at 13k. For months we were told the jerking and shuddering was normal, then the trans failed completely. Wind noise. Paint easily scratched/marked. Engine is noisy esp under light acceleration. CVT transmission is annoying, acts like the old 2-speed "Powerglide" in Grandma's Impala. It's either revving like crazy or so low the engine lugs. Nissan was good about replacing the transmission (this time), next time who knows? Accord, Impala, Fusion, Camry are all better options.

Great gas mileage. Comfy seats and ride. Logical controls.

Bluetooth is tedious. Transmission failure. Paint issues. Noisy engine. CVT makes acceleration seem slow.

pass it over
By gski1

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/12 (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I couldn't say enough bad things about this car. Bought it brand new. Notice you can select the production date for the reviews...horrible quality before November 2012. After November, I don't think they've fixed anything either, but addressed the crash tests. CVT problems, radio replaced, heated seats didn't work, moonroof rattles (numerous repair/replacement attempts), rear deck and dash rattle, alternator replaced. If it can go wrong, it did. Took about 2K miles to start falling apart on me. Worse than the car was dealing w/nissan consumer affairs. Left me no choice but to contact an attorney who got my $ back in 2 weeks. STAY AWAY from Nissan.

Looks good in and out. On paper, great bang for the buck. Reality is this car was pushed out early and if you check their forums there are more than their fair share of lemons on the road it appears.

GET IT TOGETHER NISSAN. I'll never set foot on your lots again. To boot, my kids call my car "the lemon"...you lost 2 generations of this family with poor quality and custoer service.