Used 2013 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2013 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

MPG not as Advertised
By mpgreview

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The major issue is that we are getting 23 to 25 MPG in the City and no better than 30 to 32 on the Highway. This falls far short of the rated 27/38 that is heavily promoted by Nissan. I did a lot of research on this before buying to make sure there weren’t any issues with stated MPG. I don’t believe anyone is getting over 27 in the city unless they are doing a lot of coasting. Nissan has looked at the vehicle 3 times and as of the last visit said they also got 23 MPG but found no mechanical issues with the vehicle. The dealer recommended that I contact Nissan Consumer Affairs. They said that temperature and using the A/C will reduce MPG. Car should be rated for 25/30 at best.

Favorite Features

Remote Start

Suggested Improvements

Engine noise and modifications to actually get 27 MPG in the city under normal driving conditions like stopping and using the air conditioner.

Do NOT buy a Nissan!!!!
By bighair2

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We bought a 2013 Nissan Altima in September. Since then we have had nothing but problems;. I don't know where to start. The back seat is missing a piece of foam, still not fixed. The car is a danger to drive, it sways from side to side very hard to control if you are going over 35 mph, you find yourself in the other lane in a blink of an eye. The Nissan engineer said there was a problem but no answers. We have taken it in numerous times, they have told us there is nothing they can do. We have worked with Nissan consumer affairs and that was a joke. They are very rude and unhelpful, they offered us $400 for our problems and not fix it. Our next step is an attorney.

Favorite Features

There is NOTHING good to say about my new Nissan. Nissan of North America is the worst company ever to deal with. Don't do business with them. They will not work with you or help you if you run into any problems.

Suggested Improvements

Redesign the Nissan Altima and make it safer.

Awesome car
By dm3

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Usually cars have tradeoffs. Power vs. gas mileage. Ride comfort vs. handling turns. Size vs. price. The Altima somehow seems to defy these tradeoffs in a way I've never experienced before. I don't know if its new improved technology or money. It has an eager powerful engine mated to an excellent transmission thats knows what you want to do. Great mileage (32.5mpg mix). Handles turns great while providing supple ride. All with tons of interior room. One of the best cars I've ever driven.

Favorite Features

Transmission. Handles hills extremely well. Always eager. Well mated to the engine.

Suggested Improvements

Electronics and controls are a typical mess for cars. I wish Apple would design the car interface. So many random buttons everywhere. No USB port for charging, but bluetooth works well.

Mileage not what is promised!
By cakid1

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought the car 3 months ago...nice car but very disappointed with the mileage. I am getting a solid 27 mpg with about half of my driving being freeway.

Favorite Features

Many nice features in technology

Great car!
By sbjacobs

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/12 (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Third Altima after 4 Infinitis and this is as good, or better, than any of the previous. One year old with only 7000 miles and not one problem! The previous 6 were all V6 and this is my first 4 cylinder and I have no problem with less horsepower. Actually got 41 MPH on a recent trip to Phoenix. Quality of build is excellent, ride and handling are super and my dealer is superb. I see no reason for me to ever consider another brand.

Favorite Features

Fit & trim, ride, handling, mileage, comfort and great extras. Love the CRT.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any.