Used 2013 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2013 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Most Helpful|
Glad we Leased
By brownhoback

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We got this vehicle a year ago on a lease. Loved the car. The heater display will not come on sometimes when you first turn it on, after about three miles down the road it turns on. We had to take it in and the dealership did the recall repair on the airbag, since then we have had to take the car in four more times because the no airbag light was coming on when there was someone in the passenger seat. Of course it didn't do either thing when we took it in (record it). A clip fell off the undercarriage. Now recently our keyless/remote system is not working properly. We've had to use the key to get in and then button start it (the screen said no key), turn off and turn on again to drive it.

Favorite Features

We do love to drive the car, it drives great. Isn't too sluggish on the mountain areas with it's 2.5. 31.2 mpg on an average in a rural area. The electric driver seat goes high enough for a short person to see over the hood of the car.

Suggested Improvements

I know Nissan will get their act together on the Altima and figure out the problems, they all seem to be either electrical problems or issues from plastic parts. I had a 83 Nissan Sentra Station Wagon for years and it had almost 300000 miles on it before issues. I do wish Nissan still had a Station Wagon version of the Sentra or Altima because some days we can't fit it all in the trunk.

2013 Altima 3.5SV
By oxman3

2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I cannot understand all the criticism of the CVT tranny. I just purchased it on Jan 1, 2014 & it is as near perfect as you can get. I have driven it in a hard acceleration mode as well as normal driving & I cannot even tell when it shifts, & boy when I get on it, it really goes. No hesitations or quirky little hiccups. The paddle shift is neat, but I don't use it. We live in the mountains & the driving is up, down & all around & we are already getting 27 MPG on it. For a large V6, this is excellent mileage. I fully expect to get over 30 mpg on a trip. I do not know anything about the 2.5, but if you purchase this vehicle, I highly recommend the 3.5. This is a great car.

Favorite Features

Everything.

Suggested Improvements

There is only one item I do not like. The sun visors are just to small & do not cover much of the side windows.

Really Like My Car So Far
By joebobjones

2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought my car July 2013. So far I really like it, but a few issues to note: 1) Gas milage isn't what was advertised, especially since the weather turned cold in Nov. 2) When coasting in traffic at 20 mph, I sometimes get a significant shaking when I step on the accelerator. Sometimes the shaking is strong enough that it's embarrassing. It doesn't happen very often though 3) The "premium" sound system sucks. It sounds like something I would expect from a Toyota Corolla. It's very disappointing, espeically since it's supposed to be an upgraded system.

Favorite Features

Good accelleration, tight steering. The push button start and keyless door entry is great!

Suggested Improvements

1) Eliminate the CVT shaking at low speeds 2) Offer a REAL sound system! 3) Seperate the upgraded sound system from the NAV package. Some of us have a NAV system in our heads and don't need it in the car.

Great Vehicle but need some Updates
By pprince

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've a 2013 Nissan SV which is a great vehicle and i love it. I wasn't a fan of Nissan vehicle but the new design gave me a push in buying it and also giving it a surprise gift to my lovely mom. The vehicle is fun to drive, with its great interior features and liability. Everything is top of class for its own level compared to other vehicle such as Honda, Toyota. Despite that, i think a few things needs to be made such as the Brake Light System & Air Bag System. The Air Bag System is finally fixed & i'm glad the dealership saw that i wasn't creating stuff up. Next fixing should be the Brake Light System because I've changed my Nissan 3 times. Other than that, vehicle is Awesome.

Favorite Features

My favorite features in the vehicle is the easy accessibility to some functions in the car such as voice command, and dashboard configuration.

Suggested Improvements

Despite that, i think a few things needs to be made such as the brake system update. On some of the 2013 Nissan vehicles, there is a brake light which turns "ON" when you driving. Sometimes, it turns off when you park & turn off engine. I have had this issues with 3 Brand New 2013 Nissan vehicles which i got from the dealership. The 1st vehicle had that issue & i took in, they didn't see anything, i changed vehicle & it happen on the 2nd vehicle & i changed again. The new one (3rd vehicle) is still having the same issue. I have told the Dealership but they can't figure out what's wrong. It will be great if something is done to it because its scary driving & seeing brake light "ON".

Best Car I ever owned for the money
By akinchen

2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I expect Fuel to stay around the 3 to 3.25 range so I bought the 3.5 SV , i prefer cloth interior . I have about 10,000 miles . I converted to 0-20 viscosity Mobile one oil . I get about 34.5 average highway , the computer stays about 27.7 average around Houston . I love the acceleration and quietness of the CVT . The 3.5 has no noise when gunning the engine . Materials are excellent , love the engine and power . Best car I ever owned , got it on sale for about 25,000, beats everything in its class . Low interest rate

Favorite Features

Love the speed and acceleration of the 3.5 . Great fuel economy on trips about 34.5 MPG with Mobile one 0-20 oil . I average about 70 mph on highway . brakes are fantastic , it easily passes cars as if it were a race car . It is much better than the 2010 Nissan Altima I owned , they truly improved it .

Suggested Improvements

I don't like the Tail lights , I wish they would have put LED bulbs , the design looks good , just not bright enough . I was going to upgrade them myself but could not get the tail light off the car , so i must bring it into the dealer to change and upgrade the bulb to a LED . I also down graded the wheels to 17 inch by simply having the dealer swap them out , I hate big wheels and did not want to pay a high price for tires , so 17 inch tires ride smoother and cheaper to replace .