Used 2013 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews - 230 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Nissans nightmare
By Chris

2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

So I leased my altma right when they came out. I have had the car for almost 3 yeas and let's say I'm glad I leased. So most don't know is Nissan has had a horrible design flaw with their new CVT. The Altimas and pathfinders have this problem but yet Nissan doesn't know how to fix it. The car will shutter like the motor is just going to jump out and run away. This has happened to my car 5 times already and nissans only answer is to throw transmissions in it. This car has had 4 brand new transmissions that were supposed to fix the problem. I have also had to have the trunk repainted twice because they don't know how to put the chrome trim on and it runs through the paint and causes the trunk to rust. I've talked to Nissan corporate several times and their best answer for the car is that they would make a note that I was unhappy with the car. By the way this car just hit 31,000 miles

NEVER BUY A NEW ALTIMA.
By Debra Yeoman

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

So disappointed. Saved to buy this car for my 16 year old daughters birthday. She's now in tears because 6 months later it's a piece of crap that won't run. The CVT transmission shutters and shakes and it dies at low speeds or when put into park. Of course it just went off warranty. I've talked to others that's replaced them 2-3 times. Please Nissan , come on and admit your car is defective. How many people have to did first??????

Real Clunker
By JasonE

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Nothing but constant repairs with no support from Nissan. I bought this car three years ago and my entire dashboard just went out. I took it into the dealership and they told me I was three months out of warranty and stuck me with a $1000 repair bill. Nissan won't claim responsibility for the defect even though having your speedometer go out in the middle of driving is clearly a safety issue.

Beautiful on the outside, ugly under the hood
By Brian Johnson

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

DO NOT BUY A NISSAN PRODUCT UNTIL THEY ADMIT AND FIX THEIR TRANSMISSION ISSUES!!!! I bought a 2013 Altima new at my local dealership (very nice and helpful people) in Sept. of '13. It had a 60k mile warranty. Based on my brief experience, 3 of my coworkers bought Altimas shortly thereafter. The car began to "shudder" upon slight acceleration at 25k miles. I was told that this was normal and there was nothing wrong. At 55k miles the car began to shake and shut off when I would come to a stop. I went online and read that many others had experienced the same thing and it was the CVT transmission going out. I took it in and they said the transmission had to be replaced. Thank goodness it was still in warranty. I expressed a concern about the transmission and asked if there was a problem. I was told "absolutely not" and the new transmission would be fine. It had a 12 month, 12k mile warranty. Within 2 months, 2 of my coworkers had their transmission go out!!! After 11 months, I had put 30k miles on the car (I drive a lot for work). THE TRANSMISSION WENT OUT AGAIN!!!! I was told "it is out of warranty and it will be $3800". I told them that it wasn't right and Nissan has a BIG problem that they refuse to admit. They called their Nissan rep and after haggling, he agreed to cover everything except about $900. I told them that I expected ALL of the cost to be covered. They are getting back with Nissan and are supposed to call me back today. I can't believe there is not a class-action lawsuit on this. I have seen THOUSANDS of complaints online. Also, I have visited with several others who have had transmission go out on THEIR NISSANS - Pathfinders, Sentras, and trucks. DON'T BUY A NISSAN UNTIL THEY ADMIT AND FIX THIS PROBLEM!!!!

awful
By julie glazer

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

worst car I have ever owned. Garbage! Extremely loud cabin and cvt. Handles poorly in the rain and is very uncomfortable to get in and out of especially for older people. Overall, garbage. The moonroof leaked the first time I drove thru the car wash and their solution was to hand wash. Never but Nissan, total garbage!