2013 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews 6

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
First and Last Nissan!!
By stonejrw on 08/12/13 11:45 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Ive had this car in to the dealers 5 times now for low end rumble/shake, popping noises coming from the front wheels, tire pressure indicator not working correctly, seatbelt light coming on when passenger is in the seat, radio problems, engine light on several times and back up camera not working. I have just over 11,000 miles and this car feels like it has over 100,000. Stuff rattles and shakes. Popping noises coming from the front end again and now brakes sounds like they need replacing. This is the worst car Ive ever owned.

2013 Altima LEMON!
By ally07 on 08/07/13 13:12 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I regret ever buying the 2013 Nissan Altima. At about 1,200 miles I started experiencing a jerking sensation when the CVT transmission went from 1st to 2nd gear at about 15-30 mph. It took months for Nissan to issue a service bulletin to fix the jerking, and then the fix required taking out the transmission to replace the torque converter. As if that wasn't bad enough, my local Nissan service center here in Lynchburg, VA DROPPED my transmission in the floor and broke it and the axle and had to order new parts. There's no telling what else they damaged in the process since the 2 times I have talked to them they have been waiting on different parts. I will NEVER purchase another Nissan!

Very unhappy and frustrated
By nothappynissan on 08/07/13 12:57 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my new 2013 Altima about 3 months ago and it's been in the service dept 3 times. My car vibrates terribly. They first said it just needed a computer upgrade or something and that should fix it. It didnt. I took it back and they determined it needed a new Torque Converter and that would stop the vibration. It didnt. I took it back a 3rd time and they said my back right rim was oval and replaced it with a round one and that wouldfix it. It didnt. Each time they hooked it up to their computer, contacted "Tech line" and stayed in touch with Nissans regional office for further instructions. It's still not fixed. Now nissan is telling me it's normal and that's it!? I'm not sure what to do

JUNK! Traded in after 9 months
By raey12 on 08/07/13 06:00 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

In the past I heard nothing but good things about Nissan, so with the new Altima body style and the available 3.5 liter option I decided to give it a try. This car was junk since the day I drove it off the lot. There was an issue with bolts in the front wheel area being installed backwards. The brakes always had problems where they would stick. A really loud rattle in the roof near the sunroof which Nissan claimed they never heard. A broken air vent. The blinker would stick. The passenger airbag would deactivate while driving with a 160 pound passenger in the seat. The manufacturer would do nothing about any of it. Go buy a Lexus or Toyota they are more reliable.

LOVE THIS CAR!!
By trek2 on 08/04/13 21:18 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have owned my Altima for 5 months now and it is by far the best I have ever owned. The mpg I'm getting is better than advertised. When I stay at 60 mph or under I get near 42 mpg on the highway I thought I would be disappointed in its performance considering its a 4 cylinder, but I have been pleasantly surprised. The 4 cylinder is a bit noisy, but easily tolerable.

Another Altima lemon! <12,000 miles
By altima13sv on 08/04/13 12:43 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Long story short, have taken to dealership 5 times for a rattle in the sunroof. Wasn't surprised when it started rattling this weekend again. Looks like ill be going in a 6th time. Also had brake light come on, rattle in passenger side wheel, and navigation area rattles over small/medium bumps. Dealership also damaged center console, wrinkled headliner, and a pillar. To their credit, they replaced it all. Would be a nice car if it wasn't built so cheaply. I'm afraid it's going to rattle apart after the 12k mile warranty period. What a $24k mistake and an assault on my time!

Lemon
By jsara on 08/01/13 11:58 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

First off this is my first AND last Nissan. I've had my 2013 Altima in for three sets of brakes, the Aux has never worked, the speakers rattle at a volume of 12 and the CVT transmission is a piece of junk and now needs replacing as there was metal found in the fluid by the dealer, nice. I paid $24k for this thing and have not been happy with it at all. The 38 mpg is complete b.s. I drive literally all highway miles and this thing hasn't even come close. An utter failure for Nissan.

What a Lemon!
By ammaiol on 07/23/13 12:45 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Come on Nissan- whatcha gonna do for all of us? This cars SUCKS! And with so many of us having the same problems you'd think they do something fast. How many does it take for a class action suit? I have brought the car back 5 times already. So far they've supposedly replaced the entire transmission, replaced the torque converter, reset the computer and car still bucks, chugs, surges forward at exactly 25 mph. and vibrates when you come to a stop. And I've been told the same bs as everyone else, almost word for word. Do they actual have a pitch they say to all of us? I have filed complaints with everyone- PLEASE file your complaints. We need to speak out.

Piece of junk
By rebert on 07/05/13 11:55 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Took for a short test drive and bought it. Big mistake. Should've taken it for a much longer drive. This car is JUNK! Slight wind and the car is all over the road. Pulls to left or right constantly. Engine skips under slight load. CVT is awful. Two wheels were out of round. Terrible ride and very noisey slight bumps and car soulds like it's going to fall apart. Driver seat is comfortable, but upholstery is cheap and wrinkles easily. Can't take it much longer so will trade soon.

The Best
By rva_altima on 07/04/13 19:53 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I love my car. Regarding e negative reviews.... The manual clearly states that the passenger air bag light does not stay on for the ride. Test drive the car you will actually purchase, then you would not have the issue of getting one that makes noises at 60 mph. The wind is noisy when the window is cracked or down. Maybe some window visors would help. But the windows have to be up to really use the bluetooth phone. The bluetooth is great, but asks too many questions and you need to know their phone numbers if you have multiple numbers, it does not show work vs cell vs home. Any hair product will leave ugly reside on the headrests. Warning : leather wipes only!