2013 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
LOVE THIS CAR!!
By trek2 on 08/04/13 21:18 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have owned my Altima for 5 months now and it is by far the best I have ever owned. The mpg I'm getting is better than advertised. When I stay at 60 mph or under I get near 42 mpg on the highway I thought I would be disappointed in its performance considering its a 4 cylinder, but I have been pleasantly surprised. The 4 cylinder is a bit noisy, but easily tolerable.

Another Altima lemon! <12,000 miles
By altima13sv on 08/04/13 12:43 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Long story short, have taken to dealership 5 times for a rattle in the sunroof. Wasn't surprised when it started rattling this weekend again. Looks like ill be going in a 6th time. Also had brake light come on, rattle in passenger side wheel, and navigation area rattles over small/medium bumps. Dealership also damaged center console, wrinkled headliner, and a pillar. To their credit, they replaced it all. Would be a nice car if it wasn't built so cheaply. I'm afraid it's going to rattle apart after the 12k mile warranty period. What a $24k mistake and an assault on my time!

Lemon
By jsara on 08/01/13 11:58 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

First off this is my first AND last Nissan. I've had my 2013 Altima in for three sets of brakes, the Aux has never worked, the speakers rattle at a volume of 12 and the CVT transmission is a piece of junk and now needs replacing as there was metal found in the fluid by the dealer, nice. I paid $24k for this thing and have not been happy with it at all. The 38 mpg is complete b.s. I drive literally all highway miles and this thing hasn't even come close. An utter failure for Nissan.

What a Lemon!
By ammaiol on 07/23/13 12:45 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Come on Nissan- whatcha gonna do for all of us? This cars SUCKS! And with so many of us having the same problems you'd think they do something fast. How many does it take for a class action suit? I have brought the car back 5 times already. So far they've supposedly replaced the entire transmission, replaced the torque converter, reset the computer and car still bucks, chugs, surges forward at exactly 25 mph. and vibrates when you come to a stop. And I've been told the same bs as everyone else, almost word for word. Do they actual have a pitch they say to all of us? I have filed complaints with everyone- PLEASE file your complaints. We need to speak out.

Piece of junk
By rebert on 07/05/13 11:55 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Took for a short test drive and bought it. Big mistake. Should've taken it for a much longer drive. This car is JUNK! Slight wind and the car is all over the road. Pulls to left or right constantly. Engine skips under slight load. CVT is awful. Two wheels were out of round. Terrible ride and very noisey slight bumps and car soulds like it's going to fall apart. Driver seat is comfortable, but upholstery is cheap and wrinkles easily. Can't take it much longer so will trade soon.

The Best
By rva_altima on 07/04/13 19:53 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I love my car. Regarding e negative reviews.... The manual clearly states that the passenger air bag light does not stay on for the ride. Test drive the car you will actually purchase, then you would not have the issue of getting one that makes noises at 60 mph. The wind is noisy when the window is cracked or down. Maybe some window visors would help. But the windows have to be up to really use the bluetooth phone. The bluetooth is great, but asks too many questions and you need to know their phone numbers if you have multiple numbers, it does not show work vs cell vs home. Any hair product will leave ugly reside on the headrests. Warning : leather wipes only!

Got rid of it after 3months
By billmoze on 07/01/13 09:40 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

As previously mentioned, CVT Drivetrain sucks!! This was my first Nissan Product and most certainly my last. I took my lumps and traded it on a very nice Hyundai Sonata ( while they had their rebate offers ). That helped with the loss I took on it. I previously had a Hyundai Azera, a great Car ( for 6 years ). I just found out this morning that Nissan issued a recall on the 3.5 Engine CVT, but not the 2.5. Technical Bulletin issued just last week. I would very strongly suggest this Vehicle with a poorly designed & engineered drivetrain be avoided !!!

Overrated
By trun on 06/05/13 11:27 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Car looks great from the outside but as soon as you step foot on the inside, it is a piece of crap. I had a 2009 Altima and regret every day that I ever traded it in for a 2013. The back up camera is absolutely atrocious! You can't even see out of it. There is a rattling in the roof that will not stop. The navigation is horrible. My 2009 navigation/camera system was WAY better than this horrible 2013. When I brought it to Nissan with these complaints they said that I needed to check my surroundings anyways and basically admitted this camera was pointless. I am VERY disappointed with this purchase. I will not buy a Nissan again because of the swindling I felt like I had received.

Very impressed
By iwidisky1 on 06/02/13 05:01 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have been a Lincoln Town Car owner for over 30 years. When Lincoln discontinued the Town Car I was very dissapointed, and did not like the newer Lincolns. I leased an Altima 2013 S for my Wife, and was very impressed by the ride and the gps, and the ride. She gave up a Lincoln sl 2005. I decided to get one for myself, and traded a Lincoln Town car 2007. Best move I ever made. The Altima 2013 SV that I now own is amazing I took a trip from Florida to Mass. and back and used a little less than five tanks of gas. The ride was as good as the Lincoln and half the cost. Great car have no complaints. Want a good car buy this one.

Big Big Big Problem - CVT
By ebch on 05/31/13 20:30 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Hello future buyer, If you are willing to go Nissan service center at least once a month, you can buy this car. Please go Nissan forum first and check what are problems of this car. [HTML removed.] My case is RPM suddenly down to 800 RPM at 20-30 mph range, it feel like loosening power. Not always. 800 RPM means car stopped at the road with engine running. Extremely nervous situation because car bounced with bang sound from power train. Nissan have to step up to recall for CVT problem.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Nissan Altima Sedan in VA is:

$157 per month*