Used 2013 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Love it But, Not Dependable
By txgreg61

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought a 2.5 SV in October 2012 and issues began within a few days of purchase. The car is comfortable and responsive for a 4 cylinder. The first 2 issues were a vibration when the engine was under a load and the other was some electrical issues. The driver side door lock would actuate repeatedly without my doing anything and the window would go half way down or up then return any time I pressed the button. The passenger side air bag warning light stayed on much of the time. After 18 months and 27,000 miles, the electrical issues persisted, the alternator went out and so did the transmission. I replaced it with a 2013 3.5 SL and within a week the transmission started acting up.

My 2013 Nissan Altima is not a year old yet and already have problems!!! Do not purchase this vehicle
By nubiancici

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have tried my best to try to get Nissan to help me with a vibration problem that is occuring in my so called new car. I purchased this car June 1, 2013 and it was brand new. 6 Months later I am having issues. The had to change the left front strut which was causing my car to make a thumbing noise when I was driving slow. My car was perfectly fine till I got it back and then I noticed the vibration in my car that you can feel through the steering wheel. Nissan dealership in Lewisville Texas made me seem as if I was crazy. I strongly advice you to stay away from Nissan Altima until they figure out what is causing their vehicles to vibrate making the ride very uncomfortable.

The interior of the car is my favorite feature but it means nothing if I dont want to drive it cause I cannot stand this constant annoying vibration that with time will get worse. After researching this on the internet I found that many people complain to nissan about this and they will not do anything to fix this issue. They need to just recall them and build a better Nissan Altima.

Make the car comfortable to ride in. Recall it and fix it. Fix the constant vibration that seems to be caused by the brackets that hold the engine not properly built right. This is a world wide problem and I will do everything in my power to make sure I help people from not buying this product and wasting their money in a vehicle that will constantly vibrate and annoy you. Imagine a tingling sensation running through your body starting from the hands to your feet. I am so dissappointed for not researching this vehicle before purchase. Please do not commit to high payment for a Nissan Altima 2013.

Getting rid of after 2 months of suffering.
By bradhenson

2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Trading today. Best day of my life... By far the worst car I've ever owned. Keep your sanity and avoid this car at all cost! I am dead serious. I gave the ratings what slack I could since I've reviewed before and can't delete previous ones. If powers that be can delete the others, feel free...

Absolutely nothing.

Start over with a clean slate. Turn existing ones into boat anchors. Transmission is junk. Plagued with faulty sensors, brakes, you name it. Dash rattles like half of the fasteners are missing. Strange noises abound. So much potential, but not ready for prime time... Give assemblers the Monday after Superbowl Sunday off, because mine surely must have been assembled on that day.

Good!
By steve_bz

2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have a 2013, 3.5S. I got it because it was on end of year special and I expect excellent things from Nissan. Normally, I go for smaller and sportier. This one is very sporty, lots of get up and go. The sound of the engine is actually throaty, with a growl, surprising. Not loud, but it sounds good. It handles pretty well but the stock tires are just ok in winter conditions, found out just today. The seats are comfy and with this version the stereo/high tech is minimal but still what I need. The configurable display is actually pretty techy but I guess I'm saying the S version stereo is minimal. Dunno if it is ok to say, but for 21K this was a steal of a deal. Had to buy at Xmas though.

Comforatble seats, plenty of power. At 2K I'm getting 21city/29hwy. We'll see if it improves. The drivers seat is crazy comfy and the other seats have a lot of room. This has the feel of a really big car, but it is mid size. Nissan squeezed the engine compartment, made the interior and trunk roomy. Stomp on this and it gets up and goes! Bluetooth is flawless though I wish it didn't cash the last MP3 played on the screen. I couldn't beat this at the Nissan close out price. Below inventory price...below the used Edmunds price for this model by 1K.

CVT does not have what I've seen in previous reviews but it 'stumbles' after a slow down, say go from 45 to 30 quickly roll for a bit and accelerate and you get an odd shudder from the trans I think, sometimes. Wheels are alloy but kinda cheesy. The bulbous exterior indicator lights are my least favorite feature. The sleek profile indicator lights of previous years are much cooler. I think there is Renault influence in the body design, the front end swoop. Not sure why they did this other than all the Japanese sedans are trying to incorporate this body look feature. "everybody's doing it"

2nd review after more miles. Still Junk and getting worse...
By bradhenson

2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The 2013 will probably go down in history books of how NOT to build and market a car. The transmission still isn't working right (2 dealer trips as of today, and still won't admit to hearing a clattering noise coming from transmission billed as being unusually smooth), but lets make some impressive titanium paddle shifters that don't turn with the wheel (stupid). That will take their minds off all of the clattering and squeeling under the hood. I honestly hope someone steals this car for (crappy) parts. It's pretty on the inside and outside, but it has the character of worn out old truck. Pathetic. Really

It's pretty when it's parked. Perfect car for someone with a DWI. They can look and imagine how great it will be when they get to drive again, then it will drive them to drink once they have to drive it... Makes me curse every time I get behind the wheel. Really. Ask my wife... My favorite... Every day that passes is one less day I'll have to own it. As soon as I can devise a strategy, this sucker will be gone, and it will be a joyous day. Hallelujah, Hallelujah!!!

I only have 700 characters, but maybe Seppuku for everyone involved with bringing this car to former loyal customers turned mortal enemies. IT IS THAT BAD. Don't buy unless you like cursing. I call it a "piece of sh..." every time I drive it. I may have to increase my blood pressure meds or get rid of it. I really do hate this car and all involved with it. They know of all of the problems and keep on telling the poor suckers (me) how great they are. Don't believe it. Ask an expert... A real expert. Someone who has had to suffer through this heap on a daily basis.