2013 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
600 miles so far, no complaints.
By arthurcc on 08/22/13 15:41 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I recently purchased this vehicle and I have had no problems with it thus far. I bought it new with only the initial 16 miles on it. So far, I have put 600+ miles since getting it and have no complaints so far with it. I was surprised by how well the vehicle accelerated considering it is a v4. The only thing I don't like about the car is that it will sometimes not display the song playing on the information display; I cannot figure out how to program the caller ID for when someone is calling me while I am driving. Other than those two quibbles there isn't else that would tell me to deter you from purchasing this vehicle.

Comfortable & good to look at, but that's it.
By gski1 on 08/20/13 20:37 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Nissan pushed this car out too quick IMO. Replaced my totaled 2012 without hesitation as it was perfect (final year before the 13 redesign). Less than a year old and 15 different warranty repairs, 30+ visits to the stealership. Moonroof rattles constantly, removed and reassembled, then completely replaced along with windshield and headliner. Still rattles, filed lemon law, pending buy back. Beware, wait for 2014 and still wait for reviews on that model to come out.

Great comuter car
By jasonpaul on 08/17/13 06:58 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This car seems to be a great car for traveling, I drive 120 miles a day for work and am averaging 35.4 mpg. Im a big guy 6'0" 370 lbs and the seat are comfortable, I drove the camry and the accord and the legacy and all of them seat seemed to short in the leg area and aint comfortable. The navigation works flawlessly I would recommend this car to anyone, I love the long range it has im averaging 600 miles between fillups

First and Last Nissan!!
By stonejrw on 08/12/13 11:45 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Ive had this car in to the dealers 5 times now for low end rumble/shake, popping noises coming from the front wheels, tire pressure indicator not working correctly, seatbelt light coming on when passenger is in the seat, radio problems, engine light on several times and back up camera not working. I have just over 11,000 miles and this car feels like it has over 100,000. Stuff rattles and shakes. Popping noises coming from the front end again and now brakes sounds like they need replacing. This is the worst car Ive ever owned.

2013 Altima LEMON!
By ally07 on 08/07/13 13:12 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I regret ever buying the 2013 Nissan Altima. At about 1,200 miles I started experiencing a jerking sensation when the CVT transmission went from 1st to 2nd gear at about 15-30 mph. It took months for Nissan to issue a service bulletin to fix the jerking, and then the fix required taking out the transmission to replace the torque converter. As if that wasn't bad enough, my local Nissan service center here in Lynchburg, VA DROPPED my transmission in the floor and broke it and the axle and had to order new parts. There's no telling what else they damaged in the process since the 2 times I have talked to them they have been waiting on different parts. I will NEVER purchase another Nissan!

Very unhappy and frustrated
By nothappynissan on 08/07/13 12:57 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my new 2013 Altima about 3 months ago and it's been in the service dept 3 times. My car vibrates terribly. They first said it just needed a computer upgrade or something and that should fix it. It didnt. I took it back and they determined it needed a new Torque Converter and that would stop the vibration. It didnt. I took it back a 3rd time and they said my back right rim was oval and replaced it with a round one and that wouldfix it. It didnt. Each time they hooked it up to their computer, contacted "Tech line" and stayed in touch with Nissans regional office for further instructions. It's still not fixed. Now nissan is telling me it's normal and that's it!? I'm not sure what to do

JUNK! Traded in after 9 months
By raey12 on 08/07/13 06:00 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

In the past I heard nothing but good things about Nissan, so with the new Altima body style and the available 3.5 liter option I decided to give it a try. This car was junk since the day I drove it off the lot. There was an issue with bolts in the front wheel area being installed backwards. The brakes always had problems where they would stick. A really loud rattle in the roof near the sunroof which Nissan claimed they never heard. A broken air vent. The blinker would stick. The passenger airbag would deactivate while driving with a 160 pound passenger in the seat. The manufacturer would do nothing about any of it. Go buy a Lexus or Toyota they are more reliable.

LOVE THIS CAR!!
By trek2 on 08/04/13 21:18 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have owned my Altima for 5 months now and it is by far the best I have ever owned. The mpg I'm getting is better than advertised. When I stay at 60 mph or under I get near 42 mpg on the highway I thought I would be disappointed in its performance considering its a 4 cylinder, but I have been pleasantly surprised. The 4 cylinder is a bit noisy, but easily tolerable.

Another Altima lemon! <12,000 miles
By altima13sv on 08/04/13 12:43 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Long story short, have taken to dealership 5 times for a rattle in the sunroof. Wasn't surprised when it started rattling this weekend again. Looks like ill be going in a 6th time. Also had brake light come on, rattle in passenger side wheel, and navigation area rattles over small/medium bumps. Dealership also damaged center console, wrinkled headliner, and a pillar. To their credit, they replaced it all. Would be a nice car if it wasn't built so cheaply. I'm afraid it's going to rattle apart after the 12k mile warranty period. What a $24k mistake and an assault on my time!

Lemon
By jsara on 08/01/13 11:58 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

First off this is my first AND last Nissan. I've had my 2013 Altima in for three sets of brakes, the Aux has never worked, the speakers rattle at a volume of 12 and the CVT transmission is a piece of junk and now needs replacing as there was metal found in the fluid by the dealer, nice. I paid $24k for this thing and have not been happy with it at all. The 38 mpg is complete b.s. I drive literally all highway miles and this thing hasn't even come close. An utter failure for Nissan.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Nissan Altima Sedan in VA is:

$154 per month*