Used 2013 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Awesome gas milage
By charleston_burks@yahoo.com

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

When I purchased the car, I had to go through financing in house which the interest rates were through the roof because of credit history. Paying $444.00 per month plus the insurance through Statefarm (full coverage) $156.00. Before the oil change I was getting about 21-24 mpg city and upward to 36-41 mpg on the highway. After the oil change, it is pretty much the same for city but my highway mpg went up to 45mpg and I'm sure can go beyond that. I do have a problem with the mpg resetting when turning off and on the vehicle. Does anyone else who owns this make and model have these problems? The headlights aren't nearly as bright as I would like them to be and also the traction in the winter on snow and ice could be improved or maybe I just need to get a new set of tires. All and all, it is a great vehicle.

Rattle at times
By Fjl

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/12 (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Road test car for noise over bumps I have a high pich rattle sound over bumps at times might be struts ,take car for long ride before buying over different roads and compare against another car of the same type.

Updated Review
By Altima yuck

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/12 (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Don't buy an Altima! 70k and over $6k worth of repairs, this has been the worst car I have owned. Batteries exploding, cv joints going out at 47k miles, seats have already faded. The air conditioning smells and the dealer says it's a "known issue". The key fobs don't open the keyless entry anymore. Piece of garbage!!!

4th Nissan n never again
By Mo

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

3 years 50000 miles, has had a new transmission, fuel system put in already. Gets 20 mpg and doesn't always start. Biggest mistake ever. So much for the great new Altima that gets 3mpg. I should have kept my 05 altima with 120,000 miles it was better than this pos

Transmission sucks
By Dawn

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought mine with 22k miles beautiful car drove for 8 days and the transmission went out. Dealer gave me a hard time. Also the air conditioner quit they said there was a leaf in it so it was not covered under warranty. I've only had the car 8 days. Nissan dealer told me I have to take it back to the Nissan dealer I purchased it from to get it covered and refused to fix it unless I paid. So here I sit in a car rental while I have a car in the shop that I haven't even made a car payment on yet unbelievable!

• SUV