2013 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews 5

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Had it right with 2012
By swallerstein on 10/01/13 08:59 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We leased a 2012 for a couple of years. Ran flawlessly, pretty comfortable, fun to drive. Lease ran out so we leased a 2013. 2013 engine is powerful with great gas mileage; weird high pitch whining, rattling though. I find the driver's seat to be one of the most uncomfortable I've ever sat in. Very difficult to find a comfortable position that doesn't cause back pressure. Passengers in back don't find those too comfy either. Gearshift console is very instrusive which further compromises comfort. The dashboard is extremely reflective. Even in low light, you are always looking through a reflection of the dash. In strong sunlight, it's a safey hazard. Designed by monkeys!

Review after owning car for one year
By kitchen1 on 09/27/13 06:02 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I withheld judgment even after the numerous issues I've had but now it needs a new transmission at 12,000 mi. I've owned a '04 Altima and a '11 Murano. In a word, this '13 Altima is junk. Within the 1st mo of ownership I had a blinking navigation screen (replaced), leather trim on the center console backseat unfinished (replaced), heated seats wired wrong (new wiring harnesses both sides). Within 2 mos I developed the infamous "lugging" transmission (new torque converter and belts= no difference) Within 5 mos the driver/passenger windows = excessive wind noise (both outside mirrors replaced). Now clicking noise in transmission requiring new transmission. I'm just a my 1 yr ownership.

2013 Altima 3.5 SV
By fridaypm2002 on 09/19/13 15:56 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I test drove a 3 series BMW, 4 series Audi, and the Sonata. Decided on the Altima 3.5SV. Came with all the bells and whistles, but at reasonable price when compared with BMW and Audi. The fit and trim is excellent. The car feels more expensive than it costs. The Sonata, although also very nice looking did not handle as well as the Altima 3.5 SV. Chose cloth over leather for comfort. Gets hot where I live. Test drove the 2.5 Altima. No comparison to the 3.5 for pep and go. The Altima 3.5 is very compariable to the pep of BMW and Audi. Highly recommend the Altima 3.5.

did anyone get the viration fixed ???? Production change??
By carpersonvu on 09/19/13 07:05 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/12 (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have a 2013 altima SL and it has the vibration/noise at 1200-1500 RPM. Was anyone successful in getting it fixed and it stays fixed????? Does anyone know what the production change was in dec 2012

Best car I've ever owned so far anyway.
By coppersmith on 09/14/13 14:35 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

2013 Altima SV- Smooth ride, averaging 30 mpg overall, steering better than many other sedans, no problem with wandering, maintains a straight line well, engine is smooth with no shuddering, much less noisy engine than earlier Altimas, comfortable seats, controls are easy to operate, excellence all around.

Steering's tough
By my3cents on 08/27/13 13:16 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

If you're prone to carpel tunnel or if you have any arthritis in your hands, you'll probably want to find a different car. I didn't know I was in either of these categories, but I'm finding that driving this car can be real work.

Very disappointed
By jtolleson on 08/26/13 12:13 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've had my Altima seven months now, and have had way too many trips to the dealership for a new car. That is why I buy new -- to avoid dealing with problems! There are a lot of things I love about the car. But there's also a lot I hate about the car, especially the whine from the power steering pump (I complained so much that Nissan replaced the steering pump, but the new pump makes the exact same noises). That constant noise at low speeds drives me crazy. I've also had it in several times because of rattles from the moon roof and bolts needing to be tightened, and the passenger airbag sensor not working.

600 miles so far, no complaints.
By arthurcc on 08/22/13 15:41 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I recently purchased this vehicle and I have had no problems with it thus far. I bought it new with only the initial 16 miles on it. So far, I have put 600+ miles since getting it and have no complaints so far with it. I was surprised by how well the vehicle accelerated considering it is a v4. The only thing I don't like about the car is that it will sometimes not display the song playing on the information display; I cannot figure out how to program the caller ID for when someone is calling me while I am driving. Other than those two quibbles there isn't else that would tell me to deter you from purchasing this vehicle.

Comfortable & good to look at, but that's it.
By gski1 on 08/20/13 20:37 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Nissan pushed this car out too quick IMO. Replaced my totaled 2012 without hesitation as it was perfect (final year before the 13 redesign). Less than a year old and 15 different warranty repairs, 30+ visits to the stealership. Moonroof rattles constantly, removed and reassembled, then completely replaced along with windshield and headliner. Still rattles, filed lemon law, pending buy back. Beware, wait for 2014 and still wait for reviews on that model to come out.

Great comuter car
By jasonpaul on 08/17/13 06:58 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This car seems to be a great car for traveling, I drive 120 miles a day for work and am averaging 35.4 mpg. Im a big guy 6'0" 370 lbs and the seat are comfortable, I drove the camry and the accord and the legacy and all of them seat seemed to short in the leg area and aint comfortable. The navigation works flawlessly I would recommend this car to anyone, I love the long range it has im averaging 600 miles between fillups