2013 Nissan Altima Consumer Review: 2013 Nissan Altima is a winner

2013 Nissan Altima - Consumer Review

2013 Nissan Altima is a winner
By mrtbone13 on

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/12 (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

To start, I traded in a fully loaded Infiniti G35xS. I absolutely loved the car, but due to the rising gas prices and the cost of owning the car, I made a decision to trade it in. There were really 2 main reasons for doing so. 1- I wanted a car that got better then 19MPG, and 2- something that wasn't as expensive to own. The Infiniti needed Premium gas and the oil changes and general car maintenance was a climbing expense throughout owning the car. I ultimately chose the 2.5SL as the features in the car are hands down better then the other trims Nissan offers. So far I'm getting 32MPG+ depending on the type of driving. Best 4 door sedan out there when getting the SL trim.

Favorite Features

I must say, the nicest features in the 2.5SL trim has to be a combination of the incredibly comfortable leather seats that literally put you at ease, and the 4inch LCD screen in-between the MPH gauge and the RPM gauge. The LCD screen is in several trims, but the screen itself is fantastic. It beautifully displays various things depending on features that come with what trim you chose. As for the seating, coming from the Infiniti, I actually prefer the Altima leather seats more. They are that good! Another great feature has to be the premium bose sound system on the SL trim, it is outstanding. MPG's are incredible. I love the exterior look and design this year!

Suggested Improvements

As of right now, I don't really have much to say in terms to what can be improved on the SL trim. I was quite disappointed with the SV trim. The cloth seats felt quite cheap and disgusting to look at. Overall the SV trim which looked great on paper, really was a complete letdown to me. The sound system wasn't very good, and the ride in general just didn't feel all that great to me. In terms of a suggestion or improvement, I would say that they can probably improve the SV trim quite a bit. For being the 2nd to highest trim, it offered no leather seats, and hardly any good features. If you can afford the SL, you are getting way more for your money.
By jjhood
on 08/19/12 18:11 PM (PDT)

I also own the SL model. The one annoying thing is that if you don't opt for Navigation, the standard five inch screen for the radio has a high gloss finish so it it full of glares. It makes the back up camera useless because you cant see the screen in daylight