2013 AltimaS
By art3 on
2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
I have owned the Altima for 6 weeks and it is the smoothest running vehicle I have owned in 40 years of driving. I have driven 1200 miles so far with it and I applaud the economy and it is spot on as far as mpg advertised. If I had a few more bucks to spend I would have gotten the leather as the cloth i8nterior is ok, but not exceptional. I had rented a 2011 and 2012 Altima before and was impressed with their perfomance. The 2013 is a step above them. I bought it from a highly rated dealership(Priority) and do not expect problems, but my previous experience with them says they will get to the bottom of any problem should one develop. I believe for the money the Altima was the best choice.
Favorite Features
The zero gravity seats are outstanding, the mpg is outstanding. The engine performs well and the CVT trans is smooth. The dual exhaust is a nice sexy touch and really complements the car. The exterior is a knockout. The instrumentation is excellent and the controls on the steering wheel are super user friendly. The color on mine is a Cayenne Red Metallic and it is gorgeous, especially if you like red.
Suggested Improvements
I would upgrade the interior cloth. I would also get heated seats if they had been an option on the "S" series. A heavy duty package , engine and trans cooling and heavy duty radiator would be a nice option to purchase on this car, if offered. Overall what came on the "S" package was great. Nissan has a winner in the 2013 Altima.