2013 Altima - Not Quite Ready!
By rtinaglia on
2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
Among the many continuing problems -heated seats that don't heat unformally;power sterring wine, no fix after 6 months; very hard ride -they suggested I change tires! GPS is ridiculous, Center vents can never be closed- continually run air unless you turn off system. Sensor for cabin temp is on the top of the dashboard - when ever it's sunny, even in winter it blows cold a/c air to cool no matter if the cabin is 40 degrees. rearview camera washes out in sunlight. Blind spot system is usless in wet weather - it either sees nothing or falses all of time. Nothing can be adjusted! Interior drivers area is tight - & I'm only 5-7". No passenger power seat in a 32K car! The CVT trans slips.
Favorite Features
Gas milage is the only redeeming item for this car. I regually get around 25 mpg in combo driving.
Suggested Improvements
Replace Bosch electronics their 2 complicated and the GPS is very slow and the maps are 2 years old in a brand new car. Eliminate the shift paddles and narrow preformance tires. This will improve the ride and increase the drivers ability to clearly see the control stalks. Add power seats for passsenger, and seat menory switch. Reduce the height of the center console and it create the feeling of more room in the front seats. Add driving lights. Get ride of the CVT transmission until ALL of the bugs are out of it. My feeling is this model was rushed to market, and now many owners are paying for it.
By patirene
on 05/04/13 19:48 PM (PDT)

I've had my 2013 Altima back to the dealership several times for a couple of problems. One being that the vents blow cold air when the temperature is at any setting up to 88 degrees, then at 89 degrees, it turns to a heat blast. I haven't been able to understand why this is an intermittent problem. The sensor on the dashboard may explain that mystery.

By bradhenson
on 02/05/14 19:45 PM (PST)

My beautiful Pearl White Altima has been in the stable for around six weeks. To say that I loved it would be a lie. To say that I hated it wouldn't be much of a stretch. It's been to the shop twice (for the same 2 issues) and the last time had added a couple more. The noisy transmission (which the tech that rode with me said "that isn't right") was determined to be normal by a Nissan Technical Specialist) Deaf needs to be in that flowery description. They said they couldn't hear the rattle in the dash, but we heard it clearly before we left the lot. They did fix the brake light coming on arbitrarily, but I could live with that if you didn't have to turn the radio wide open to keep from hearing the cacophony of transmission noise emanating from under the voluptuous aluminum hood... If i won the lottery, I'd drive this rattling heap of rubber, steel, cheap plastic, and aluminum to Nissan HQ and burn it in effigy in their parking lot... I loathe Nissan for selling such horrible garbage that they refuse to stand behind. I loved Nissans before this. I'd buy a used Yugo (if you're too young to remember, look one up) before I'd ever buy any Nissan car. The consumer affairs folks lie and thieve as much as their crooked salespeople. NEVER AGAIN. I HOPE NISSAN READS THIS almost as much as I hope potential buyers do. It will save them a lot of headaches.