2013 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
2013 Altima 3.5SV
By oxman3 on 01/07/14 17:58 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I cannot understand all the criticism of the CVT tranny. I just purchased it on Jan 1, 2014 & it is as near perfect as you can get. I have driven it in a hard acceleration mode as well as normal driving & I cannot even tell when it shifts, & boy when I get on it, it really goes. No hesitations or quirky little hiccups. The paddle shift is neat, but I don't use it. We live in the mountains & the driving is up, down & all around & we are already getting 27 MPG on it. For a large V6, this is excellent mileage. I fully expect to get over 30 mpg on a trip. I do not know anything about the 2.5, but if you purchase this vehicle, I highly recommend the 3.5. This is a great car.

Engine Noise
By segundo1 on 12/11/13 09:45 AM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

When I purchased my 2013 Altima in October 2013 it had 149 miles. During my short test drive I did not notice any engine noise. However, as I continued to drive the vehicle I noticed a high pitched whine coming from the engine. This noise is continuing to increase in volume. I rented a 2013 Altima 2.5 in November from Alamo that had 20000 miles and this same noise problem with a much higher volume. I took my car back to the dealer and they wrote on the service request that they could not duplicate the noise. I am going to take it back again and see what their response is.

Excellent Purchase
By kcee2 on 12/01/13 21:06 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Love my purchase! Aesthetically pleasing interior for the price, exceeding expectations. The instrument panel is easy to read and the layout is relaxed and comfortable. Because of the remote starter, I'm okay without heated/cooled seats. The 7 in monitor/navigation screen is pretty awesome and so is the zero-gravity seating. It's all really cool, including the performance. In fact, my sedan actially drives better (to me) than the 2012 and 2013 coupe version, which I drove exclusively the last two years.

Still Happy With My Altima
By caliguy1 on 11/29/13 17:13 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've had my Altima since the first of February, 2013. It's now 8 months and 11,500 miles later and the car is great! My Altima is fully loaded except for the "remote start". I test drove the new Honda Accord, VW Passat, Kia Optima and Toyata Camry. For me the Altima had the most quiet and smooth ride with a bit of sports car feel...thanks to the 3.5 V6. I felt at ease in the seats and overall driving position. The V6 has plenty of get up and go, but if you're wanting fuel economy stick with the 4 cyl. For me, the CVT was to noisey with the 4 cyl. engine.

great car for it's class
By cars129 on 11/22/13 17:17 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The nissan altima is a great car for it's class. It gets great fuel economey, yet gets decent performance. My car has the tech package. It has Blind spot warning, lane departure warning, and moving object detection.The intierier fit and finish is impressive. The navigation system works well. The optional Bose sound system sounds fine, but not exeptional. It is however better then the standard speakers. The zero gravity seats are quite comfortable. Overall the Altima is a good choice for it's segment.

MPG not as Advertised
By mpgreview on 11/20/13 11:00 AM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The major issue is that we are getting 23 to 25 MPG in the City and no better than 30 to 32 on the Highway. This falls far short of the rated 27/38 that is heavily promoted by Nissan. I did a lot of research on this before buying to make sure there weren’t any issues with stated MPG. I don’t believe anyone is getting over 27 in the city unless they are doing a lot of coasting. Nissan has looked at the vehicle 3 times and as of the last visit said they also got 23 MPG but found no mechanical issues with the vehicle. The dealer recommended that I contact Nissan Consumer Affairs. They said that temperature and using the A/C will reduce MPG. Car should be rated for 25/30 at best.

Do NOT buy a Nissan!!!!
By bighair2 on 11/09/13 09:58 AM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We bought a 2013 Nissan Altima in September. Since then we have had nothing but problems;. I don't know where to start. The back seat is missing a piece of foam, still not fixed. The car is a danger to drive, it sways from side to side very hard to control if you are going over 35 mph, you find yourself in the other lane in a blink of an eye. The Nissan engineer said there was a problem but no answers. We have taken it in numerous times, they have told us there is nothing they can do. We have worked with Nissan consumer affairs and that was a joke. They are very rude and unhelpful, they offered us $400 for our problems and not fix it. Our next step is an attorney.

Awesome car
By dm3 on 11/05/13 22:37 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Usually cars have tradeoffs. Power vs. gas mileage. Ride comfort vs. handling turns. Size vs. price. The Altima somehow seems to defy these tradeoffs in a way I've never experienced before. I don't know if its new improved technology or money. It has an eager powerful engine mated to an excellent transmission thats knows what you want to do. Great mileage (32.5mpg mix). Handles turns great while providing supple ride. All with tons of interior room. One of the best cars I've ever driven.

Mileage not what is promised!
By cakid1 on 10/29/13 15:25 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought the car 3 months ago...nice car but very disappointed with the mileage. I am getting a solid 27 mpg with about half of my driving being freeway.

Great car!
By sbjacobs on 10/15/13 09:39 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/12 (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Third Altima after 4 Infinitis and this is as good, or better, than any of the previous. One year old with only 7000 miles and not one problem! The previous 6 were all V6 and this is my first 4 cylinder and I have no problem with less horsepower. Actually got 41 MPH on a recent trip to Phoenix. Quality of build is excellent, ride and handling are super and my dealer is superb. I see no reason for me to ever consider another brand.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Nissan Altima in NJ is:

$254 per month*