2013 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
altima is crap
By nissan_is_crap on 03/12/14 05:26 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

3-month new, two cracks at different location. No paint damage nor dent, body just got cracks from nowhere! cheap cheap plastic!

Love it But, Not Dependable
By txgreg61 on 03/10/14 12:15 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought a 2.5 SV in October 2012 and issues began within a few days of purchase. The car is comfortable and responsive for a 4 cylinder. The first 2 issues were a vibration when the engine was under a load and the other was some electrical issues. The driver side door lock would actuate repeatedly without my doing anything and the window would go half way down or up then return any time I pressed the button. The passenger side air bag warning light stayed on much of the time. After 18 months and 27,000 miles, the electrical issues persisted, the alternator went out and so did the transmission. I replaced it with a 2013 3.5 SL and within a week the transmission started acting up.

My 2013 Nissan Altima is not a year old yet and already have problems!!! Do not purchase this vehicle
By nubiancici on 02/26/14 12:52 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have tried my best to try to get Nissan to help me with a vibration problem that is occuring in my so called new car. I purchased this car June 1, 2013 and it was brand new. 6 Months later I am having issues. The had to change the left front strut which was causing my car to make a thumbing noise when I was driving slow. My car was perfectly fine till I got it back and then I noticed the vibration in my car that you can feel through the steering wheel. Nissan dealership in Lewisville Texas made me seem as if I was crazy. I strongly advice you to stay away from Nissan Altima until they figure out what is causing their vehicles to vibrate making the ride very uncomfortable.

Getting rid of after 2 months of suffering.
By bradhenson on 02/22/14 08:50 AM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Trading today. Best day of my life... By far the worst car I've ever owned. Keep your sanity and avoid this car at all cost! I am dead serious. I gave the ratings what slack I could since I've reviewed before and can't delete previous ones. If powers that be can delete the others, feel free...

Good!
By steve_bz on 02/15/14 23:28 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have a 2013, 3.5S. I got it because it was on end of year special and I expect excellent things from Nissan. Normally, I go for smaller and sportier. This one is very sporty, lots of get up and go. The sound of the engine is actually throaty, with a growl, surprising. Not loud, but it sounds good. It handles pretty well but the stock tires are just ok in winter conditions, found out just today. The seats are comfy and with this version the stereo/high tech is minimal but still what I need. The configurable display is actually pretty techy but I guess I'm saying the S version stereo is minimal. Dunno if it is ok to say, but for 21K this was a steal of a deal. Had to buy at Xmas though.

2nd review after more miles. Still Junk and getting worse...
By bradhenson on 02/05/14 20:10 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The 2013 will probably go down in history books of how NOT to build and market a car. The transmission still isn't working right (2 dealer trips as of today, and still won't admit to hearing a clattering noise coming from transmission billed as being unusually smooth), but lets make some impressive titanium paddle shifters that don't turn with the wheel (stupid). That will take their minds off all of the clattering and squeeling under the hood. I honestly hope someone steals this car for (crappy) parts. It's pretty on the inside and outside, but it has the character of worn out old truck. Pathetic. Really

Worst new car I've ever purchased.
By bradhenson on 01/24/14 12:46 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I really wanted to love this car, but the quality is sub par to put it mildly. We replaced a 2012 Nissan Juke that we loved (rear-ended and totaled). I kick myself every day for not buying another one. The transmission is noisy, the power steering pump is noisy, and the interior rattles more than an American car with 200k miles on it. Nissan says that the transmission is supposed to sound like the old "baseball card in the bicycle spokes", but I'm not buying it. The Juke transmission was perfect, but this one is perfectly horrible. I get mad every time I have to drive it. I'm done with Nissan. My next car was going to be a 370Z, but I'd buy a Korean car first...

Best Car I ever owned for the money
By akinchen on 01/20/14 18:09 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I expect Fuel to stay around the 3 to 3.25 range so I bought the 3.5 SV , i prefer cloth interior . I have about 10,000 miles . I converted to 0-20 viscosity Mobile one oil . I get about 34.5 average highway , the computer stays about 27.7 average around Houston . I love the acceleration and quietness of the CVT . The 3.5 has no noise when gunning the engine . Materials are excellent , love the engine and power . Best car I ever owned , got it on sale for about 25,000, beats everything in its class . Low interest rate

Really Like My Car So Far
By joebobjones on 01/09/14 11:56 AM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought my car July 2013. So far I really like it, but a few issues to note: 1) Gas milage isn't what was advertised, especially since the weather turned cold in Nov. 2) When coasting in traffic at 20 mph, I sometimes get a significant shaking when I step on the accelerator. Sometimes the shaking is strong enough that it's embarrassing. It doesn't happen very often though 3) The "premium" sound system sucks. It sounds like something I would expect from a Toyota Corolla. It's very disappointing, espeically since it's supposed to be an upgraded system.

2013 Altima 3.5SV
By oxman3 on 01/07/14 17:58 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I cannot understand all the criticism of the CVT tranny. I just purchased it on Jan 1, 2014 & it is as near perfect as you can get. I have driven it in a hard acceleration mode as well as normal driving & I cannot even tell when it shifts, & boy when I get on it, it really goes. No hesitations or quirky little hiccups. The paddle shift is neat, but I don't use it. We live in the mountains & the driving is up, down & all around & we are already getting 27 MPG on it. For a large V6, this is excellent mileage. I fully expect to get over 30 mpg on a trip. I do not know anything about the 2.5, but if you purchase this vehicle, I highly recommend the 3.5. This is a great car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Nissan Altima in VA is:

$154 per month*