2013 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews 2

2013 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
2013 Altima SV - Nothing but problems - not recommended
By altima13sv on 06/18/14 13:28 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Car seemed like a good value with a good mix of features vs. price when purchased. However, ran into many problems in the first 7,500 miles. There was noise coming from the passanger tires. Constant rattling from the center cosole where the CS player is located. It was made of very cheap plastic and would get louder in hot weather. The sunroof would rattle. Had it replaced once but turned out to be the frame of the car above the driver's head that shook loose from car body. Probably a bit dangerous when I think back. I found the seats to be extremely uncomfortable and had back and leg pain. Replaced with Honda Accord and there is a huge quality difference! no problems after 10K miles

Great Vehicle but need some Updates
By pprince on 05/22/14 07:12 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've a 2013 Nissan SV which is a great vehicle and i love it. I wasn't a fan of Nissan vehicle but the new design gave me a push in buying it and also giving it a surprise gift to my lovely mom. The vehicle is fun to drive, with its great interior features and liability. Everything is top of class for its own level compared to other vehicle such as Honda, Toyota. Despite that, i think a few things needs to be made such as the Brake Light System & Air Bag System. The Air Bag System is finally fixed & i'm glad the dealership saw that i wasn't creating stuff up. Next fixing should be the Brake Light System because I've changed my Nissan 3 times. Other than that, vehicle is Awesome.

It's All Good !
By btabor on 05/05/14 04:47 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I had purchased my 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 S sedan in December of 2013, no problems noted, what a great car it's been so far ! Sleek/ sporty in appearance, the 2.5 4 cylinder engine has plenty of get-up and go, and the gas mileage is excellent too. I'm not experiencing unwanted engine/ transmission noise as some report, and the CVT transmission shifts flawlessly. Road manners is outstanding also, the vehicle remains near perfectly even/ well balanced in hard turns at above average speed, and can navigate a road w/ many twists/ bends in it in a sports car like manner while not having to let up from the gas. All in all, it's far more than just your average family sedan, great job Nissan !

Fantastic car
By motosys on 04/29/14 15:42 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We purchased the last 2013 on the lot and got a great deal. The ride is very comfortable I took it on a 250 mile road trip and wasn't sore at all. The fuel economy was fantastic especially for a V6 I got 35 mpg for the trip. The only issues is the fabric that the seats are made of are nice and plush with a white dog who sheds we have to vacuum it out at least once a week to keep it looking good inside. The voice commands are awful. In my 2013 Hyundai the voice commands are better and work. However the interface on the Nav works great so I don't feel the need to tell the car to do things. for the bulk of what I do the buttons on the console and on the steering wheel are great

29K Miles .. so far so good!
By mbp2011 on 04/29/14 06:59 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

So far we love this car. We bought it in August of 2013. At about 9K miles the odometer quit working. It just froze up one day (still had display, the mileage and trip just wouldn't change). Took it to dealer and they replaced no questions asked. The same day, I had them to replace the backseat because there was about a 3 in. place where one of the seams hadn't been sewn up. I have been pleased with the customer service on warranty so far. My husband drives it back and forth to work each day (87 miles, one way) and averages 35 mpg. He's a big guy and has plenty of space and headroom. Love it!

Vibration
By sum2 on 04/21/14 13:47 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Whole car vibrates/shakes at 1900RPM. I have replaced alternator & belt in regard to this issue but nothing has happened. Car still vibrates. Nissan technician told me it is normal because of CVT. well you didnot tell me that when I was purchasing the car. This is a major issue and NIssan is not even considering it as a problem. They do not have a solution fir it yet. I strongly advise all the potential customers to stay away from this car until they resolve the issue.

I knew better than to buy the first year of a redesign
By 2013neveragain on 04/16/14 19:16 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I know better than to buy the first model year of a complete redesign... Immediately after purchase I had the windshield trim replaced because it would not hold secure and was flapping at highway speeds. Then with about 2K miles on it the car left me stranded at Wal-Mart. Nissan roadside took two hours to get a tow truck to me. Turns out it was a known ignition system recall that the dealer failed to update before I purchased the car. The radio has been replaced already for having issues such as dropping the blue tooth link with any connected phone, flashing on and off and so on. It took 3 weeks to get a replacement radio in. Dash trim on the side of the radio has been replaced...........

A great car!!!
By bwc64 on 04/06/14 19:31 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After 7 months and 9700 miles, I still love it, it's great car and I'm very happy with it. Fantastic gas mileage 30 to 32 mpg combined city and hwy 38 to 39 in all hwy. This is my fourth Altima and the best one yet. Love the new style, quality and it is alot more refined over previous models it's very quite and I love the upscale trim and smooth ride. The handling is great and I love it for long drives. I gets lots of compliments on the car and it style. It's very Infiniti like in the styling and I'm not complaining about that. I had read about the issues the early models had so I waited and made sure I bought one produced later in the year, Mine was made in July '13 and I'm glad I did!!!

altima is crap
By nissan_is_crap on 03/12/14 05:26 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

3-month new, two cracks at different location. No paint damage nor dent, body just got cracks from nowhere! cheap cheap plastic!

Love it But, Not Dependable
By txgreg61 on 03/10/14 12:15 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought a 2.5 SV in October 2012 and issues began within a few days of purchase. The car is comfortable and responsive for a 4 cylinder. The first 2 issues were a vibration when the engine was under a load and the other was some electrical issues. The driver side door lock would actuate repeatedly without my doing anything and the window would go half way down or up then return any time I pressed the button. The passenger side air bag warning light stayed on much of the time. After 18 months and 27,000 miles, the electrical issues persisted, the alternator went out and so did the transmission. I replaced it with a 2013 3.5 SL and within a week the transmission started acting up.