Used 2013 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews - 227 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2013 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Really Like My Car So Far
By joebobjones

2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought my car July 2013.
So far I really like it, but a few issues to note:

1) Gas milage isn't what was advertised, especially since the weather turned cold in Nov.

2) When coasting in traffic at 20 mph, I sometimes get a significant shaking when I step on the accelerator.
Sometimes the shaking is strong enough that it's embarrassing.
It doesn't happen very often though

3) The "premium" sound system sucks.
It sounds like something I would expect from a Toyota Corolla.
It's very disappointing, espeically since it's supposed to be an upgraded system.

Good accelleration, tight steering. The push button start and keyless door entry is great!

1) Eliminate the CVT shaking at low speeds 2) Offer a REAL sound system! 3) Seperate the upgraded sound system from the NAV package. Some of us have a NAV system in our heads and don't need it in the car.

2013 Altima 3.5SV
By oxman3

2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I cannot understand all the criticism of the CVT tranny. I just purchased it on Jan 1, 2014 & it is as near perfect as you can get. I have driven it in a hard acceleration mode as well as normal driving & I cannot even tell when it shifts, & boy when I get on it, it really goes. No hesitations or quirky little hiccups. The paddle shift is neat, but I don't use it. We live in the mountains & the driving is up, down & all around & we are already getting 27 MPG on it. For a large V6, this is excellent mileage. I fully expect to get over 30 mpg on a trip. I do not know anything about the 2.5, but if you purchase this vehicle, I highly recommend the 3.5. This is a great car.

Everything.

There is only one item I do not like. The sun visors are just to small & do not cover much of the side windows.

Engine Noise
By segundo1

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

When I purchased my 2013 Altima in October 2013 it had 149 miles. During my short test drive I did not notice any engine noise. However, as I continued to drive the vehicle I noticed a high pitched whine coming from the engine. This noise is continuing to increase in volume. I rented a 2013 Altima 2.5 in November from Alamo that had 20000 miles and this same noise problem with a much higher volume. I took my car back to the dealer and they wrote on the service request that they could not duplicate the noise. I am going to take it back again and see what their response is.

Excellent Purchase
By kcee2

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Love my purchase! Aesthetically pleasing interior for the price, exceeding expectations. The instrument panel is easy to read and the layout is relaxed and comfortable. Because of the remote starter, I'm okay without heated/cooled seats. The 7 in monitor/navigation screen is pretty awesome and so is the zero-gravity seating. It's all really cool, including the performance. In fact, my sedan actially drives better (to me) than the 2012 and 2013 coupe version, which I drove exclusively the last two years.

Sunroof, remote starter, zero-gravity seating, performance, various interfaces, etc. I love this car based on the price.

Driver powerseating

Still Happy With My Altima
By caliguy1

2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've had my Altima since the first of February, 2013. It's now 8 months and 11,500 miles later and the car is great! My Altima is fully loaded except for the "remote start". I test drove the new Honda Accord, VW Passat, Kia Optima and Toyata Camry. For me the Altima had the most quiet and smooth ride with a bit of sports car feel...thanks to the 3.5 V6. I felt at ease in the seats and overall driving position. The V6 has plenty of get up and go, but if you're wanting fuel economy stick with the 4 cyl. For me, the CVT was to noisey with the 4 cyl. engine.

I like the leather seats, the Bose stereo and the overall layout of the dash board. Everything is within easy reach and easy on the eyes. I like that the navigation screen is built into the dash and not a pop-up screen (which look like after market purchases to me). It's comfy and roomy and gets me to where I need to go in great comfort.

I've noticed more noise from the CVT at start up and the shocks/struts transmit too much noise for being a new car. On the road and stereo playing, I don't notice the sounds from the suspension. Also, the low profile tires needed to be rotated at 10k miles, which means they aren't going to last much longer. I'm told the rear wing is standard on the SL, and it's something I'd prefer not to have. I don't think it adds anything to the car.