2013 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Excellent Car
By altiman33 on 09/12/12 11:19 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

With the exception of the boring interior design, this car is excellent, and even the interior is what you would expect from a mid-range sedan. The features that come standard on the SV model blew me away. I'm very pleased with leather-wrapped steering wheel, display screen and back-up camera! Looks great, drives smooth, comfortable to drive and good fuel-economy!

Stay off the Highway
By 13altimaowne1 on 09/10/12 15:21 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We recently leased a 2013 Nissan Altima, 2.5SV and it is, for the most part, an outstanding car with many improvements from the 2009 that we had previously. The ride is great, the features are impressive, the engine has great pickup and the gasoline mileage of 28 City and 38 Highway seems to be accurate. The car would be a dream except for one flaw. At highway speeds (60+) the car gets “squirrely.” It wanders off of the straight course and requires constant correction of the steering wheel to keep it on a straight path. If you do all of your driving under 60 MPH, this is a great car – buy it. But, if not, make sure that you test drive one at highway speeds and determine if you can liv

to small for the big guy
By pappyd314 on 09/08/12 07:24 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/12 (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Deceptive mileage rating. While traveling back home from Florida - 1,100 mile trip - I set the cruise at 70 and the MPG rating showed 40+MPG. When I pumped gas and used my calculator, I actually got about 35MPG. My Ford Taurus does this also but the actual mileage is usually only about 1 mile less than that shown on the car readout. The Altima, while getting good mileage, is not as great as everyone thinks. Don't be fooled by the car readout, check the mileage yourself. Make sure to fully top off the tank as this may make a big difference.

Wonderful so far
By mtpete on 09/06/12 10:54 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Replaced a 2012 Maxima, which had seats that caused physical pain like I've never experienced. Thankfully the new seats in the Altima are terrific. The car seems solid and well thought out, overall. Excellent ride quality, acceleration, and handling - although it feels a bit soft compared to the Maxima. Fit and finish are excellent for the price point. Engine is very powerful, and the CVT is flat out amazing. Fuel economy is exceptional. Bose stereo is good. Backup camera is a great feature. Best air conditioning I've ever experienced - you could store meat in the car on 100 degree days. The leather is soft (surprising at this price point!) and the zebra wood grain trim is nice.

Worst car I've ever purchased!
By mnebags1 on 09/02/12 13:20 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Researched and found Consumer Reports rates Nissan well above Toyota Camry and as I've had two Camrys with absolutely NO problems I put my faith in Consumer Reports. Took a 2013 Altima for a short, 5 mile road test on a busy road and it seemed fine. Received keys, headed home on highway and discovered a severe vibration and the car wandering all over the road. Six visits to dealer, one wheel was replaced. At highway speed it's scary to drive, must keep two hands on steering wheel to keep car in lane, keeps wandering all over road. Took car to tire dealer who found three tire rims "out of round". Have filed under "lemon law" and hopefully will go back to Toyota.

Great Car
By husker14 on 08/31/12 13:42 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/12 (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased the 2013 Altima 2.5.SL a week ago. So far the car exceeded all my expectations. Traded in a 2007 Camry Hybrid and very pleased with over all MPG (33.8), only 1 MPG less than the hybrid. Altima also drives much better than the Camry with a very solid feel and tighter steering response. I highly recommend this vehicle to anyone in the market for a midsize sedan. My only complaint is there is no compartment to store loose change.

LOVE my Tech loaded 3.5
By magal118 on 08/27/12 18:46 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Traded my much loved loaded 2008 Maxima 3.5 for a fully loaded 2013 Altima 3.5. I am not disappointed. The first day we got it we took it on an out of state trip 32.2 mpg at 70 mph. The seats are very comfortable, the drive is great, do not have to buy premium gas any longer. The 3.5 has tons of power. We put 800 miles on it the first weekend and loved every mile of it! Can not wait for more trips in the Altima. The only problem I am having is getting texts to the car, but the Bill Rapp Nissan dealership is working very hard with me to solve this problem. (and this is not that important to me, I don't text and drive anyway.)

One of the best cars I've driven
By pvnguyen94 on 08/26/12 01:07 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I am very happy that I bought this 2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL. I am also very satisfied with the Campbell-Nelson Nissan customer service, they do everything possible to make their customers happy. My salesperson Roy answered all my questions I had about the car and he explained everything that I needed to know before I left the dealership with the car. I will come back if I ever plan to buy another car.

Very disappointed
By jml20 on 08/25/12 08:44 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My wife and I have owned and driven a 2009 Rogue, 2009 Altima, and a 2012 Rogue with no issues or problems with CVT or road noise until I traded my 2009 for the 2013 Altima. When accelerating slowly from a dead stop, a deep rumbling, vibration noise starts at about 20 mph, briefly stops as you reach 40 mph, then starts again. After 40, the rumbling continues and then the road/tire noise kicks in, which is much louder with this model. I have had the vehicle checked by my Nissan dealer several times, but the problem has not been resolved.

Best Gas Mileage Ever
By tmrealestate on 08/19/12 20:25 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Ok, part of why I bought this car was wanting gas mileage as I have a Dodge 3500 Mega Cab with a diesel (not good mileage). I've driven this car almost all freeway so far and I drive 78mph set the cruise control and Im getting 42 MPG. Its shocking, this is the first car I've ever owned that gets better mileage than the sticker. Love the mileage, also love the bluetooth radio, you can play pandora radio off my iphone for free (better than satelite). And I got mine new for under $20k.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Nissan Altima in VA is:

$154 per month*