Used 2013 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews - 232 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

I knew better than to buy the first year of a redesign
By 2013neveragain

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I know better than to buy the first model year of a complete redesign... Immediately after purchase I had the windshield trim replaced because it would not hold secure and was flapping at highway speeds. Then with about 2K miles on it the car left me stranded at Wal-Mart. Nissan roadside took two hours to get a tow truck to me. Turns out it was a known ignition system recall that the dealer failed to update before I purchased the car. The radio has been replaced already for having issues such as dropping the blue tooth link with any connected phone, flashing on and off and so on. It took 3 weeks to get a replacement radio in. Dash trim on the side of the radio has been replaced...........

The alternator has been replaced and was causing a lot of vibration under the hood at low speeds. The spare tire was 30 lbs under pressure and that was addressed under a recall. The transmission has been reprogrammed under a recall. The interior has squeaks, the power steering pump whines and is VERY irritating. The dealer said it is a known issue with no fix. There is wind noise. I need to take it in for the pwr window now. Oh and the 38 hwy MPG listed is based on 97 octane gas. Read the fine print on the EPA web site for that car. Even the sales person did not know that. Overall very disappointing with Nissan quality and representation for this car. Never again.

Own up to the issues. Fix the issues! Protect the brand, fix the steering pump issue and do a recall on the alternator. Be clear with customers on the basis for the MPG rating.

A great car!!!
By bwc64

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After 7 months and 9700 miles, I still love it, it's great car and I'm very happy with it. Fantastic gas mileage 30 to 32 mpg combined city and hwy 38 to 39 in all hwy. This is my fourth Altima and the best one yet. Love the new style, quality and it is alot more refined over previous models it's very quite and I love the upscale trim and smooth ride. The handling is great and I love it for long drives. I gets lots of compliments on the car and it style. It's very Infiniti like in the styling and I'm not complaining about that. I had read about the issues the early models had so I waited and made sure I bought one produced later in the year, Mine was made in July '13 and I'm glad I did!!!

Favorite features: Remote start, XM radio, auto-dimming review mirror, back-up camera, turn-signal indicators in the mirrors Dual zone air is great when I'm hot and my passenger is cool...Love the mood lighting it makes it easy to find things and the sunroof...Love all features very well equiped for the price when compared to Camry and Accord, I always look at those two when I'm in the market but always end up with an Altima...not sure why I even bother LOL

The only improvement I can think of would be to make the 8 way power seat standard on all models not just the SL's...the 6 way power seat includes the seat back recliner, the seat really only moves 4 ways...front and back and up and down...it doesn't tilt back or tilt up like the 8-way power seat does. My 3 previous Altima'a all had the 8 way power adjustment and they weren't SL's... the extra range of movement makes for a more comfortable driving position and I definitely miss it...

altima is crap
By nissan_is_crap

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

3-month new, two cracks at different location. No paint damage nor dent, body just got cracks from nowhere! cheap cheap plastic!

Love it But, Not Dependable
By txgreg61

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought a 2.5 SV in October 2012 and issues began within a few days of purchase.
The car is comfortable and responsive for a 4 cylinder.
The first 2 issues were a vibration when the engine was under a load and the other was some electrical issues.
The driver side door lock would actuate repeatedly without my doing anything and the window would go half way down or up then return any time I pressed the button.
The passenger side air bag warning light stayed on much of the time.
After 18 months and 27,000 miles, the electrical issues persisted, the alternator went out and so did the transmission.
I replaced it with a 2013 3.5 SL and within a week the transmission started acting up.

My 2013 Nissan Altima is not a year old yet and already have problems!!! Do not purchase this vehicle
By nubiancici

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have tried my best to try to get Nissan to help me with a vibration problem that is occuring in my so called new car.
I purchased this car June 1, 2013 and it was brand new.
6 Months later I am having issues.
The had to change the left front strut which was causing my car to make a thumbing noise when I was driving slow.

My car was perfectly fine till I got it back and then I noticed the vibration in my car that you can feel through the steering wheel.
Nissan dealership in Lewisville Texas made me seem as if I was crazy.
I strongly advice you to stay away from Nissan Altima until they figure out what is causing their vehicles to vibrate making the ride very uncomfortable.

The interior of the car is my favorite feature but it means nothing if I dont want to drive it cause I cannot stand this constant annoying vibration that with time will get worse. After researching this on the internet I found that many people complain to nissan about this and they will not do anything to fix this issue. They need to just recall them and build a better Nissan Altima.

Make the car comfortable to ride in. Recall it and fix it. Fix the constant vibration that seems to be caused by the brackets that hold the engine not properly built right. This is a world wide problem and I will do everything in my power to make sure I help people from not buying this product and wasting their money in a vehicle that will constantly vibrate and annoy you. Imagine a tingling sensation running through your body starting from the hands to your feet. I am so dissappointed for not researching this vehicle before purchase. Please do not commit to high payment for a Nissan Altima 2013.