Used 2013 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 219 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

2nd review after more miles. Still Junk and getting worse...
By bradhenson

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The 2013 will probably go down in history books of how NOT to build and market a car.
The transmission still isn't working right (2 dealer trips as of today, and still won't admit to hearing a clattering noise coming from transmission billed as being unusually smooth), but lets make some impressive titanium paddle shifters that don't turn with the wheel (stupid).
That will take their minds off all of the clattering and squeeling under the hood.
I honestly hope someone steals this car for (crappy) parts.
It's pretty on the inside and outside, but it has the character of worn out old truck.
Pathetic.
Really

It's pretty when it's parked. Perfect car for someone with a DWI. They can look and imagine how great it will be when they get to drive again, then it will drive them to drink once they have to drive it... Makes me curse every time I get behind the wheel. Really. Ask my wife... My favorite... Every day that passes is one less day I'll have to own it. As soon as I can devise a strategy, this sucker will be gone, and it will be a joyous day. Hallelujah, Hallelujah!!!

I only have 700 characters, but maybe Seppuku for everyone involved with bringing this car to former loyal customers turned mortal enemies. IT IS THAT BAD. Don't buy unless you like cursing. I call it a "piece of sh..." every time I drive it. I may have to increase my blood pressure meds or get rid of it. I really do hate this car and all involved with it. They know of all of the problems and keep on telling the poor suckers (me) how great they are. Don't believe it. Ask an expert... A real expert. Someone who has had to suffer through this heap on a daily basis.

Worst new car I've ever purchased.
By bradhenson

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I really wanted to love this car, but the quality is sub par to put it mildly.
We replaced a 2012 Nissan Juke that we loved (rear-ended and totaled).
I kick myself every day for not buying another one.
The transmission is noisy, the power steering pump is noisy, and the interior rattles more than an American car with 200k miles on it.
Nissan says that the transmission is supposed to sound like the old "baseball card in the bicycle spokes", but I'm not buying it.
The Juke transmission was perfect, but this one is perfectly horrible.
I get mad every time I have to drive it.
I'm done with Nissan.
My next car was going to be a 370Z, but I'd buy a Korean car first...

Every day is a day closer to getting rid of it...

Discontinue. Buy all back that have been sold. Dig a big hole, and bury them all. Forget this nightmare ever happened. Fire all the engineers that had anything to do with the car....

Best Car I ever owned for the money
By akinchen

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I expect Fuel to stay around the 3 to 3.25 range so I bought the 3.5 SV , i prefer cloth interior .
I have about 10,000 miles .
I converted to 0-20 viscosity Mobile one oil .
I get about 34.5 average highway , the computer stays about 27.7 average around Houston . I love the acceleration and quietness of the CVT .
The 3.5 has no noise when gunning the engine .
Materials are excellent , love the engine and power . Best car I ever owned , got it on sale for about 25,000, beats everything in its class . Low interest rate

Love the speed and acceleration of the 3.5 . Great fuel economy on trips about 34.5 MPG with Mobile one 0-20 oil . I average about 70 mph on highway . brakes are fantastic , it easily passes cars as if it were a race car . It is much better than the 2010 Nissan Altima I owned , they truly improved it .

I don't like the Tail lights , I wish they would have put LED bulbs , the design looks good , just not bright enough . I was going to upgrade them myself but could not get the tail light off the car , so i must bring it into the dealer to change and upgrade the bulb to a LED . I also down graded the wheels to 17 inch by simply having the dealer swap them out , I hate big wheels and did not want to pay a high price for tires , so 17 inch tires ride smoother and cheaper to replace .

Really Like My Car So Far
By joebobjones

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought my car July 2013.
So far I really like it, but a few issues to note:

1) Gas milage isn't what was advertised, especially since the weather turned cold in Nov.

2) When coasting in traffic at 20 mph, I sometimes get a significant shaking when I step on the accelerator.
Sometimes the shaking is strong enough that it's embarrassing.
It doesn't happen very often though

3) The "premium" sound system sucks.
It sounds like something I would expect from a Toyota Corolla.
It's very disappointing, espeically since it's supposed to be an upgraded system.

Good accelleration, tight steering. The push button start and keyless door entry is great!

1) Eliminate the CVT shaking at low speeds 2) Offer a REAL sound system! 3) Seperate the upgraded sound system from the NAV package. Some of us have a NAV system in our heads and don't need it in the car.

2013 Altima 3.5SV
By oxman3

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I cannot understand all the criticism of the CVT tranny. I just purchased it on Jan 1, 2014 & it is as near perfect as you can get. I have driven it in a hard acceleration mode as well as normal driving & I cannot even tell when it shifts, & boy when I get on it, it really goes. No hesitations or quirky little hiccups. The paddle shift is neat, but I don't use it. We live in the mountains & the driving is up, down & all around & we are already getting 27 MPG on it. For a large V6, this is excellent mileage. I fully expect to get over 30 mpg on a trip. I do not know anything about the 2.5, but if you purchase this vehicle, I highly recommend the 3.5. This is a great car.

Everything.

There is only one item I do not like. The sun visors are just to small & do not cover much of the side windows.