2013 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Love the POWER!!!
By cvtfan on 10/10/12 20:40 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I simply love driving this car! The POWER in the 3.5 Altima is great, and CVT makes it even better. After test driving the new Camry SE V6, which in my opinion is very ugly on the outside, and was more money for less equipment, I decided to go with the new Altima. Remote start, push start, Navigation, and the seats are also extremely comfortable.

Attractive car but......
By victomofnissan on 10/07/12 22:24 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/12 (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased an Altima 2.5 SL in the begining of August mainly based on its 27/38 mpg adertisement. The car has very comfortable interior, love the seats and overall interior feel. After driving his car for two weeks, I was getting approx. 15-17 MPG. Took it to the dealer who suggested that I drive this car atleast 1000 miles and then car will deliver better mpg. After driving 1,600 miles (70% highway, 30% city) the most I got is 18. I went back to the dealer who told me to contact Nissan North America. I called them a month ago and registered my complaint. They have assigned my case to a regional specialist and I am still waiting to speak to this person.They have the worst customer service

Love my 2013 Altima
By 2kats2 on 10/06/12 08:43 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/12 (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought the 2013 Altima 2.5 SL 4cy CVT automatic middle Sept 2012. I love the car. The finishes in the interior are top notch. The controls for radio, heat/AC, cruise, and such are easy to use and figure out. I activated the blue tooth for my smart phone in seconds. The mileage has been spot on. I drive a mixture of city and highway and average 33.5 MPH. The readout on the car shows 33.2mph. I am very happy with my purchase. The reviews I read mention the noise from the CVT. While I have heard this, I don't consider the noise intrusive. I like hearing the low growl when accerlerating on the interstate. Bose sound system is awesome. The seats are so comfortable.

Awesome Altima 3.5sl
By luis90 on 10/04/12 11:56 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought this car about 3 months ago car is amazing. I bought it for my wife and when i drive it i have my share of fun the altima is quick at the 1/8 mile it did 8.9 at 83mph thats quick for a altima even the announcer was surprised! I dont hear any noises, i hardly feel any bumps and that CVT transmission is the best thing nissan can do for their nissans. This car beat a stock lancer evoution 2006 by a whole car there goes to show how well this transsion keeps its power band. you hardly feel the shifting points compared to a toyota camry this nissan rocks the car has 3500 miles on it and no problems yet i and my wife are very satisfied with our new altima 2013 and pearl white color.

Worst Nissan Car Ever !
By rtat on 10/02/12 13:27 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my 2.5 SV 40 days ago, I had a noise on the drivers headline, the dealer tried to fix it but the couldn't, I request to change it, Nissan gave me another one, before accepted me and the Nissan dealer manager did the drive test, it had exactly the same noise at the same position as well as the power steering noise, now Nissan looking for alternative car for me!!! I think this Altima will be the worst Nissan car ever.

2013 AltimaS
By art3 on 10/01/12 18:14 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have owned the Altima for 6 weeks and it is the smoothest running vehicle I have owned in 40 years of driving. I have driven 1200 miles so far with it and I applaud the economy and it is spot on as far as mpg advertised. If I had a few more bucks to spend I would have gotten the leather as the cloth i8nterior is ok, but not exceptional. I had rented a 2011 and 2012 Altima before and was impressed with their perfomance. The 2013 is a step above them. I bought it from a highly rated dealership(Priority) and do not expect problems, but my previous experience with them says they will get to the bottom of any problem should one develop. I believe for the money the Altima was the best choice.

Superb car
By bkups on 09/29/12 21:53 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/12 (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I own 2013 Altima SL model. I purchased it a month ago, and I have 1200 miles in it. Loved every mile driven on it. Ride is so comfortable and handling is very easy. I feel steering wheel steady even at freeway speeds. I never had Altima in my mind when I was looking to purchase a car. I was going back and forth between Camry for roominess and Civic for gas mileage. I happen to notice Altima since the Nissan dealer was right next door to Toyota. I noticed the rich exterior/interior look that was lacking in Camry. I also noticed that Altima had a nice MPG ratings and is comparable to Civic on this. These factors tipped me in favor of Altima. I average around 32.5 MPG so far.

Squeaky Brakes and Lag in Bluetooth
By jusiment on 09/29/12 14:02 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

On July 5, 2012, I drove to the dealership to discuss issues with the 2011 Juke I had purchased the year before. I didn’t know anything about the new 2013 Altima, but one of them was on the lot and I must say, it was LOVE at first sight. I traded in the Juke and I thought it would be a romance that lasted forever. Disappointment however set in quickly (as with the Juke). One month later, the BRAKE light came on. Shortly after that I started hearing the brakes squeak and most recently noticed that if I am on the cell phone and get in the car, there is a considerable lag time for the bluetooth to pick up the call. I have taken the car in 5 times and nothing has been fixed. Lemon.

After considerable research
By davidsonhh on 09/22/12 14:13 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

After driving a Lexus GS 300 for 268k miles with very few problems, it was difficult not to be loyal to Toyota. However, the new 2013 Altima is special. The dealership gave me the 2.5 to drive for a day and a half. Unfortunately it had neither the quickness or engine smoothness I had been living with ijn the Lexus V6 for so long. At stop lights it rumbles, and at highway speed is noisy. The CVT is smooth, but felt like it was working hard. The 3.5 is very different. The power engine 270HP, is refined, and operates seamlessly with the CVT. Watch out Camry, Accord, Passat, Outback, Fusion, and Lexus ES350. This Altima has game.

Stay Away from the Tech Pkg.
By rtinaglia on 09/19/12 14:05 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

After reading all of the pros we drove the car and opted for the V6SL with the Nav pkg. Don't do it. Yes the saftey stuff is OK, but the nav pkg is circa 1990. Very poor graphics, & everything requires 2 or 3 steps to do. It's a Bosch system - & is tied into the radio & other electronics. All in all it's a terrible system, brand new, never used by Nissan before. Had we dug into the nav system we wouldn't have bought the car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Nissan Altima Sedan in VA is:

$157 per month*