2013 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Unreliable car and customer service
By lilen on 11/28/12 18:02 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased a brand new 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV The "red" break light came on within 125 miles, I took to Nissan service station where they said a minor problem " one of the electrical plug was loosely fitted but no mechanical defects - safe to drive". Trusting him I took the vehicle and started driving where the break light came on intermittently, repeated in 500 miles, on top of that the phone error window totally blocked the GPS. Luckily, I was driving in a known street where GPS was not necessary but imagine if driving would be in a busy unknown place. I brought the car to the service station where the senior mechanic told me that it was a software problem, which needs to be upgraded.

Beautiful car with great features
By crosstrack on 11/14/12 13:48 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/12 (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Looking for a vehicle to replace my 2008 Explorer, I wanted room for 3 car seats in the rear while still getting 30+mpg. I came across the Altima after thinking how great my 2005 Altima was, and after looking at it in person, i was not disappointed. The front seats are extremely comfortable, took a 14 hour road trip one week after purchase and no complaints with comfort. Rear seat holds 3 carseats snuggly (its not an SUV), headroom not an issue for my kids. Trunk is massive. Leater is soft and comfortable. Heated seats get very warm on hi and heated steering wheel is a nice plus. No issues with bluetooth with iphone 5. Averaged 34mpg on hwy driving 80-85mph. Average 32 in city.

2013 Altima
By acoustic58 on 11/09/12 14:07 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/12 (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car based on its high marks for overall quality of past Altima's. the new design is what sold me. I bought the 4 cylinder SL with all the bells and whistles. This car is right on the door step of going back to nissan. It has already had 2 recalls. The next recall will be related to a belt that was put on the first group of Altimas that did not fit which is causing extra noise on acceleration. There is now a high pitch squeal that Nissan knows about coming from the power steering motor that Nissan is calling normal. For $30,000, it is not normal. Anyone that has one of the first 2013's have them check that belt because mine needed to be replaced.

DO NOT BUY
By pmz3 on 11/09/12 13:30 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I'll keep this simple.... 1. Replaced transmission with less than 4000 miles 2. Replaced entire sunroof assembly immediately after multiple attempts to fix 3. whistling wind sound addressed twice now 4. multiple attempts to fix an "axle cap" which was not seated properly at the factory Got up to my 30 days in the shop under the lemon law in three months. Not too good. Either poorly designed or poorly put together. You wanna take a chance at finding out?

MISTAKE, TERRIBLE.. DO NO BUY
By jagger2 on 11/08/12 16:32 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've been a devoted Nissan customer for almost 20 yrs & upon seeing the 2013 Altima, I immediately fell in love & decided to purchase it. Well, a few days later, I started hearing this whistling noise supposedly coming from the steering pump according to a nissan technician and was told is a normal sound. OK?? There's also another rattling noise coming from the rear of the vehicle. To make long story short, I have been to the dealership at least 4 times with no luck as to how to fix this. I have filed a case with Nissan to get this resolved. Do not buy this vehicle.. There are a few people with the same complaints & are not getting any help soon enough & I'm one of those people.

Rumble noise in engine/transmission above 20MPH
By sadnissanowner on 11/03/12 14:52 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After my retirement, I drove for a local Nissan dealership, as a dealer trade driver. I was very impressed with the 2012 Altima, so I purchased a new 2013 Altima. This was a big mistake! Mistakely, I assumed that the engine and transmission would perform the same or even better than the 2012. How wrong I was! I love the car and everything it offers, but this rumbling noise from about 20mph onward is driving me nuts. I must trun up the radio to drown out the noise. I drove the 2012 Altimas for thousand of miles while doing my job, with complete satisfaction in the vehicle. Please don't make the mistake as I, and purchase this vehicle. I hope someone comes out with a class action suit

Problems from the begining
By abdulmoid on 10/31/12 18:01 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/12 (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought the car, drove off from the dealership in Toronto and hear the rattling sound from the rear section behind the drivers seat. Took out everything from the car, drove again for about 100 kms & the rattling is there, took it to the dealership, they said its the headliner, tried to fix it broke the headliner, then they order a new headliner & replaced it, called me to pick it up after 3 weeks, I went to pick it up, inspect the car & there are big wet stains inside the sunroof shade, showed it to them left it for one more day, now its been a week they were unable to clean the stains and are replacing the sunshade. I've been without my car for 4 weeks now. Extremely disappointed I am

Love the car, BUT...
By jpueblo on 10/22/12 16:40 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Overall a great car, drives and looks great. MPG on the HWY 39+ at 7- MPH. Nice handling and smooth ride. Only problem is a mysterious brake light that keeps coming on while the car is driving. Took it to the dealer once already and it's on its way back again. Wish we never had this issue as we really like the car. If it continue will have to label it a Lemon.

Love the car, but watch for the whine
By mushin9 on 10/18/12 13:46 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just purchased a 2013 Altima 3.5 SL. Aboslutely love the car for the $. Did an extended test drive and fell in love. BUT, didn't purchase the car I test drove. Apparently there is a low-pitched whine that is linked to the power steering that some of the Altima's have and other's don't. The test car didn't. It can only be heard clearly when the windows are up and the radio is off. But once you know it's there it's almost impossible to ignore. Recommend turning on the car and listening before purchasing.

2013 Altima review - Nice car
By txman on 10/15/12 21:57 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/12 (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I just bought an SL model and am very pleased so far. I rented one (S model) from Hertz before I bought one, and. got 40.8 MPG on a 90 mile highway trip with the cruise set at 69. That sold me. A couple of thinfgs of note: The car is very comfortable, but the S model lacks lumbar support - you notice after a while. The oil change interval is 3,700 miles -expensive over the life of the car. There is a 500 rebate on the car that I didn't know about until after I made my deal. I paid 26,300 after the rebate. I also rented a new style Malibu as well. It also drives great, has a nice interior and got 37 mph on the same trip. I found the cars drove similarly, but preferred the altima styling

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Nissan Altima Sedan in NJ is:

$254 per month*