Used 2013 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Piece of junk
By rebert

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Took for a short test drive and bought it. Big mistake. Should've taken it for a much longer drive. This car is JUNK! Slight wind and the car is all over the road. Pulls to left or right constantly. Engine skips under slight load. CVT is awful. Two wheels were out of round. Terrible ride and very noisey slight bumps and car soulds like it's going to fall apart. Driver seat is comfortable, but upholstery is cheap and wrinkles easily. Can't take it much longer so will trade soon.

Favorite Features

Comfortable driver seat.

Suggested Improvements

Start all over with redesign!

The Best
By rva_altima

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I love my car. Regarding e negative reviews.... The manual clearly states that the passenger air bag light does not stay on for the ride. Test drive the car you will actually purchase, then you would not have the issue of getting one that makes noises at 60 mph. The wind is noisy when the window is cracked or down. Maybe some window visors would help. But the windows have to be up to really use the bluetooth phone. The bluetooth is great, but asks too many questions and you need to know their phone numbers if you have multiple numbers, it does not show work vs cell vs home. Any hair product will leave ugly reside on the headrests. Warning : leather wipes only!

Favorite Features

Acceleration. Exterior design. Back up camera. Storage space. 8 cup holders. Comfortability. Curve ratio. Connection of bluetooth. Sunroof. Keyless entry and start up. Leg room all around (for tall people). Leather. These cars have been selling like peanuts but the leather gives a whole new feeling of luxury.

Suggested Improvements

External ground lighting anytime key gets near car vs just on click open. Window control on key FOB. Scan feature on steering wheel (too far on the passenger side on the display). Back up camera button (vs just when in Reverse). Activated camera if someone bumps your car (photo activated).

Got rid of it after 3months
By billmoze

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

As previously mentioned, CVT Drivetrain sucks!! This was my first Nissan Product and most certainly my last. I took my lumps and traded it on a very nice Hyundai Sonata ( while they had their rebate offers ). That helped with the loss I took on it. I previously had a Hyundai Azera, a great Car ( for 6 years ). I just found out this morning that Nissan issued a recall on the 3.5 Engine CVT, but not the 2.5. Technical Bulletin issued just last week. I would very strongly suggest this Vehicle with a poorly designed & engineered drivetrain be avoided !!!

Favorite Features

Good gas mileage, nice body design, nice interior with good seats, but does not help the problems wit CVT drivetrain.

Suggested Improvements

If possible, fix or replace the CVT transmission. Sorry I ever heard of a CVT !

Overrated
By trun

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Car looks great from the outside but as soon as you step foot on the inside, it is a piece of crap. I had a 2009 Altima and regret every day that I ever traded it in for a 2013. The back up camera is absolutely atrocious! You can't even see out of it. There is a rattling in the roof that will not stop. The navigation is horrible. My 2009 navigation/camera system was WAY better than this horrible 2013. When I brought it to Nissan with these complaints they said that I needed to check my surroundings anyways and basically admitted this camera was pointless. I am VERY disappointed with this purchase. I will not buy a Nissan again because of the swindling I felt like I had received.

Favorite Features

The exterior is nice looking. That's it.

Suggested Improvements

Backup camera and navigation system!!!!

Very impressed
By iwidisky1

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have been a Lincoln Town Car owner for over 30 years. When Lincoln discontinued the Town Car I was very dissapointed, and did not like the newer Lincolns. I leased an Altima 2013 S for my Wife, and was very impressed by the ride and the gps, and the ride. She gave up a Lincoln sl 2005. I decided to get one for myself, and traded a Lincoln Town car 2007. Best move I ever made. The Altima 2013 SV that I now own is amazing I took a trip from Florida to Mass. and back and used a little less than five tanks of gas. The ride was as good as the Lincoln and half the cost. Great car have no complaints. Want a good car buy this one.

Favorite Features

GPS, ride, push start, no key needed to enter the car, remote start and great dealer.

Suggested Improvements

I don't have any.