Used 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 S Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Not That Bad, All in All...
By terry35022

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I read some of the comments that were posted and for the life of me, I don't experience many of the same problems that some folks are complaining about. Yes, there are some quirks with any new re-design, but any real problems have been minimal, in my case. I purchased mine used with about 32,000 miles on it and it runs nearly flawless. The first thing I did was to install a K&N Filtercharger and throw away that nasty air filter that it came with. The results were instantaneous, to say the least. The pep was back and the car greeted the extra airflow like a cat on a hot tin roof. Like some have said, there is a shudder at low speeds in the transmission, but that is somewhat normal in a CVT.

Very peppy for a 2.5 4 cyl. engine. While I liked my Frontier Crew Cab SL pickup, the gas mileage was killing me. The Altima is as roomy, but gets 38mpg hwy and I average 32 city. Not bad at all for a car this size. Very comfortable seats with power adjustments. The S model has lots of extras that would normally cost extra on other cars. The car seems to float down the road. On a smooth road, you might even fall asleep if you aren't careful. I wouldn't hesitate for a minute to take this car cross country. The trunk is huge and can hold several large luggage bags and with the fold down rear seats, it can hold even more. You might even mistake this car for a Maxima if you didn't know better.

The outside mirrors need to be larger. Vehicles can sneak up on you on the right side, if you aren't paying attention. You have to answer your phone, on the phone, instead of pushing a button on the steering wheel. A real negative, in my book. Nissan should have thought this thru better. Otherwise, the bluetooth system works great. Had the same problem on my Frontier. The auto door locks don't release all the time when putting it into park. A small frustration. Nissan needs to smooth out the CVT at low speeds. Excessive noise and vibration from the CVT at speedup, but minimal. A better standard stereo with better sounding speakers should be standard equipment on a car like this.

34K and still great!
By svalent2

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Overall its a really great car, I've only needed regular maintenance. The pep is there when I need it especially when merging onto highways or zooming around idiots in the city that don't use their signals. I average about 29.5 with all city and about 33 mixed. Very comfortable and lots of storage space. I have experienced the "shutter/vibration" of the transmission, about 3 times since I've had the car (34k miles btw) at about 40 mph coasting for about a minute long. Its very distracting and doesn't feel too good during that minute but its so rare that it even happens that it doesn't bother me too much. If it happened all the time I could see why some would trade it.

push to start, bluetooth, Zero-gravity seats (VERY comfortable), fuel economy, styling (other newer models are starting to all look the same inside), smooth and very quiet, barely feel bumps, smart key, auto headlights, storage space and roomy trunk, heat and ac have been excellent

Better handling, can be a bit of chore on really windy days, rear air vents standard on all models

Nice Car
By logdon17

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have been driving this car for 20K miles and have nothing but good things to say. The car is plenty fast, handles well, and is very comfortable. The controls are well laid out and very easy to use. I have had zero issues and have only needed to do oil changes and tire rotations. Gas mileage is pretty good for a rather large mid size car (around 30 in mixed highway and city). I would highly recommend without reserve.

Bluetooth, seats, handling, reliability, gas mileage, spacious.

Make the trunk out of stronger metal. I parked under a tree with acorns falling down and the trunk deck has little dents all over it. Pretty flimsy.

It's All Good !
By btabor

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I had purchased my 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 S sedan in December of 2013, no problems noted, what a great car it's been so far ! Sleek/ sporty in appearance, the 2.5 4 cylinder engine has plenty of get-up and go, and the gas mileage is excellent too. I'm not experiencing unwanted engine/ transmission noise as some report, and the CVT transmission shifts flawlessly. Road manners is outstanding also, the vehicle remains near perfectly even/ well balanced in hard turns at above average speed, and can navigate a road w/ many twists/ bends in it in a sports car like manner while not having to let up from the gas. All in all, it's far more than just your average family sedan, great job Nissan !

An all new design both inside and out for 2013, very sporty in appearance. The base model 4 cylinder 2.5 engine which is advertised at 182 hp runs strong and guaranteed to impress. The NASA inspired zero gravity seats are very comfortable for daily driving and long distance in particular.

#1. The manufacturers choice of tires need to be upgraded for a more quieter ride during normal driving conditions, and for better traction on wet/ snow covered roads. If you reside in a snow covered region you'll know exactly what I'm speaking about. I soon plan to replace manufacturers tires w/ a better quality of tire and more aggressive tread design based on conditions mentioned above. #2. An 8 way power drivers seat should be standard on all Altima models that come equipped w/ the power drivers seat option vs. the 6 way power drivers seat that is presently offered on lower priced versions of Altima.

29K Miles .. so far so good!
By mbp2011

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

So far we love this car. We bought it in August of 2013. At about 9K miles the odometer quit working. It just froze up one day (still had display, the mileage and trip just wouldn't change). Took it to dealer and they replaced no questions asked. The same day, I had them to replace the backseat because there was about a 3 in. place where one of the seams hadn't been sewn up. I have been pleased with the customer service on warranty so far. My husband drives it back and forth to work each day (87 miles, one way) and averages 35 mpg. He's a big guy and has plenty of space and headroom. Love it!

Gas mileage, styling

head rests - I turn mine around backwards so I can actually lean back in my seat.