2013 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
It's All Good !
By btabor on 05/05/14 04:47 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I had purchased my 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 S sedan in December of 2013, no problems noted, what a great car it's been so far ! Sleek/ sporty in appearance, the 2.5 4 cylinder engine has plenty of get-up and go, and the gas mileage is excellent too. I'm not experiencing unwanted engine/ transmission noise as some report, and the CVT transmission shifts flawlessly. Road manners is outstanding also, the vehicle remains near perfectly even/ well balanced in hard turns at above average speed, and can navigate a road w/ many twists/ bends in it in a sports car like manner while not having to let up from the gas. All in all, it's far more than just your average family sedan, great job Nissan !

29K Miles .. so far so good!
By mbp2011 on 04/29/14 06:59 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

So far we love this car. We bought it in August of 2013. At about 9K miles the odometer quit working. It just froze up one day (still had display, the mileage and trip just wouldn't change). Took it to dealer and they replaced no questions asked. The same day, I had them to replace the backseat because there was about a 3 in. place where one of the seams hadn't been sewn up. I have been pleased with the customer service on warranty so far. My husband drives it back and forth to work each day (87 miles, one way) and averages 35 mpg. He's a big guy and has plenty of space and headroom. Love it!

altima is crap
By nissan_is_crap on 03/12/14 05:26 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

3-month new, two cracks at different location. No paint damage nor dent, body just got cracks from nowhere! cheap cheap plastic!

Do NOT buy a Nissan!!!!
By bighair2 on 11/09/13 09:58 AM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We bought a 2013 Nissan Altima in September. Since then we have had nothing but problems;. I don't know where to start. The back seat is missing a piece of foam, still not fixed. The car is a danger to drive, it sways from side to side very hard to control if you are going over 35 mph, you find yourself in the other lane in a blink of an eye. The Nissan engineer said there was a problem but no answers. We have taken it in numerous times, they have told us there is nothing they can do. We have worked with Nissan consumer affairs and that was a joke. They are very rude and unhelpful, they offered us $400 for our problems and not fix it. Our next step is an attorney.

Awesome car
By dm3 on 11/05/13 22:37 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Usually cars have tradeoffs. Power vs. gas mileage. Ride comfort vs. handling turns. Size vs. price. The Altima somehow seems to defy these tradeoffs in a way I've never experienced before. I don't know if its new improved technology or money. It has an eager powerful engine mated to an excellent transmission thats knows what you want to do. Great mileage (32.5mpg mix). Handles turns great while providing supple ride. All with tons of interior room. One of the best cars I've ever driven.

600 miles so far, no complaints.
By arthurcc on 08/22/13 15:41 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I recently purchased this vehicle and I have had no problems with it thus far. I bought it new with only the initial 16 miles on it. So far, I have put 600+ miles since getting it and have no complaints so far with it. I was surprised by how well the vehicle accelerated considering it is a v4. The only thing I don't like about the car is that it will sometimes not display the song playing on the information display; I cannot figure out how to program the caller ID for when someone is calling me while I am driving. Other than those two quibbles there isn't else that would tell me to deter you from purchasing this vehicle.

Lemon
By jsara on 08/01/13 11:58 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

First off this is my first AND last Nissan. I've had my 2013 Altima in for three sets of brakes, the Aux has never worked, the speakers rattle at a volume of 12 and the CVT transmission is a piece of junk and now needs replacing as there was metal found in the fluid by the dealer, nice. I paid $24k for this thing and have not been happy with it at all. The 38 mpg is complete b.s. I drive literally all highway miles and this thing hasn't even come close. An utter failure for Nissan.

Piece of junk
By rebert on 07/05/13 11:55 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Took for a short test drive and bought it. Big mistake. Should've taken it for a much longer drive. This car is JUNK! Slight wind and the car is all over the road. Pulls to left or right constantly. Engine skips under slight load. CVT is awful. Two wheels were out of round. Terrible ride and very noisey slight bumps and car soulds like it's going to fall apart. Driver seat is comfortable, but upholstery is cheap and wrinkles easily. Can't take it much longer so will trade soon.

PROBLEM CAR
By jagger2 on 05/23/13 16:29 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Please do your research before you purchase this vehicle. I have been a loyal Nissan customer for nearly 20 years and have owned several Nissan vehicles. Didn't think twice about what could possibly go wrong with a brand new Altima. Basically relied on my experience which was my huge mistake. The vehicle just had too many defects. First the whining noise and shortly after, brakes made a loud slapping noise, the fuel slosh, screen goes blank and not to mention the rubber burning smell. Addressed all of these with Nissan and even filed a complaint with BBB and MD General Attorney. Nissan did absolutely nothing other than write a response stating everything was normal. Do your research first

A PIECE OF CRAP!
By rebert on 05/01/13 13:49 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

WARNING! Bought based on Consumer Reports rating which was much higher than Camry. Chief auto tester came from Nissan then went back to Nissan! This car is a piece of crap! First week had vibration at highway speeds. Found three rims were out of round. Any wind affects the car and you must hold onto the wheel as it will drift all over the road. Interior is cheap as hell and the seat covering wrinkles easily. Under a slight load engine skips as it runs extremely lean. Engine and entire car is very loud. Solved problems by trading it in! WARNING!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Nissan Altima Sedan in VA is:

$162 per month*