Used 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Transmission and Jerking and Cut off
By sallyryser

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased a 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 1 year and 2 months ago and I have 86,000 miles on it as of today. I took it to the dealership and told them what was happening and they said oh your not under warranty and the mechanic said it did not engage for him. So, with that being said I spoke to management to make them aware of the issue and I recorded what the problem was doing. They offered me a rental and a trade in value which would make my payments higher. They should fix the problem and make the customers happy.

Had it right with 2012
By swallerstein

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We leased a 2012 for a couple of years. Ran flawlessly, pretty comfortable, fun to drive. Lease ran out so we leased a 2013. 2013 engine is powerful with great gas mileage; weird high pitch whining, rattling though. I find the driver's seat to be one of the most uncomfortable I've ever sat in. Very difficult to find a comfortable position that doesn't cause back pressure. Passengers in back don't find those too comfy either. Gearshift console is very instrusive which further compromises comfort. The dashboard is extremely reflective. Even in low light, you are always looking through a reflection of the dash. In strong sunlight, it's a safey hazard. Designed by monkeys!

Favorite Features

Engine is very powerful while getting great gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Go back to the 2012 seats, which were 8 way power instead of this goofy 6 way power in the 2013. Cut down on the size of the console. Do something about dash relectivity. Steering wheel adjustment lever is too stiff. They had it right with the 2012.

Got rid of it after 3months
By billmoze

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

As previously mentioned, CVT Drivetrain sucks!! This was my first Nissan Product and most certainly my last. I took my lumps and traded it on a very nice Hyundai Sonata ( while they had their rebate offers ). That helped with the loss I took on it. I previously had a Hyundai Azera, a great Car ( for 6 years ). I just found out this morning that Nissan issued a recall on the 3.5 Engine CVT, but not the 2.5. Technical Bulletin issued just last week. I would very strongly suggest this Vehicle with a poorly designed & engineered drivetrain be avoided !!!

Favorite Features

Good gas mileage, nice body design, nice interior with good seats, but does not help the problems wit CVT drivetrain.

Suggested Improvements

If possible, fix or replace the CVT transmission. Sorry I ever heard of a CVT !

Big Big Big Problem - CVT
By ebch

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Hello future buyer, If you are willing to go Nissan service center at least once a month, you can buy this car. Please go Nissan forum first and check what are problems of this car. [HTML removed.] My case is RPM suddenly down to 800 RPM at 20-30 mph range, it feel like loosening power. Not always. 800 RPM means car stopped at the road with engine running. Extremely nervous situation because car bounced with bang sound from power train. Nissan have to step up to recall for CVT problem.

pearl white paint discoloration
By franklit

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased a 2013 pearl white Nissan Altima about a month ago. When driving the car home from the dealership my husband and I stopped by a restaurant to eat and it was just beginning to get dark outside when my husband noticed a some light and dark stripes on the drivers side door, didn't think much about it until the next when it was light outside and could get a better look and also asked our son to look at the car to make sure he could also see the stripping or like tiger stripes and it's definately visible. We also noticed at local dealerships there were also pearl white altima's with the same discoloration on the doors. So if you are deciding to buy a Pearl White Nissan Altima BE WARE

Favorite Features

The car is still at the dealership two weeks later and still no decision about resolving this issue. Very disappointed