Used 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Nissan Altima SV 2.5
By Michael

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The car started to shake when I parked or stopped at a light 3 days after I leased it . When I took it back to services the fixed the problem. Now it been 3 months and I just hit 30,408 miles. The car is comfortable and reliable. But the only problem I have is the car getting dirty quickly. I Pray for 5 years

VERY disappointed with car - many problems.
By sad owner

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I don't even have 36,000 miles on this car and have had to replace the transmission, brake pads, battery and now waiting for rear shocks to come in to replace them as well. I bought a new car so that I wouldn't have issues and worry that can come with an older automobile. I work a lot and the inconvenience of having my car in the shop frequently, as well as the time I have had to wait to be towed, etc. is ridiculous. I have had two Acuras, a Honda and two Toyota's and have never had a complaint. I will NEVER buy a Nissan again after this. I just can't take that chance. I can only hope these problems are behind me. If not, I'll come back and update for you.

NEVER BUY A NEW ALTIMA.
By Debra Yeoman

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

So disappointed. Saved to buy this car for my 16 year old daughters birthday. She's now in tears because 6 months later it's a piece of crap that won't run. The CVT transmission shutters and shakes and it dies at low speeds or when put into park. Of course it just went off warranty. I've talked to others that's replaced them 2-3 times. Please Nissan , come on and admit your car is defective. How many people have to did first??????

Real Clunker
By JasonE

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Nothing but constant repairs with no support from Nissan. I bought this car three years ago and my entire dashboard just went out. I took it into the dealership and they told me I was three months out of warranty and stuck me with a $1000 repair bill. Nissan won't claim responsibility for the defect even though having your speedometer go out in the middle of driving is clearly a safety issue.

Beautiful on the outside, ugly under the hood
By Brian Johnson

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

DO NOT BUY A NISSAN PRODUCT UNTIL THEY ADMIT AND FIX THEIR TRANSMISSION ISSUES!!!! I bought a 2013 Altima new at my local dealership (very nice and helpful people) in Sept. of '13. It had a 60k mile warranty. Based on my brief experience, 3 of my coworkers bought Altimas shortly thereafter. The car began to "shudder" upon slight acceleration at 25k miles. I was told that this was normal and there was nothing wrong. At 55k miles the car began to shake and shut off when I would come to a stop. I went online and read that many others had experienced the same thing and it was the CVT transmission going out. I took it in and they said the transmission had to be replaced. Thank goodness it was still in warranty. I expressed a concern about the transmission and asked if there was a problem. I was told "absolutely not" and the new transmission would be fine. It had a 12 month, 12k mile warranty. Within 2 months, 2 of my coworkers had their transmission go out!!! After 11 months, I had put 30k miles on the car (I drive a lot for work). THE TRANSMISSION WENT OUT AGAIN!!!! I was told "it is out of warranty and it will be $3800". I told them that it wasn't right and Nissan has a BIG problem that they refuse to admit. They called their Nissan rep and after haggling, he agreed to cover everything except about $900. I told them that I expected ALL of the cost to be covered. They are getting back with Nissan and are supposed to call me back today. I can't believe there is not a class-action lawsuit on this. I have seen THOUSANDS of complaints online. Also, I have visited with several others who have had transmission go out on THEIR NISSANS - Pathfinders, Sentras, and trucks. DON'T BUY A NISSAN UNTIL THEY ADMIT AND FIX THIS PROBLEM!!!!

• SUV