Used 2013 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

I love this car
By Yuriy

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my Altima (3.5SL with technology package) in November of 2012. Now have about 20000 miles on it. During first 1.5 years used it mostly on express ways, then mostly on the streets. Current average fuel economy is about 27.3 miles per gallon. Since the day I bought it, did not have any problems (there were some manufacturer recalls, but they were kind of preventive actions). So, I love this car and are happy with it so far...

Love My Altima
By riptor

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have owned 3 Altima, my latest is a 2013 SL trim. Great gas mileage....970kms on the highway, 670km/city. Sounds system awesome and the car is comfortable and peppy to drive. The only things I have found wrong is the remote start does not start from more then about 100 feet away and the bluetooth recognition doesn't always pick up the proper names. I feel this car should be rated higher then then the Honda Accord for appearance and reliability. The interior space e is quite roomy and all other features are great. I will be buying another Nissan product when the time comes.

Nissan Altima 2013 3.5 SL
By brandenmh

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The car shudders at 1500 to 1800 rpms ...had transmission replaced and still shudders...feels like it will stall...very dangerous. ..needs attention ASAP..can't stop driving the car....dealer sends you on way like it's ok...

Problem with CVT
By Jim DiRosa

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased the car in march of 2013. It is 2 years old, it has 66,000 miles & the dealer tells me it needs a new transmission. Nissan has refused to offer any financial assistance, because the car is 6000 miles out of warranty. I will never recommend Nissan to anybody. I definitely never purchase another Nissan!

Fix their transmission problems.

Update to original review
By erichards

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Just wanted to update my original review & revise some of the ratings (which you can't do to the original review for some reason). In the original review (@29k miles) I said the only issues were the lower-than-expected mileage, and the brake rotors that were starting to glaze. Now with 64k miles on the car (in 25 months) I can report that aside from those things the car has been perfect. I just replaced the brake pads at 63k miles, and am about to put a new set of tires on at 64k. The mileage continues to average 27-28 mpg, although I have experienced outstanding (36-37 mpg) mileage on a few long highway trips (I got 625 miles out of one tank of gas in one instance). Overall very satisfied.

Comfortable, great mileage on highway trips, reliability has been perfect thus far (knocking wood).

Change supplier for brake rotors, eliminate low-speed whistling from p/s pump/lines. I would say improve real-world gas mileage, but I have learned that the way they test for EPA mileage is not really the way most of us drive.