2013 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Good value but lacks some quality
By egydarceyes on 01/22/15 17:36 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Ive added the convenient package and so far I've put on 30k miles on it. The car is very nice on the inside, very adequate space and comfortable seats. Engine is a bit loud when moving from stand still, CVT is nice for gas mileage but is definitely a snooze at times, don't expect to be passing all cars when you really want to. Head unit is nice but the non-touch 5 inch is made out of bad glass that scratches very easily. Software embedded in the head unit is just plain crap... Needs refreshing and fixing of defects. Nice wheel button controls but wish they were designed a little more moderate. They just seem big and poorly designed.

After 50K miles I am happy
By aterces on 01/21/15 17:33 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/12 (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchase the car on Oct 2012, and after 50,000 miles I can say that I am happy with my purchase, haven't had a single problem with the car and has been very reliable. I did have an issue with a weird noise coming from the engine I took it to the dealer and it was the alternator but it was replace free of charge since I was under warrantee no problems after that. The gas mileage is very good, I avg between 30-32 miles

Lemon
By rbrion on 12/25/14 16:22 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My transmission issues have completely ruined my ownership experience. Nissan is in cahoots with the dealers to deny there are very serious issues with the CVT transmission. I am in the process of forcing Nissan to buy back this junk as they have done NOTHING to try to resolve this issue on their own. This is my second new Nissan in the past three years and it will definitely be my last.

Not That Bad, All in All...
By terry35022 on 12/20/14 15:28 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I read some of the comments that were posted and for the life of me, I don't experience many of the same problems that some folks are complaining about. Yes, there are some quirks with any new re-design, but any real problems have been minimal, in my case. I purchased mine used with about 32,000 miles on it and it runs nearly flawless. The first thing I did was to install a K&N Filtercharger and throw away that nasty air filter that it came with. The results were instantaneous, to say the least. The pep was back and the car greeted the extra airflow like a cat on a hot tin roof. Like some have said, there is a shudder at low speeds in the transmission, but that is somewhat normal in a CVT.

34K and still great!
By svalent2 on 12/09/14 08:30 AM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Overall its a really great car, I've only needed regular maintenance. The pep is there when I need it especially when merging onto highways or zooming around idiots in the city that don't use their signals. I average about 29.5 with all city and about 33 mixed. Very comfortable and lots of storage space. I have experienced the "shutter/vibration" of the transmission, about 3 times since I've had the car (34k miles btw) at about 40 mph coasting for about a minute long. Its very distracting and doesn't feel too good during that minute but its so rare that it even happens that it doesn't bother me too much. If it happened all the time I could see why some would trade it.

Glad we Leased
By brownhoback on 11/10/14 14:22 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We got this vehicle a year ago on a lease. Loved the car. The heater display will not come on sometimes when you first turn it on, after about three miles down the road it turns on. We had to take it in and the dealership did the recall repair on the airbag, since then we have had to take the car in four more times because the no airbag light was coming on when there was someone in the passenger seat. Of course it didn't do either thing when we took it in (record it). A clip fell off the undercarriage. Now recently our keyless/remote system is not working properly. We've had to use the key to get in and then button start it (the screen said no key), turn off and turn on again to drive it.

Transmission and Jerking and Cut off
By sallyryser on 08/12/14 08:22 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased a 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 1 year and 2 months ago and I have 86,000 miles on it as of today. I took it to the dealership and told them what was happening and they said oh your not under warranty and the mechanic said it did not engage for him. So, with that being said I spoke to management to make them aware of the issue and I recorded what the problem was doing. They offered me a rental and a trade in value which would make my payments higher. They should fix the problem and make the customers happy.

Nothing But Problems
By junkcar3 on 07/02/14 09:56 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car based on Features it has to offer. After driving 5000 miles problem started. The break lights comes on randomly while driving. took it to dealership 3 time and they said nothing wrong. Car stopped on road with engine sign. They replaced part and after driving another 100 miles it stopped again. Dealer replace another part. Air conditioning stop working. they have to replace compressor. Side mirror came loose and was making rattling sound. They fixed that and after a month side mirror switch stop working. Navigation is also not refreshing while driving so they said they have to replace SD card. Complain to North America Nissan but they are not doing anything to replace this

Love but ?
By cvb8 on 06/23/14 06:51 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Problems seems to be popping up. First time I had a car stop behind me when backing up...accident since no warning. Next, back up screen showed electrical waverings and passenger air bag lit up. Passenger door whistles and sounds as though something is open when not. CD player only holds ONE disc at a time (bad, bad) and recently when I did a phone call while CD was playing and ended it, a message saying No USB connection) Lastly (for now) the car slips into neutral at 35 mph and has to be shifted from drive to neutral and back to drive. Probably should have bought another Honda Accord since it seems Nissan, though has great styling, conveniences and good gas mileage, has many "bugs"

2013 Altima SV - Nothing but problems - not recommended
By altima13sv on 06/18/14 13:28 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Car seemed like a good value with a good mix of features vs. price when purchased. However, ran into many problems in the first 7,500 miles. There was noise coming from the passanger tires. Constant rattling from the center cosole where the CS player is located. It was made of very cheap plastic and would get louder in hot weather. The sunroof would rattle. Had it replaced once but turned out to be the frame of the car above the driver's head that shook loose from car body. Probably a bit dangerous when I think back. I found the seats to be extremely uncomfortable and had back and leg pain. Replaced with Honda Accord and there is a huge quality difference! no problems after 10K miles