Used 2013 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Transmission sucks
By Dawn

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought mine with 22k miles beautiful car drove for 8 days and the transmission went out. Dealer gave me a hard time. Also the air conditioner quit they said there was a leaf in it so it was not covered under warranty. I've only had the car 8 days. Nissan dealer told me I have to take it back to the Nissan dealer I purchased it from to get it covered and refused to fix it unless I paid. So here I sit in a car rental while I have a car in the shop that I haven't even made a car payment on yet unbelievable!

you can find better
By Manny Espinoza

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

At 32K the transmission was swapped due to shuddering at randoms speeds. From day one I complained about the transmission shudder and was told by 3 different dealerships that it was in good working order. The new transmission is doing the same thing so I will be getting a lawyer if Nissan does not buy my buyback my Altima. My next car will be a Honda /accord with a manual transmission or maybe a Camry since they are not having issues with their CVTs, at least not nearly as bad as Nissan. What I was told by a Nissan mechanic is that Renault bought Nissan about 10 years ago and that since then the quality has been going doing down. Nissan knows there is an issue with their transmission but will not do anything about it. I also had issues with the outside temperature sensor and the back up camera, which they replaced a week ago, only to have the same issues. I own a 1999 Altima with over 300k miles on it never han problems like these with it. Nissan's quality is not what it used to be, do not buy Nissan, I will not buy another Nissan my self.

I love this car
By Yuriy

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my Altima (3.5SL with technology package) in November of 2012. Now have about 20000 miles on it. During first 1.5 years used it mostly on express ways, then mostly on the streets. Current average fuel economy is about 27.3 miles per gallon. Since the day I bought it, did not have any problems (there were some manufacturer recalls, but they were kind of preventive actions). So, I love this car and are happy with it so far...

Love My Altima
By riptor

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have owned 3 Altima, my latest is a 2013 SL trim. Great gas mileage....970kms on the highway, 670km/city. Sounds system awesome and the car is comfortable and peppy to drive. The only things I have found wrong is the remote start does not start from more then about 100 feet away and the bluetooth recognition doesn't always pick up the proper names. I feel this car should be rated higher then then the Honda Accord for appearance and reliability. The interior space e is quite roomy and all other features are great. I will be buying another Nissan product when the time comes.

Nissan Altima 2013 3.5 SL
By brandenmh

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The car shudders at 1500 to 1800 rpms ...had transmission replaced and still shudders...feels like it will stall...very dangerous. ..needs attention ASAP..can't stop driving the car....dealer sends you on way like it's ok...