Used 2013 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2013 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Love My Altima
By riptor

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have owned 3 Altima, my latest is a 2013 SL trim. Great gas mileage....970kms on the highway, 670km/city. Sounds system awesome and the car is comfortable and peppy to drive. The only things I have found wrong is the remote start does not start from more then about 100 feet away and the bluetooth recognition doesn't always pick up the proper names. I feel this car should be rated higher then then the Honda Accord for appearance and reliability. The interior space e is quite roomy and all other features are great. I will be buying another Nissan product when the time comes.

Nissan Altima 2013 3.5 SL
By brandenmh

2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The car shudders at 1500 to 1800 rpms ...had transmission replaced and still shudders...feels like it will stall...very dangerous. ..needs attention ASAP..can't stop driving the car....dealer sends you on way like it's ok...

Problem with CVT
By Jim DiRosa

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased the car in march of 2013. It is 2 years old, it has 66,000 miles & the dealer tells me it needs a new transmission. Nissan has refused to offer any financial assistance, because the car is 6000 miles out of warranty. I will never recommend Nissan to anybody. I definitely never purchase another Nissan!

Suggested Improvements

Fix their transmission problems.

Update to original review
By erichards

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Just wanted to update my original review & revise some of the ratings (which you can't do to the original review for some reason). In the original review (@29k miles) I said the only issues were the lower-than-expected mileage, and the brake rotors that were starting to glaze. Now with 64k miles on the car (in 25 months) I can report that aside from those things the car has been perfect. I just replaced the brake pads at 63k miles, and am about to put a new set of tires on at 64k. The mileage continues to average 27-28 mpg, although I have experienced outstanding (36-37 mpg) mileage on a few long highway trips (I got 625 miles out of one tank of gas in one instance). Overall very satisfied.

Favorite Features

Comfortable, great mileage on highway trips, reliability has been perfect thus far (knocking wood).

Suggested Improvements

Change supplier for brake rotors, eliminate low-speed whistling from p/s pump/lines. I would say improve real-world gas mileage, but I have learned that the way they test for EPA mileage is not really the way most of us drive.

Good value but lacks some quality
By egydarceyes

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Ive added the convenient package and so far I've put on 30k miles on it. The car is very nice on the inside, very adequate space and comfortable seats. Engine is a bit loud when moving from stand still, CVT is nice for gas mileage but is definitely a snooze at times, don't expect to be passing all cars when you really want to. Head unit is nice but the non-touch 5 inch is made out of bad glass that scratches very easily. Software embedded in the head unit is just plain crap... Needs refreshing and fixing of defects. Nice wheel button controls but wish they were designed a little more moderate. They just seem big and poorly designed.

Favorite Features

- Comfortable seats - Adequate leg room and trunk space - Dedicated remote inside the mirror - Nice user notifications between the speedometer (tire pressure, settings, MPG, etc...) - Nice tire pressure feature when the car out on the hazard signals and beeps when correct tire pressure is achieved

Suggested Improvements

Gas door lever is towards the bottom and isn't lit. Every time I re-fuel, I have to turn on a light to find out where it is. Very irrtating how they couldn't make it a lit button that is easy to get to Very slow, sluggish and buggy software in the head unit. Irritating when suddenly it locks and you must turn off the car and turn it back on to reset it. I've taken it to the dealership for software upgrades and no obvious improvements. Moon roof slider is cheap material and makes noise regularly if you're on a rough road if left closed Terrible tires Poor illumination from headlights Rear camera is quite dark during very sunny days and at night Almost unusable, needs a much better camera