Used 2013 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

So far so good
By Kevin

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/12 (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have put over 70K on my Altima since purchasing in July 2013. Most of the miles are road miles. The original Michelins are still on the car and should be good for another 4 to 5000 miles by appearance. The one major complaint that I have had with the car was recently fixed. The annoying 20 to 40 mph rattle/groan from the right front side of the car. After a lot of research and speaking with a Nissan mechanic at another dealership, I got my hands on the service bulletin that described the problem and appropriate repairs. I after talking with my dealer and Nissan corporate, I was able to negotiate 50% payment to replace the alternator. The car is so much quieter and smoother since. Otherwise, the car has been great. Gas mileage is super.

Nissan Altima SV 2.5
By Michael

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The car started to shake when I parked or stopped at a light 3 days after I leased it . When I took it back to services the fixed the problem. Now it been 3 months and I just hit 30,408 miles. The car is comfortable and reliable. But the only problem I have is the car getting dirty quickly. I Pray for 5 years

VERY disappointed with car - many problems.
By sad owner

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I don't even have 36,000 miles on this car and have had to replace the transmission, brake pads, battery and now waiting for rear shocks to come in to replace them as well. I bought a new car so that I wouldn't have issues and worry that can come with an older automobile. I work a lot and the inconvenience of having my car in the shop frequently, as well as the time I have had to wait to be towed, etc. is ridiculous. I have had two Acuras, a Honda and two Toyota's and have never had a complaint. I will NEVER buy a Nissan again after this. I just can't take that chance. I can only hope these problems are behind me. If not, I'll come back and update for you.

83,000 and no probles at all!
By Ray

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/12 (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

83,000 miles and no problmes. I'm going to flush the cvt trans before I hit 90,000 miles. I have changed the oil every 7,500 miles. I love the car.

Transmission Transmission Transmission
By Bill Carswell

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Read the reviews and do your research before considering the purchase of a 2013 Nissan Altima. Our CVT transmission was just replaced at 64K, 4k outside the warranty. There are numerous complaints all about the same issue! Shudder and juttering and then it just quits - torque converter locked up. Luckliy for us it happened while we were coming to a stop! Stay clear of this car - it is going to cost you $3k-$4k some day for a transmission. Nissan needs to admit that Jatco (75% ownership by Nissan) has built another flawed CVT transmission and start the recall. They admitted this issue with 2003 -2010 CVT equipped cars. If you have had an issue with your 2013 Altima, we all need to complain to the NHTSA and have our cases logged. www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/

• SUV