2013 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Transmission and Jerking and Cut off
By sallyryser on 08/12/14 08:22 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased a 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 1 year and 2 months ago and I have 86,000 miles on it as of today. I took it to the dealership and told them what was happening and they said oh your not under warranty and the mechanic said it did not engage for him. So, with that being said I spoke to management to make them aware of the issue and I recorded what the problem was doing. They offered me a rental and a trade in value which would make my payments higher. They should fix the problem and make the customers happy.

Nothing But Problems
By junkcar3 on 07/02/14 09:56 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car based on Features it has to offer. After driving 5000 miles problem started. The break lights comes on randomly while driving. took it to dealership 3 time and they said nothing wrong. Car stopped on road with engine sign. They replaced part and after driving another 100 miles it stopped again. Dealer replace another part. Air conditioning stop working. they have to replace compressor. Side mirror came loose and was making rattling sound. They fixed that and after a month side mirror switch stop working. Navigation is also not refreshing while driving so they said they have to replace SD card. Complain to North America Nissan but they are not doing anything to replace this

Love but ?
By cvb8 on 06/23/14 06:51 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Problems seems to be popping up. First time I had a car stop behind me when backing up...accident since no warning. Next, back up screen showed electrical waverings and passenger air bag lit up. Passenger door whistles and sounds as though something is open when not. CD player only holds ONE disc at a time (bad, bad) and recently when I did a phone call while CD was playing and ended it, a message saying No USB connection) Lastly (for now) the car slips into neutral at 35 mph and has to be shifted from drive to neutral and back to drive. Probably should have bought another Honda Accord since it seems Nissan, though has great styling, conveniences and good gas mileage, has many "bugs"

2013 Altima SV - Nothing but problems - not recommended
By altima13sv on 06/18/14 13:28 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Car seemed like a good value with a good mix of features vs. price when purchased. However, ran into many problems in the first 7,500 miles. There was noise coming from the passanger tires. Constant rattling from the center cosole where the CS player is located. It was made of very cheap plastic and would get louder in hot weather. The sunroof would rattle. Had it replaced once but turned out to be the frame of the car above the driver's head that shook loose from car body. Probably a bit dangerous when I think back. I found the seats to be extremely uncomfortable and had back and leg pain. Replaced with Honda Accord and there is a huge quality difference! no problems after 10K miles

Great Vehicle but need some Updates
By pprince on 05/22/14 07:12 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've a 2013 Nissan SV which is a great vehicle and i love it. I wasn't a fan of Nissan vehicle but the new design gave me a push in buying it and also giving it a surprise gift to my lovely mom. The vehicle is fun to drive, with its great interior features and liability. Everything is top of class for its own level compared to other vehicle such as Honda, Toyota. Despite that, i think a few things needs to be made such as the Brake Light System & Air Bag System. The Air Bag System is finally fixed & i'm glad the dealership saw that i wasn't creating stuff up. Next fixing should be the Brake Light System because I've changed my Nissan 3 times. Other than that, vehicle is Awesome.

It's All Good !
By btabor on 05/05/14 04:47 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I had purchased my 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 S sedan in December of 2013, no problems noted, what a great car it's been so far ! Sleek/ sporty in appearance, the 2.5 4 cylinder engine has plenty of get-up and go, and the gas mileage is excellent too. I'm not experiencing unwanted engine/ transmission noise as some report, and the CVT transmission shifts flawlessly. Road manners is outstanding also, the vehicle remains near perfectly even/ well balanced in hard turns at above average speed, and can navigate a road w/ many twists/ bends in it in a sports car like manner while not having to let up from the gas. All in all, it's far more than just your average family sedan, great job Nissan !

Fantastic car
By motosys on 04/29/14 15:42 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We purchased the last 2013 on the lot and got a great deal. The ride is very comfortable I took it on a 250 mile road trip and wasn't sore at all. The fuel economy was fantastic especially for a V6 I got 35 mpg for the trip. The only issues is the fabric that the seats are made of are nice and plush with a white dog who sheds we have to vacuum it out at least once a week to keep it looking good inside. The voice commands are awful. In my 2013 Hyundai the voice commands are better and work. However the interface on the Nav works great so I don't feel the need to tell the car to do things. for the bulk of what I do the buttons on the console and on the steering wheel are great

29K Miles .. so far so good!
By mbp2011 on 04/29/14 06:59 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

So far we love this car. We bought it in August of 2013. At about 9K miles the odometer quit working. It just froze up one day (still had display, the mileage and trip just wouldn't change). Took it to dealer and they replaced no questions asked. The same day, I had them to replace the backseat because there was about a 3 in. place where one of the seams hadn't been sewn up. I have been pleased with the customer service on warranty so far. My husband drives it back and forth to work each day (87 miles, one way) and averages 35 mpg. He's a big guy and has plenty of space and headroom. Love it!

Vibration
By sum2 on 04/21/14 13:47 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Whole car vibrates/shakes at 1900RPM. I have replaced alternator & belt in regard to this issue but nothing has happened. Car still vibrates. Nissan technician told me it is normal because of CVT. well you didnot tell me that when I was purchasing the car. This is a major issue and NIssan is not even considering it as a problem. They do not have a solution fir it yet. I strongly advise all the potential customers to stay away from this car until they resolve the issue.

I knew better than to buy the first year of a redesign
By 2013neveragain on 04/16/14 19:16 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I know better than to buy the first model year of a complete redesign... Immediately after purchase I had the windshield trim replaced because it would not hold secure and was flapping at highway speeds. Then with about 2K miles on it the car left me stranded at Wal-Mart. Nissan roadside took two hours to get a tow truck to me. Turns out it was a known ignition system recall that the dealer failed to update before I purchased the car. The radio has been replaced already for having issues such as dropping the blue tooth link with any connected phone, flashing on and off and so on. It took 3 weeks to get a replacement radio in. Dash trim on the side of the radio has been replaced...........

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Nissan Altima in VA is:

$157 per month*