Love the 3.5 SR
By bill_in_sa on
2012 Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
I recently traded in my 2008 Altima Coupe 2.5S for the 2012 Altima Sedan 3.5 SR. Quite honestly I loved the coupe, it had every option except the navigation, but from an interior size point of view it was inconvenient. It was uncomfortable for adults to sit in the back. So I decided to look into the sedan and ended up purchasing the 3.5 SR with every option, including the navigation system. With a 270 HP engine, it has plenty of power for passing or merging on to the highway. It has a comfortable ride and very good handling and is spacious. The trunk space is huge (especially compared to the coupe). One thing that my 10 year old son pointed out is the interior is very quiet.
Favorite Features
Love the Bose sound system! The powerful engine and CVT transmission are great. The back up camera is a nice feature. The navigation system includes traffic and weather (in most major cities at least). The leather seats and lumbar support in the drivers side is very nice. Good leg room in the back.
Suggested Improvements
The navigation system maps seem to be incomplete. My address has existed for >4 years and my brothers for >5 years but neither show up in the map and they are noth in big cities (San Antonio and Fort Worth). Reading the forums seem to show this to be typical. And according to Nissan, my map is the most current. It also appears that is cost >$200 to upgrade the maps when available :-(