Used 2012 Nissan Altima 3.5 SR Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2012 Nissan Altima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Better than the 2.5s
By nismo1234

2012 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Not saying a whole lot but This car is not fuel efficient and expensive to drive around town. It cost 19 Gallons to fill up and you can spend a quarter tank just driving to wallmart and back! Not sure about the math but i fill up twice a week 40 Gallons a week.

Favorite Features

All Black Interior,Carpet and dash design. Orange Dash lights... ( Black and Orange ) 3.5L V6 270 hp @ 6000RPM CVT 17'' Rims Nice Body Shape and Curves/ Edges Round Nissan Iconic Tail lights Steering Wheel Style, Leather and Buttons. Mirror Turn Signals Push door button Cant lock keys in car Push to start -No steel shark tooth looking key Visor has lights on Mirror Electric Driver Seat Big Trunk lots of space Floor mats say Altima and has circle hook Big 19 Gallon Tank 8 Speakers system My Altima came with a emergency kit Poor Clear coat on paint

Suggested Improvements

Gas bill is expensive This car needs better performance Braking system The Radio is standard and ugly. A Flat screen radio/Gps would be nice. Rear View mirror is not Push to Dim Tail Lights- Light bulbs are out dated... Go LED! Front Seats are not really Comfortable White Florence Cluster Rings- Yuk Go Orange i don't like the push to open lids and cup tray its tacky. The sound system is not quality for a 30k Vehicle

Most dangerous vehicle on the road
By lindalebron

2012 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have had repeat visits to the dealer to address the problem of hesitation when accelerating, which I am told the service department cannot duplicate, and they cannot fix what they can't find. I have had my car for 26 months and hate driving it on the highways. When I travel to San Diego to visit grandchildren, I rent a vehicle. Am I the only Altima owner experiencing this problem? Now, the transmission is jerking when driving at low speeds. So, the vehicle is back at the dealer's shop once again. What a horrible Nissan product!

Very Surprised
By boysen

2012 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my 3.5SR wit 24,000 miles on it and I am very happy with it. I have the fully loaded edition. Drives smooth, very comfortable, the leather is great quality and it has 270 hp so it is a blast to drive. I drove 210 miles and used 1/2 of a tank. I am 6-2 and have wide shoulders but i feel small in the car because it had tons of room up front and in back. My friend is taller than me and has plenty of leg room while sitting behind me. Its a sound car with no rattles or hollow sounds. Well built. I would recommend a altima to anyone.

Favorite Features

Motor Bose Sound System Seats Everything

Suggested Improvements

None

Rust streams in the paint after 1-year - not covered under warranty??
By kkostelic

2012 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I love most of the car; however just after a year rust started streaming down the trunk lid just under the horizontal chrome piece above the license plate. Obvious this is resulted from either poor assembly, or poor workmanship. One would anticipate that this would be a warranty issue, however trips to the dealership, their body shop (that shared the same opinion as I), plus calling the 1-800-Nissan1, the answer was we don’t cover this. I've had 18 cars, and buy two vehicles every 3 years..this being my first Nissan. Nevertheless, I've never had paint issues such as this!! I won’t be buying Nissan again..not because of their vehicles, but their poor warranty .

Favorite Features

Engine & CVT

Suggested Improvements

Improve your warranty!

2012 Altima 3.5 SR
By wikoli

2012 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Lucked out, got 6K off msrp on a fully loaded '12 3.5 SR incl. tech pkg. (nav). Was sitting on dealer's lot for 2 weeks with a "sold" sign, but deal fell through. Last '12 on their lot. Impressive initial quality, flawless fit and finish (silver) and interior quality. Kudos to the folks at the Smyrna, TN plant. Driver's seat not as good as '13 "NASA" seat, but is fine. Brakes not as good as wife's previous '10 CX-7 GT, but acceptable. V6 & CVT good match w/ good power. 26 mpg on first tank (hand calculated), not bad, better than the CX-7. Handling is great, steering is heavy on hwy. but tracks well and lightens up in low speed driving. This is a completely different car from the 2.5 models.

Favorite Features

Very sporty, excellent value for the money. To me, competitive with higher end Infinity, Lexus, BMW, Mercedes etc. Lota bang for the buck. Actually like like the body style and interior better than the 2013, even though it's a 5 year old end of product cycle model. Body and interior very europeanish. The 17" Bridgestone touring tires do get a bit noisy on rougher roads, but otherwise cabin is pretty quiet with minimal wind noise as well. I think the door panels and sound proofing are upgraded from the base models because the car feels very sold vs. the 2.5 base models I've driven which kind of feel like a tin can. As I said, completely different car. Made in USA is a big plus too (3/12).

Suggested Improvements

The 5 year old scrolling menus. You can only view one set of info at a time. for instance, you have to scroll to get the thermometer. No blind spot monitoring system (2013's got it). No separate compass from nav. (homelink mirror on 3.5 SL no compass) The 2013 is improved in many ways (they're calling it the "Camry killer"). The 2013 match for this 2012 is the SL w/ tech pkg. and rear spoiler (you have to order that separately now). Would have tried to make a deal on that '13 configuration if they had charcoal int. in stock, but would have paid at least 3k more. So far very happy and very impressed with initial quality and performance, we'll see what the long term quality is like.