2012 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Great Family Sedan
By jravelo on 01/07/13 06:30 AM (PST)

2012 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This car is not very fun to drive, as it is a 4 cylinder with a CVT transmission. Having said that, the manual shifter, steering feel and comfort, make it a very appealing choice. If you don't care about the fun, and want a comfy, reliable, good looking, long lasting family sedan, look no further. The accord don't measure up, the camry of the malibu neither. This car drives great, is very quiet inside, the Bose sound I got on this trim is absolute marvelous, the bluetooth works great, is good on gas (22.5 city, 34 hwy), and overall, you can't go wrong with it at all. Is a veeeeery smooth drive, very smooth.

Happy Customer
By magicfan on 02/08/12 18:57 PM (PST)

2012 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Solid car so far. Purchased it on 12/31/11 and have put a little over 2000 miles on it. Averaging 26 mpg combined driving and a respectable 32 mpg on highway. As previous owner noted, it is simply styled on the inside (mine came without a radio) but very functional with good quality materials and comfortable seats. This is my first Altima. I'm trying it based on the super great performance and reliability of my Nissan King cab pickup (1987 model) I owned for over 10 years and 225,000 miles. We like what we have seen so far from the Altima.

Noisiest car I ever had
By frespo on 11/30/11 16:44 PM (PST)

2012 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my new car ~ 2 months ago. Since the beginning it made a loud "grinding" engine noise. I think it sounds like a loud diesel car. Took it to the dealer and they could not find anything "unusual". You could hear it over the radio, which is not very good. This car is noisier than the Civic 2001 it replaced! On gas milegae, I was looking forward to getting at least 30. No such luck. With the car brand new it gave me 27 and now it is down to 25. It does not have a USB port, which comes standard with cheaper cars. In short, not the new car experience I was hoping for. Do yourself a favor. DO NOT BUY AN ALTIMA. There are plenty of good cars out there. Many are priced lower than this

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Nissan Altima Sedan in NJ is:

$245 per month*