Used 2012 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Better than the 2.5s
By nismo1234

2012 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Not saying a whole lot but This car is not fuel efficient and expensive to drive around town. It cost 19 Gallons to fill up and you can spend a quarter tank just driving to wallmart and back! Not sure about the math but i fill up twice a week 40 Gallons a week.

All Black Interior,Carpet and dash design. Orange Dash lights... ( Black and Orange ) 3.5L V6 270 hp @ 6000RPM CVT 17'' Rims Nice Body Shape and Curves/ Edges Round Nissan Iconic Tail lights Steering Wheel Style, Leather and Buttons. Mirror Turn Signals Push door button Cant lock keys in car Push to start -No steel shark tooth looking key Visor has lights on Mirror Electric Driver Seat Big Trunk lots of space Floor mats say Altima and has circle hook Big 19 Gallon Tank 8 Speakers system My Altima came with a emergency kit Poor Clear coat on paint

Gas bill is expensive This car needs better performance Braking system The Radio is standard and ugly. A Flat screen radio/Gps would be nice. Rear View mirror is not Push to Dim Tail Lights- Light bulbs are out dated... Go LED! Front Seats are not really Comfortable White Florence Cluster Rings- Yuk Go Orange i don't like the push to open lids and cup tray its tacky. The sound system is not quality for a 30k Vehicle

Most dangerous vehicle on the road
By lindalebron

2012 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have had repeat visits to the dealer to address the problem of hesitation when accelerating, which I am told the service department cannot duplicate, and they cannot fix what they can't find. I have had my car for 26 months and hate driving it on the highways. When I travel to San Diego to visit grandchildren, I rent a vehicle. Am I the only Altima owner experiencing this problem? Now, the transmission is jerking when driving at low speeds. So, the vehicle is back at the dealer's shop once again. What a horrible Nissan product!

Car wont start
By solarwinds

2012 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We leased this vehicle... Got a great deal.. But the car now wont start and has to be towed to dealer hopefully they fix it... The dealer we got the car from is very good and the service guys are very nice and helpful... NPN in nj rt 22. The car at high speed with weight in the back passengers is ver unstable. The car has a nice design and interior but over all its a cheap built... In the snow its undrivable and as good as rear wheel drive. MPG is ok but not great. Seats are very comfortable and the dash is nice. The push button start has recently failed and the car will have to be towed...

Seats, Styling, dash... We got a 2013 Subaru Legacy Limited... The interior toys are not as modern as the Altima. But it definitely out performs then the Nissan. Handling is great, power is smooth,, MPG consistent 28 mixed up to 33 - 34 hwy. The AWD is incredible and the car feels solid... In NJ 2014 winter it was flawless blast through snow and take the potholes great...

Make the car feel safer and put some metal on it... I dont feel safe in this tin feel like car.

Very Surprised
By boysen

2012 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my 3.5SR wit 24,000 miles on it and I am very happy with it. I have the fully loaded edition. Drives smooth, very comfortable, the leather is great quality and it has 270 hp so it is a blast to drive. I drove 210 miles and used 1/2 of a tank. I am 6-2 and have wide shoulders but i feel small in the car because it had tons of room up front and in back. My friend is taller than me and has plenty of leg room while sitting behind me. Its a sound car with no rattles or hollow sounds. Well built. I would recommend a altima to anyone.

Motor Bose Sound System Seats Everything

None

A Family sedan car for REAL
By doppel_110

2012 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We love our Altima, everybody drives it cause its give good MPG. I fillup and takes me everywhere, farther places and still last a week. I'm a truck guy so I use to seeing the fuel gauge needle move daily but on this Altima it takes awhile. When I dirve I average 28-30 mpg combine with 40 city and 60 hwy. The cabin is roomy specially the backseats. I never seen a roomy back seats car like the Altima. The trunk is massive can probably fit 2 full size adults with some space to spare. Love the suspension not noisy and handles very well. I can park easily and maneuver around corners, remember I'm a pickup truck guy so driving this car is mere child play.

I love its huge fuel tank, 20 gallons which range 540 miles! Like the sporting look even though is a family sedan

Ground clearance is probably the only thing I dislike. That's because I use to pickup trucks and still drive the Altima like one. It hit the ground when going uphill or downhill. Thats on me since I gotta get use to it. Other than that no problems at all.