Used 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5 Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Test Drive at Nite A Must!
By Sarah

2012 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

In all the cars I've owned, never would I have thought to test-drive at nite to check the visibility in a car for the headlights. Wish I would've. As much as I like my 2013 Altima, the headlights suck! Like one of the reviews, you really can't see past 100-150 feet ahead of you and going faster than 60mph....is tough when you're not familiar with the roads unless you are following someone! I'm looking into purchasing road lamps. That should help, but it's ridiculous! Don't buy this car or any until you test-drive at nite. And the car was steering and pulling like when you're on the frwy in those grooves....even when you're not. Talk about increasing the play of the traction/steering when you're in the rain on the freeway! No time to relax and drive.....had to take the car into Mossy for them to repair and they couldn't figure it out and Temecula Nissan was able to correct the issue. Don't ask what it was as I forget sadly but I'm sure the mister remembers. Each car is like a kid, even tho they come from the same parents just like twins, they are all different so be sure to test drive the car you want to buy before buying and test drive at nite too on a road/frwy you aren't familiar with and read the reviews. You'd swear the poor visibility of my headlights was due to the plastic cover being 10 years old and needs polishing but that's NOT the case. Good luck and hopefully Nissan will read these reports and no that there is a valid and legitamate issue with these headlights! Otherwise, yes I like my car!

Great Family Sedan
By jravelo

2012 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This car is not very fun to drive, as it is a 4 cylinder with a CVT transmission. Having said that, the manual shifter, steering feel and comfort, make it a very appealing choice.

If you don't care about the fun, and want a comfy, reliable, good looking, long lasting family sedan, look no further. The accord don't measure up, the camry of the malibu neither. This car drives great, is very quiet inside, the Bose sound I got on this trim is absolute marvelous, the bluetooth works great, is good on gas (22.5 city, 34 hwy), and overall, you can't go wrong with it at all.

Is a veeeeery smooth drive, very smooth.

Bose sound is the best of the best (try it), very smooth and quiet ride (great for highways), good on gas, lots of space, comfy front seats, ipod integration via usb is great

CVT transmission is interesting; test drive it for a while to make sure you like it, Bluetooth streaming audio would be nice. Other than that, is a great car

Happy Customer
By magicfan

2012 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Solid car so far. Purchased it on 12/31/11 and have put a little over 2000 miles on it. Averaging 26 mpg combined driving and a respectable 32 mpg on highway. As previous owner noted, it is simply styled on the inside (mine came without a radio) but very functional with good quality materials and comfortable seats. This is my first Altima. I'm trying it based on the super great performance and reliability of my Nissan King cab pickup (1987 model) I owned for over 10 years and 225,000 miles. We like what we have seen so far from the Altima.

Performance, Styling, Comfort, Good Mpg and future reliability ratings. We were also happy that it scored well on safety ratings.

Took a while to get used to push button starting. We now enjoy that feature. No real problem areas noted at this point. I will post more later.

Noisiest car I ever had
By frespo

2012 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my new car ~ 2 months ago. Since the beginning it made a loud "grinding" engine noise. I think it sounds like a loud diesel car. Took it to the dealer and they could not find anything "unusual". You could hear it over the radio, which is not very good.
This car is noisier than the Civic 2001 it replaced!
On gas milegae, I was looking forward to getting at least 30. No such luck. With the car brand new it gave me 27 and now it is down to 25.
It does not have a USB port, which comes standard with cheaper cars.
In short, not the new car experience I was hoping for. Do yourself a favor. DO NOT BUY AN ALTIMA. There are plenty of good cars out there. Many are priced lower than this

Glove box

get rid of the loud noise. Please someone from NISSAN read these reviews.