Used 2012 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2012 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Great Car, Great Value
By Phil

2012 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Give me back my Honda.
By Robert

2012 Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

If you're considering an Altima, specifically a V6 model, check out other offerings by Honda, Toyota, Chevy, Hyundai, Ford, or even Chrysler/Dodge. I bought my Altima certified pre-owned with 16000 miles on the clock. I enjoyed and loved the car since it had every feature and option available. Well at about 18000 miles when I brought it in to the dealership for numerous rattles while driving. Not too long after that, the car started to shudder when taking off after a stop, as well as hesitating. I took it back to the dealership where they said that the transmission was defective and had to be replaced, at 20000 miles. The car seemed to drive fine for a while but then, it started getting horrible gas mileage and hesitating again along with my brake light flashing and my traction control light illuminating. Took it back again at 22500, which they said my master cylinder was bad, brake booster was bad, and the car had a bad head gasket which was causing the coolant to leak into 2 cylinders causing them to misfire. Also, it had a bad motor mount and the exhaust had a leak. They replaced and repaired everything under warranty. Drove it until about 29000 miles and the replacement transmission started to shudder and hesitate again, as well as making a loud whining noise from 3000 rpm to redline. Took it back and the dealership said the replacement transmission had an internal failure again and needed to be replaced. Now for the pros of this ultra reliable crap mobile: the seats are comfortable, the ride is pretty smooth when it wants to be, and when the car isn't having any issues, the acceleration is great. Better than any car I've owned. But I'd gladly sacrifice some features this car has to go back to my trusty V6 Accord. Too bad it can't happen, since I'm upside down on this Altima.

I overall like my car
By Shaquille

2012 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I think the car kind of depends on where you get your car from. If you get it from a crappy dealer who has like 3 or 4 owners then i wouldnt get it. I got my car at 62k (it was a rental, Igot it from Hertz car sales.) I am not at 85k and all I chaaged was wheel barons and oil changes on the regular. I drive about 300-380 miles a week thats just a guess. I drive alot and i love this car, I have no complaints. I love acceleration, push start and keyless entry. Great features for a a weaker model i fill up my tank on sunday and i dont fill up again until friday....... So the gas mileage is good to me, its roomy and i have great trunk space. This is a great car for young adults..

Easy Rider
By Richard Haxel

2012 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

when you turn your turn signal on be careful that you don't take the headlights off of automatic. AC/Heat don't seem to coincide with the right and left controls. I wish I had gotten passenger side seat electronically controlled because once you put the seat back manually, it takes an act of congress to get back forward position.

I used to love nissannot anymore
By jennifer macklin

2012 Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have a four door 3.5 liter engine Nissan sedan. I was excited when I first got it because it had low mileage and it seem like a very dependable car. I had the car for a little less than 4 months and had to take it into the dealership because the lights were flickering and the Windows would not go up and down. the dealership said they could not find anything wrong with it and left it at that. A few months later again it was a sensor that went bad they had to replace that but the lights were still flickering and again they couldn't find anything wrong with it. we did this for over a year went to the dealership 4 times. I don't know if anybody else has experienced electrical issues with this type of vehicle but I highly recommend that you don't purchase. it is to the point now that I'm actually scared to drive it because it says no key on a constant basis after changing the batteries out I'm pretty much a regular basis. the doors won't lock even though there automatic lock doors and this makes me nervous with my children in the car and driving. so if anyone has young children and travels more than 15 miles this car is not for you.