2011 Nissan Altima Consumer Review: One of the better cars in its

2011 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Review

One of the better cars in its class
By darthbimmer on

2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My company provided me this car when I was on assignment for a few months. I drove it 2500 miles. It's not the kind of car I would buy for myself (I owned a BMW M3 at the time) but it's good for what it is: It's a large compact with room for 4. It's comfortable around town and on the open road. It has reasonable looks and a decent interior. Even with the 2.5 engine it's got enough handling that a "car guy" like me won't lose his mind driving it. Friends who have young families or are empty-nesters said they might buy this car.

Compact car with room for 4 adults. Easy entry/exit. Just enough sporty nature to keep most drivers engaged. (Honda used to build cars like this until they lost their way.) Very reliable even when used hard.

The adjustments on the manual seats can be hard to get right. The fuel economy for the 4 cylinder is mediocre -- but the '13 model promises to do much better.